Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod better battery replacement (eBay)

iPod better battery replacement (eBay)
bigsman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 31, 2006, 05:43 PM

hey guys - saw this on ebay and was wondering if it is worth buying for my 40gig 3g ipod as the battery life isnt tht gud...warrenty is finished now too - here is a link - has any1 else bought something similar? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/950mA-BATTERY-...QQcmdZViewItem also how long wud it last for on my ipod and which is best 700mA or 950mA? thanks

bigsman  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2006, 07:45 AM

no1 have no info on this?

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 07:50 AM

Proper spelling might help getting your question across.

bigsman  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2006, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mastrap
Proper spelling might help getting your question across.
is this how you get a big post number? great answer turd...it is understandable

bigsman  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2006, 08:54 AM

sorry for my outburst but you can understand why...

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by bigsman
is this how you get a big post number? great answer turd...it is understandable

Try and read your original post - it is damn near unintelligible. If you want help, make sure that your request can at least be understood. Writing like an AOL kiddie on SMS won't get you anywhere.

bigsman  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mastrap
Try and read your original post - it is damn near unintelligible. If you want help, make sure that your request can at least be understood. Writing like an AOL kiddie on SMS won't get you anywhere.
omg you a such a retard...are you for real? are you going to tell me off me now cos i write short-handed? for retards out there...i was just wondering whether this battery can increase battery life on my ipod. i was also wondering if any other member has purchased a similar item for their iPod, thanks

_kevin
Feb 4, 2006, 05:44 AM

Bigsman, your post is uncomfortable to read. It bothers me when people abbreviate words that have no business being shortened (since when does "would" need to be shortened to "wud"?).

Anyway, to respond to your question, I purchased a battery on eBay a month ago for my 20Gig 3G. It seems to be operating perfectly: it holds its charge well, and has a substantial capacity. My original battery would operate the iPod for just over 2 hours. The new one has functioned for over 6 consecutive hours, and the gauge still indicated there was a third of power left. I've never had a successful test of it, (someone always seems to find a way to interrupt it), but I would imagine it would operate the iPod for a duration between 8-10 hours.
Starting Line: 15" 1.25GHz Powerbook, iPod 5G 60GB, Nikon 3100, AMD 2200 & Intel P3 Winboxes
Honorably Retired: 12" 867MHz Powerbook, Quadra 610, Mac Plus, iPod 3G 20GB
Dishonorabe Discharge:HP AMD 2.4GHz notebook, Toshiba 1.5GHz Intel Pentium-M Centrino notebook

bigsman  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2006, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by _kevin
Bigsman, your post is uncomfortable to read. It bothers me when people abbreviate words that have no business being shortened (since when does "would" need to be shortened to "wud"?).

Anyway, to respond to your question, I purchased a battery on eBay a month ago for my 20Gig 3G. It seems to be operating perfectly: it holds its charge well, and has a substantial capacity. My original battery would operate the iPod for just over 2 hours. The new one has functioned for over 6 consecutive hours, and the gauge still indicated there was a third of power left. I've never had a successful test of it, (someone always seems to find a way to interrupt it), but I would imagine it would operate the iPod for a duration between 8-10 hours.
oh well its the new 3rd generation english language...but thank you for your input kevin i think i am going to purchase one now

janikphoto
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2006, 03:37 PM

i totally agree that cutting cornrs while typing makes a post hard/slower to read. And I also agree that many of these aftermarket batteries will give your player a boost. I've used similar items for my cameras and they were always longer than the original...

Forum Links
Forum Rules