Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > What did you think of the Flat Panel iMac G4? (the one with the adjustable steel arm)

What did you think of the Flat Panel iMac G4? (the one with the adjustable steel arm)
im_noahselby
Senior User
May 6, 2006, 03:33 AM

Although it has been a couple of years now since I sold my iMac (rev a 800Mhz G4), I have to say that it was a great machine for its time. Although it was crippled with a small 15" LCD and a 32MB Geforce 2 graphics card, Apple later remedied this with an updated 17" LCD and a 64MB graphics card. It's unique steel arm seemed to captivate some, but for the most part people thought it looked strange and very un-computer like. Neat and weird were comments I got frequently after I would show someone my computer. I don't believe it was the success Apple had hoped it would be, proving that a stunning design doesn't always translate into an all-star.

I remember waiting for the release of the iMac G5 with anticipation. Rumors were floating around that it would have a snake-like arm connected to the LCD. Wouldn't that have been cool! I liked the fact that the LCD on the original iMac G4 adjusted so effortlessly and it was thin and stylish. The design was fun and classic. When the iMac G5 came out I was pretty underwhelmed, it seemed that Apple was doing everything backwards. Just go and watch the keynote where Steve Jobs introduced the original iMac G4 and than compare it to the one where he releases the iMac G5. He contradicts himself, but it is to be expected.

What we have now is a very uninspired design, but it is more functional for the average user - which I think a lot more people appreciate.

Does anyone else have any thoughts about the original iMac G4? What was your initial reation to it and why did you or didn't you like it?

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

Will C
Mac Enthusiast
May 6, 2006, 05:43 AM

I would say it was good ergonomically i.e the screen was great to adjust, but I think form got in the way of function - that dome base may have looked cool, but I am sure it made design of the internals more complex and expensive which I would guess meant that the next design (G5 imac) had to start from scratch.

It reminded me of bulding projects where it seems the architect has drawn something very exciting and new and then the engineers get the headaches to make it work. There is a beautiful eleagnt bridge in the south of France (sorry can't remember its name/location) which the Brits (that's me...) all say "Oh yes British architech - Normal Foster blah blah blah...' while the French say (and I tend to agree with them here but then I am an engineer) "Yes, but built by French engneers.."

I like new good ideas, but I dislike aesthetic design for the sake of it.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
May 6, 2006, 01:57 PM

I have an iMac Core Duo, which is a very nice machine, but I tend to agree that its design is less impressive and functional than the "sunflower" iMac G4. I imagine that Steve and Jonathan Ive were disappointed that it didn't do better. But I can see how a less revolutionary design might actually be better in attracting potential switchers, etc.

Hal06
Forum Regular
May 6, 2006, 04:54 PM

I think it is the cutest computer any maker had brought to the market, and I have had a good range of beautiful computers!.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
May 6, 2006, 10:03 PM

Still got mine, love it. And I dont mind its only a 15" LCD, it has the same screen space as my 17' CRT. If Apple brought out a similar design in the future I would pick it up. I think they switched form factors to save on money, im sure the design was more expensive then the current designs for production.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

MacOS-Fan
Forum Regular
May 7, 2006, 09:40 PM

I had one, and LOVED it!!!
20" iMac (Intel CoreDuo)
- 2 GB's of RAM
- Logitech X530 Sound System

hickey
Mac Elite
May 7, 2006, 10:42 PM

my parents still have one, and i use it whenever i go home. For their websurfing, emailing, and occasional ipod usgae its great. But when i try to even cut some clips in iMovie it starts to hurt.

Still a great machine though.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
May 8, 2006, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by hickey
my parents still have one, and i use it whenever i go home. For their websurfing, emailing, and occasional ipod usgae its great. But when i try to even cut some clips in iMovie it starts to hurt.

Still a great machine though.
Do you know how much RAM it has? It should be able to handle iMove without major problems.

EFFENDI
Mac Enthusiast
May 8, 2006, 02:17 AM

I have a 800MHz iMac G4 Flat Panel with 512MB and it runs iMovie excellently. Even effects rendering is quick. I still use it for quick projects.
iMac G4 15" 800/512MB/60GB
iMac G5 20" 1.8/768MB/160GB
Mac Mini Core Duo 1.66/2GB/80GB
Mac Pro 2.66/X1900/3GB/3TB /Apple 23" Cinema HD Display

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2006, 05:21 AM

I love mine, and design-wise it's leagues ahead of the iMac G5/Core Duo. It's almost like they came out in the wrong order - the current model is a very obvious thing to, i.e. just pack it all in the back of the screen, whereas the G4 was unique and lets you move the screen wherever you want. I will probably trade mine in for a current model this year for performance reasons, though I'll be very sorry to see it go

 iMac Core 2 Duo 17" 2ghz 3gb/250gb ||  iBook G4 12" 1.33ghz 1gb/40gb

Hal06
Forum Regular
May 8, 2006, 09:48 AM

BTW, how loud are these iMac G4 models?, how does a top model -by then- iMac G4 1,25 GHz compare with a Power Mac 1,25 GHz?

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2006, 11:57 AM

Mine never bothers me at all even when it's flat out. It's quieter than the last G4 tower I used. A classic machine in all respects

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2006, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Inside Man
BTW, how loud are these iMac G4 models?, how does a top model -by then- iMac G4 1,25 GHz compare with a Power Mac 1,25 GHz?
Is that Clive Owen in your sig picture?

Hal06
Forum Regular
May 8, 2006, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by WOPR
Mine never bothers me at all even when it's flat out. It's quieter than the last G4 tower I used. A classic machine in all respects
Cool. I find my 1.25 GHz Power Mac rather loud.

Is that Clive Owen in your sig picture?
Sure, nickname says it all

acorder
Forum Regular
May 8, 2006, 03:32 PM

I've had a Core Duo iMac for a few weeks now, and though it obviously spanks the flat-panel G4 iMac my housemate has, I long for her moveable screen. I sometimes use her iMac when she's at class, just because it's such a joy to have around. (She's also put a Pioneer Superdrive in it as an upgrade.) Unfortunately she just got a MBP and so is looking to seel her G4 iMac. A shame I don't have the cash to buy it from her...

P
May 8, 2006, 06:12 PM

I always like the design but found them too expensive for what you were getting, plus that I've never been friends with a machine that is that hard to upgrade. They said the old G3 iMacs were bad - they're nothing on the flat panels.

macwayne
Forum Regular
May 8, 2006, 08:03 PM

I have one of the last G4 20inch flat panels (1.2Ghz) that I bought as a refurb from the Apple store. I also have a G5 iSight 20inch iMac (2.0Ghz) that I bought earlier this year. Though I love the speed of the G5, I still find myself using the G4 even more. The design of the computer is a classic and I swore to myself if I ever had the opportunity to buy one again (I sold a 17" 1.0GHz G4 in these forums before, much to my regret) that I would never sell it. It still does everything I need it to do. Plus, when it gets too old for normal use, I can always turn it into a server for my iTunes music.

gnomexp
Forum Regular
May 8, 2006, 09:35 PM

The first two Macs I got to play with were a Quicksilver PowerMac and a 17in iMac G4. I absolutely loved how effortless it was to adjust the iMac, though it was tethered pretty good by security cables, silly university. The coolest part about them was the presence of the pinstripey/holographicish plastic stuff where the ports were. I sincerely miss that texture from old G3 Blue n' Whites.

I'm happily cruising on an 867MHz 12in PowerBook, though I will get a 17in MBP (or a 15in if the prices go down) this summer.

Hal06
Forum Regular
May 10, 2006, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by macwayne
I have one of the last G4 20inch flat panels (1.2Ghz) that I bought as a refurb from the Apple store. I also have a G5 iSight 20inch iMac (2.0Ghz) that I bought earlier this year. Though I love the speed of the G5, I still find myself using the G4 even more. The design of the computer is a classic and I swore to myself if I ever had the opportunity to buy one again (I sold a 17" 1.0GHz G4 in these forums before, much to my regret) that I would never sell it. It still does everything I need it to do. Plus, when it gets too old for normal use, I can always turn it into a server for my iTunes music.
How speedy do you find the iMac G4 1.25 GHz?, speedy enough to…? I would like to know how it does compare with a single 1,25 GHz MDD Power Mac G4, thanks.

