Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Apple Says Up to 4-Week Wait for iPod Shuffle

Apple Says Up to 4-Week Wait for iPod Shuffle
iStudent 2003
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2005, 05:58 PM

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2005, 06:14 PM

That was the case for new orders 2 days after the announcement.

I assume people who ordered it sooner will get them sooner.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Scarpad
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2005, 07:33 PM

I just ordered a 512 Mb one from Circuit city I had a gift card so I got it for $79.00. They say they are shipping now when the order went thru, on the main page it says they expect them to ship by the 27th. We'll see. I was going to get the 1gb but $79 for a 512 is attractive. One thing i figure is I'll be using this for walking and for the car and for Poolside Parties into a sound system. I figure 6hours of music I can put the perfect mixes on there and actually hear the songs I want to hear, with 12 hours your less likely to hear everything. Anyhow I could always sell the 512 and get a 1GB at a later date. I think 120 songs in rotation is perfect.
ipod mini

Mac Mini - 1.42Ghz
80GB HD - Airport Extreme
Superdrive - 512mb ram

Tantrum
Jan 18, 2005, 09:56 PM

I picked one up at the South Coast Plaza today after class, there was about 20 sitting pretty in the store, so i wouldn't worry about it being sold out too fast. I'm sure my bf will love is V-day gift, if i don't end up playing with it and falling in love with it.
Powerbook Al 15"/1.25 GHZ/60 GB/512 MB/Airport/Bluetooth/Combo w/ 10.3
iPod 20 GB

Scarpad
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2005, 11:54 PM

Originally posted by Tantrum:
I picked one up at the South Coast Plaza today after class, there was about 20 sitting pretty in the store, so i wouldn't worry about it being sold out too fast. I'm sure my bf will love is V-day gift, if i don't end up playing with it and falling in love with it.
Just keep that Necktie handy in case you do fall in love with it, then you can switchgift !
ipod mini

Mac Mini - 1.42Ghz
80GB HD - Airport Extreme
Superdrive - 512mb ram

Forbodium
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2005, 01:03 AM

So does this mean that stores which expected them in on the 22nd will now have to wait 2-3 and 3-4 weeks?
A process known as distributed computing helped map the human genome.

Now it's being used to find cures for cancer, ALS, alzheimer's and other diseases.

You can help by running a piece of software in the background. It's easy, free, and fun!

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2005, 07:07 AM

i ordered mine on the 11th and got status today that my dock is availble and shipping now, but i won't get the shuffle until at least the 27th.

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

LeeG
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2005, 12:05 PM

Ordered mine (1 Gb shuffle) the evening of the keynote, until this morning it said "On or Before Jan. 26th", now it has SHIPPED! Shipped yesterday, via fedex, can't tell what type of shipping they used, and the tracking number isn't functional yet...

Lee
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2005, 12:15 PM

Ordered a 1GB shuffle 30 min after the keynote and got the shipping confirmation this morning. I picked standard shipping but FedEx says estimated delivery is the 24th.

skipper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2005, 12:51 PM

I ordered the 1GB about two hours after MWSF and received my shipping information today. I chose standard ground shipping and it is supposed to arrive today!
12" Powerbook 1.33Ghz/768/60

hyperlucid
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2005, 01:08 PM

Mine just arrived at work. Can't wait to get it home and fire it up!

T

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2005, 09:48 PM

Originally posted by teknopimp:
i ordered mine on the 11th and got status today that my dock is availble and shipping now, but i won't get the shuffle until at least the 27th.
still no shipping notification on my shuffle. i take comfort knowing that at least my dock should be arriving via Fedex Ground tomorrow. estimated shipping on shuffle docks is currently 5-7 weeks!!!

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

T. Diddy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2005, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by teknopimp:
still no shipping notification on my shuffle. i take comfort knowing that at least my dock should be arriving via Fedex Ground tomorrow. estimated shipping on shuffle docks is currently 5-7 weeks!!!
i finally got a tracking number tonight
G5 Dual 2.0 | 23" Cinema HD | 12" PowerBook G4 1.33 superdrive | 12" iBook G3 900 | clamshell iBook 366 | iPod shuffle 1G

SalBaker
Jan 28, 2005, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by T. Diddy:
I simply put my name on the list at the local Apple retail store. They called me a week later (1/26) and I picked up my 1gig Shuffle.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2005, 02:07 PM

Ordered mine 2 days after the keynote, and got it this morning (I'm in Canada BTW)

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

T. Diddy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2005, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by SalBaker:
I simply put my name on the list at the local Apple retail store. They called me a week later (1/26) and I picked up my 1gig Shuffle.
i didn't even think to do that. glad you got yours. got mine wednesday finally.
G5 Dual 2.0 | 23" Cinema HD | 12" PowerBook G4 1.33 superdrive | 12" iBook G3 900 | clamshell iBook 366 | iPod shuffle 1G

mrgaskell
Senior User
Jan 28, 2005, 02:54 PM

I put my name on the list a day after the Keynote at the Cherry Creek store and just got the call to pick my 1GB up last night. I did buy the 512mb from CompUSA on the saturday they were supposed to be available.
BlackBook 2Ghz C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD | Black 80GB iPod 5.5 | 8GB Red iPod Nano |
Check out my personal and classroom sites!

Andy8
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2005, 12:42 PM

By chance I walked into my favourite local reseller and they had only one left so I grabbed it and have had 4 hours of bliss so far

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Feb 6, 2005, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by T. Diddy:
I got my tracking number last night

hldan
Mac Elite
Feb 6, 2005, 11:42 PM

Try Best Buy. That's where I got mine. I walked right into the store last week and the had a stack of them I got the 512MB model.
iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

Dougmc
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2005, 11:55 AM

I walked into two Best Buys yesterday�the first one had 20+ of the 512mb; the second had 17 of the 1GB and a similar quantity of the 512mbs.

Needless to say, I cancelled my web order with Apple and bought myself the 1GB Shuffle yesterday.

I was on the phone with one of the vendors that I regularly buy equipment from and she seemed surprised that I had one.
17" PowerBook (delivered 4/2/2003) | www.mcschooler.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules