Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Whats YOUR favourite Macintosh?

Whats YOUR favourite Macintosh?
Insecure bone
Banned
Jan 13, 2004, 08:59 PM

I have owned so many different Macs, my first ever being a Powerbook 1400c. I have to say my all time favourite has to be the ibook(white) 12". Why? Because I love the size, it's small, without being too small. It's tough, fast, and I love the texture of the keyboard/trackpad ect. So tell me, what's everyones favourite Mac? And WHY? Also...what Macs do you hate? (If any)

dlefebvre
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2004, 09:06 PM

So far, my G4 is my favorite. It's the first computer I could do everything I wanted to do with. From music to broadcast video. I have to admit that I fell in love with the dual 2Ghz G5 at work.

rambo47
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2004, 09:22 PM

I'll always have an emotional attachment to my first Mac, my Wall Street PowerBook. At the time the 292 MHz model with the jumped-up 83 MHz system bus was the fastest notebook anywhere. Solid as a rock. And the jump from OS 8 to OS 9 was a huge improvement.

Currently I use a 12" G4 PowerBook and a Dual-Gig QuickSilver PowerMac. My wife co-opted the 17" I had bought for myself but I hear it's quite nice.

quandarry
Jan 13, 2004, 09:23 PM

red juicy ones.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2004, 09:26 PM

My favorite Mac was the Pismo. That laptop was sexy and well built.

My second is the cube.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Tantrum
Jan 13, 2004, 09:26 PM

I only have one, and the others i was forced to use at school kinda sucked, so my powerbook by far, lol.
Powerbook Al 15"/1.25 GHZ/60 GB/512 MB/Airport/Bluetooth/Combo w/ 10.3
iPod 20 GB

PJW
Forum Regular
Jan 13, 2004, 09:39 PM

My old iMac DV SE was my favorite Mac. I had it for two years, and I just loved the hell out of it. It looked cool, it was my first computer with a DVD player, it was the first computer I ever used iMovie with, and it just gave me a good feeling whenever I used it.

I felt kinda sad when I sold it after I got my G4 Quicksilver. Having a big ugly monitor on my desk instead of that compact, cool looking machine just sucked.
Your services as a citizen, we regret to inform you, are no longer required.

Spliff
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2004, 09:39 PM

I'll always have a soft spot for my Mac Classic II. I still have it and I occasionally boot it up (OS 7.1). I can still surf the web (IE 2.1) and check my email (Eudora Lite).

I also like my brother's Color Classic.

Forum Links
Forum Rules