Mojo
Mac Enthusiast
May 10, 2006, 05:40 PM

I purchased a 20" G5 iSight iMac at the beginning of this year and the lack of monitor adjustments is the only gripe I have with the computer. After about a week of using the iMac on a typical computer desk with a slide-out keyboard shelf I began experiencing serious neck pain . I used the same desk with a 7300/200 and Sony 17" CRT for years without a problem. I also used an iBook for four years on a regular table without a hitch.

My wife also had minor neck pain after using the iMac for a brief period. The main problem is that the monitor is just a little too high and as we all know, the monitor cannot be adjusted for height.

After looking at my rather limited options (including selling the iMac...) I raised my keyboard and trackball on books and I now sit on a firm meditation pillow that boosts me 2-3 inches. It isn't an elegant solution, but it is cheap and doesn't require doing major carpentry on the desk. It is reasonably comfortable and it does require better posture when using the iMac, which might be considred a plus...

The lack of monitor adjustments is a serious design flaw. If someone I know is considering an iMac I will definitely let them know that they might experience problems due to its lack of ergonomic flexibility.

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
May 10, 2006, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo
I purchased a 20" G5 iSight iMac at the beginning of this year and the lack of monitor adjustments is the only gripe I have with the computer. After about a week of using the iMac on a typical computer desk with a slide-out keyboard shelf I began experiencing serious neck pain . I used the same desk with a 7300/200 and Sony 17" CRT for years without a problem. I also used an iBook for four years on a regular table without a hitch.

My wife also had minor neck pain after using the iMac for a brief period. The main problem is that the monitor is just a little too high and as we all know, the monitor cannot be adjusted for height.

After looking at my rather limited options (including selling the iMac...) I raised my keyboard and trackball on books and I now sit on a firm meditation pillow that boosts me 2-3 inches. It isn't an elegant solution, but it is cheap and doesn't require doing major carpentry on the desk. It is reasonably comfortable and it does require better posture when using the iMac, which might be considred a plus...

The lack of monitor adjustments is a serious design flaw. If someone I know is considering an iMac I will definitely let them know that they might experience problems due to its lack of ergonomic flexibility.
No offense but that's rather narrowminded isn't it? It's not the iMac's fault. It all depends on the height of your desk versus the height of your chair and the placement of you peripherals. If you're getting lots of pain from it then buy a knee chair. I paid $100 for mine and it's the best investment I've made. Height adjustable, ergonomic (forces straight posture), and it isn't ugly. That would take the strain off of your neck, at least an amount worth mention. I usually find myself tilting my monitor back because it's too low.
 Certified AppleCare Technician

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
May 11, 2006, 09:06 AM

How speedy do you find the iMac G4 1.25 GHz?, speedy enough to…? I would like to know how it does compare with a single 1,25 GHz MDD Power Mac G4, thanks.
Try downloading mactracker and comparing their specs, I would imagine that they would be very close. It certainly does everything I throw at it, I use iMovie quite a lot and it doesn't balk at Photoshop either. It's a very impressive machine and I'll be very sad when I eventually sell it to get a Core Duo iMac.

Hal06
Forum Regular
May 11, 2006, 10:03 AM

Try downloading mactracker and comparing their specs, I would imagine that they would be very close. It certainly does everything I throw at it, I use iMovie quite a lot and it doesn't balk at Photoshop either. It's a very impressive machine and I'll be very sad when I eventually sell it to get a Core Duo iMac.
Mactracker is an awesome piece of software, than you very much. You are right, they are really much the same, maybe the advantage for the Power Mac is getting a level 3 cache memory. But I guess the iMac is easily a silent computer.

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
May 11, 2006, 10:06 AM

Mactracker is an awesome piece of software, than you very much. You are right, they are really much the same, maybe the advantage for the Power Mac is getting a level 3 cache memory. But I guess the iMac is easily a silent computer.
It's not silent as it does have a fan that is certainly noticeable if you tax the machine heavily for some time. But it's by no means noisy, especially if you're used to a MDD G4 !

Mojo
Mac Enthusiast
May 11, 2006, 03:54 PM

I have used a kneeling chair for years but I wouldn't call it the perfect solution, as it puts pressure on the knees and requires a somewhat rigid posture. It does tend to raise one's body, so it can help, but I wouldn't want to use one for hours. At best I can see switching between a kneeling chair and standard chair.

I did quite a bit of checking and my desk and chair are average in their heights and range of adjustments. I looked at a wide-range of computer and regular furniture at many different prices. And I am average height (5'10".) If I used a lower desk my knees would not be able to be under the keyboard shelf, creating new ergonomic challenges. Ditto if I went to a higher chair, and the higher chairs I found were significantly higher than an average office/computer chair.

I discussed the problem with my wife, who is a physical therapist with twenty+ years of experience assisting patients with adaptive modalities to compensate for chronic symptoms due to injury or disease. She was amazed that a computer was designed with such limited adjustments when it is a given that computers are used in a wide range of environments by people who will vary greatly in their physical dimensions.

Unfortunately, computer-related physical problems due to poor ergonomic design are common. Most people don't give it a second thought, which is why there are so many people suffering from repetitive stress and other symptoms due to using a computer.

The iMac really only needs one more adjustment: up and down. Instead of this relatively low-cost option, a user is forced in some situations to consider much more expensive alternatives where the working environment must be altered to conform to the peripheral...which is kind of crazy, if you think about it.

Here is a medical analogy: suppose that a person has a leg-length discrepancy that may cause or is causing a physical disability ( a not uncommon situation.) There are basically two options when dealing with an adult (other than ignoring it...): an orthopedic surgeon can surgically shorten the longer leg, which is very expensive, painful, requires months of recuperation and is fraught with potential complications (even loss of the leg). (If the patient is a child who is still growing a form of surgery is available that entails far fewer risks and is a more reasonable option.)

Or you can design a lift for the patient's shoes for a pittance and no risk of complications. There may be some inconvenience if a desired shoe style won't work with a lift, but it sure beats losing your leg...

I'm obviously not trying to compare an iMac ergonomic problem with major surgery, I'm just making a point. The surgery angle came to me because we even considered cutting a hole in the desk and installing a shelf for the iMac so it could be lowered 2-3" inches.

I actually prefer the look of the current iMac over the G4. But in this case Apple opted for form over function, and when it comes to something like a computer that is used for hours every day, that is a poor choice indeed.
( Last edited by Mojo; May 11, 2006 at 07:00 PM. )

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
May 11, 2006, 07:56 PM

I have used a kneeling chair for years but I wouldn't call it the perfect solution, as it puts pressure on the knees and requires a somewhat rigid posture. It does tend to raise one's body, so it can help, but I wouldn't want to use one for hours. At best I can see switching between a kneeling chair and standard chair.

I did quite a bit of checking and my desk and chair are average in their heights and range of adjustments. I looked at a wide-range of computer and regular furniture at many different prices. And I am average height (5'10".) If I used a lower desk my knees would not be able to be under the keyboard shelf, creating new ergonomic challenges. Ditto if I went to a higher chair, and the higher chairs I found were significantly higher than an average office/computer chair.

I discussed the problem with my wife, who is a physical therapist with twenty+ years of experience assisting patients with adaptive modalities to compensate for chronic symptoms due to injury or disease. She was amazed that a computer was designed with such limited adjustments when it is a given that computers are used in a wide range of environments by people who will vary greatly in their physical dimensions.

Unfortunately, computer-related physical problems due to poor ergonomic design are common. Most people don't give it a second thought, which is why there are so many people suffering from repetitive stress and other symptoms due to using a computer.

The iMac really only needs one more adjustment: up and down. Instead of this relatively low-cost option, a user is forced in some situations to consider much more expensive alternatives where the working environment must be altered to conform to the peripheral...which is kind of crazy, if you think about it.

Here is a medical analogy: suppose that a person has a leg-length discrepancy that may cause or is causing a physical disability ( a not uncommon situation.) There are basically two options when dealing with an adult (other than ignoring it...): an orthopedic surgeon can surgically shorten the longer leg, which is very expensive, painful, requires months of recuperation and is fraught with potential complications (even loss of the leg). (If the patient is a child who is still growing a form of surgery is available that entails far fewer risks and is a more reasonable option.)

Or you can design a lift for the patient's shoes for a pittance and no risk of complications. There may be some inconvenience if a desired shoe style won't work with a lift, but it sure beats losing your leg...

I'm obviously not trying to compare an iMac ergonomic problem with major surgery, I'm just making a point. The surgery angle came to me because we even considered cutting a hole in the desk and installing a shelf for the iMac so it could be lowered 2-3" inches.

I actually prefer the look of the current iMac over the G4. But in this case Apple opted for form over function, and when it comes to something like a computer that is used for hours every day, that is a poor choice indeed.
I'm glad you corrected me I obviously wasn't seeing the whole picture. It's weird how it can be so different for people. I have my iMac sitting perfectly straight upwards (so that it lines up with my mounted external monitor) and even then I find myself looking down at it. I'm only 2" taller then you as well. Maybe it's my desk, it's under 3 feet, probably wasn't made for a computer. Though it does have all the drawers.

Personally I can't stand the G5's and Intel's. I find them bulky, and ugly (from a straight on view anyways). I loved the design of the G4's. In fact, if I had the money I'd buy a G4 iMac and swap it's parts out for an Intel mini's.

I really hope the next version of iMac's will be a perfect combination of form and function. But don't even get me started on the Cinema Display's. Why are they as thick as the iMac's? What are they trying to hide in there
 Certified AppleCare Technician

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
May 11, 2006, 08:10 PM

I also loved my lampshade G4 iMac. My in-laws have it now and I have visitation.

I liked the form-factor better than my current G5, but the latter is definitely better footprint-wise. I think the G4 is the best Mac I ever owned. It's actually the first one I owned which wasn't DOA out of the box... My Graphite DVSE and 12" PowerBook both were.
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

Mojo
Mac Enthusiast
May 11, 2006, 10:58 PM

Believe it or not, that 2" difference in height makes a big difference in this situation. If I could adjust the iMac just 2" I likely would not need to do anything else to remedy the problem. (My computer desk is just a hair under 30" high.)

Recently I have begun noticing how people are using computers in offices, on TV shows and in advertisements. The biggest single ergonomic oops I see is a monitor raised too high, sometimes 6" or more higher than my iMac. It is no coincidence that neck and back pain is at or near the top of health complaints in the U.S..

24klogos
Forum Regular
May 12, 2006, 02:22 AM

this thread needs more cowbell
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

Gamoe
Mac Elite
May 12, 2006, 02:59 AM

I really liked the "sunflower iMac". It was an inspired design. The current iMac form factor is simply dictated by its function. Practical, but not as exciting as the sunflower or other previous Apple designs.

It seems to me that the current design tread in electronics (computers, cell phones, etc.) is thinner and square, and there isn't as much room form creative for factors within that, I think.

Hal06
Forum Regular
May 12, 2006, 02:14 PM

It's not silent as it does have a fan that is certainly noticeable if you tax the machine heavily for some time. But it's by no means noisy, especially if you're used to a MDD G4 !
Thanks, nice to hear.

vandelay
May 14, 2006, 10:27 AM

I got a new 20'' G4 on ebay at a time when the redesigned G5 was already released, because i thought the design was unique and had more personality somehow.
In the meantime i also got a maxed out Intel Core Duo iMac, which by the way is great and, from reading the MacBook forums, seems to be the only Intel Mac without problems so far.
But as far as the design is concerned, it's a bit colder, in my opinion.

Star-Fire
Dedicated MacNNer
May 14, 2006, 11:15 AM

While the new iMacs are quite the engineering feat, with the computer in the a screen not much wider then my old cinema display. My friend who use to own a G4 iMac (Now a mac mini) always says the new one look like a tombstone, which I can kinda of see what he means. I only thing I didn't like about the "lamp" iMacs was that the screen would stay flat if you moved it up or down, but didn't when you moved side to side. I would have love it if the screen would have stayed in the same plane while you adjusted, if you catch my drift.
MacBook Pro 2.5 with 4 GB Ram, 250 GB 5400RPM, iMac 20" Intel Dual Core 2.0 with 2 GB Ram
http://star-fire.deviantart.com/gallery/

Peligro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2006, 04:13 AM

I love the way the g4s look. It would be so cool if they put this back on the block.

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2006, 05:13 AM

2 years on I still have issues with the 'chin' on the current iMac shape. I'm intrigued to see where the iMac design can go next...

dfbennett
Mac Enthusiast
May 18, 2006, 04:50 PM

I've got a 1ghz 17" FP iMac and it's working great for my needs. It stinks that it only has USB 1.1 and also my Apple Pro Speaker Jack seemed to have stoped working (I have Apple care but I'm not sure I'd bother to get it fixed since it'd require going without my sole computer for a few days and the pro speakers sucked anyway) but otherwise it's fine for 99% of my uses. The only reason I'm considering upgrading in a few months to a year is I think I've decided I want a laptop. It's still way faster than my old Sawtooth G4 was so it works for me.
Regards,
Dave

Madferret
Forum Regular
May 22, 2006, 10:43 AM

It's the best design ever. The newer iMacs are a step backwards in design and function, but forwards in technology. It's too bad. At least hte new ones have a pretty good video card though!

unix
Jun 7, 2006, 05:08 AM

Believe it or not, that 2" difference in height makes a big difference in this situation. If I could adjust the iMac just 2" I likely would not need to do anything else to remedy the problem. (My computer desk is just a hair under 30" high.)

Recently I have begun noticing how people are using computers in offices, on TV shows and in advertisements. The biggest single ergonomic oops I see is a monitor raised too high, sometimes 6" or more higher than my iMac. It is no coincidence that neck and back pain is at or near the top of health complaints in the U.S..
Well there actually actually computer tables available with a shelf for the monitor! I'm surprised you haven't seen any yet, this is fundamentally important since more monitors don't have an up down adjustment, (OK im referring to CRT's, which is the reason those tables were designed).

I think you should look into this, will greatly solve your problems.

Jasoco
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2006, 12:25 AM

I have one. I got it in 2002 during the two month "LCD Tax Hike". So it cost $100 more than it should have. I got it to replace the aging G3 450 iMac DV+ I was using. (Whose HD had died twice during my owning. Once under warranty, once after.)

I still have it. It's in my brothers room being rented until he gets his own. I miss it so much. I also miss its easy to move screen. The Apple Cinnamon I have now doesn't do it justice.

I will be getting an Intel iMac when I can afford it, and I use a G4 mini right now, but IMHO neither can do the design justice. The mini's close with its matching monitor and Cube-esque feel. But the iMac G4 Sunflower will always be my second favorite design.

It's the spiritual successor to the TAM that never was....

My brother is saving up for his own 17" IntelMac, so when he's done, I finally get my precious baby back! I can't wait!

sigamy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 13, 2006, 11:16 AM

My primary machine is a 17" 1Ghz iMac G4. I can't stress enough how much I love this machine. I added a 1gb SODIMM for 1.25GB of RAM. I added Creature Speakers, a bluetooth dongle, Apple BT keyboard and Logitech MX900 mouse.

I am a heavy iLife user and just started with Final Cut Express. I made a 30 minute short film and edited, made music with Soundtrack, burned DVDs all on my iMac.

The DVD for my movie contained a short and long version and blooper reels for one hour of content. After encoding and creating a disk image I burned about 30 copies. My iMac did not even blink.

I make home movies of the kids, we have about 9500 images from 2001 to present and I have about 20gb of music. It takes everything I throw at it.

I've told my wife a few times that I don't think we will ever own a better computer. It is very quiet--silent when just doing web and email, performs well, is extremely functional with the swing arm, etc., etc.

Now would I love a Core Duo, USB 2.0, more HD space and more RAM? Yes. In the current iMac form factor? No. I'll wait to see what the next iMac has to offer.

I will never sell my iMac G4. Never.

Mojo
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 14, 2006, 02:15 PM

A link to a computer desk with a shelf would be appreciated, since I have yet to see one online.

Forum Links
Forum Rules