Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Israel and Lebanon are now at war

Israel and Lebanon are now at war (Page 3)
Naplander
Senior User
Jul 13, 2006, 01:39 PM

Now they have bombed Haifa.

What a f*cked up world we live in

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/5178058.stm

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by goMac
So if the Green party blew up a nuclear reactor in Canada, Canada's response should be declaring war on the entire US?
Yes! It is OUR responsibility as a nation to ferret out groups of individuals who would act on behalf of the United States government as a whole for violent means towards another nation. If we don't then we have abdicated our authority as a sovereign nation to a very, very small subset of the population as a whole. And our whole government of/by/for the people has gone right down the sh!tter if we do abdicate that authority. So YES, it is very important we, as a sovereign nation, take responsibility for ourselves, even the ugly parts among us that preach/teach hate and/or violence.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 01:41 PM

So if the Green party blew up a nuclear reactor in Canada, Canada's response should be declaring war on the entire US?
Isn't the Green party an arm of an international movement originating in Europe?

That's kind of ridiculous anyway. If the US allowed a para-military group to control our northern border and launch raids into Canada, sure, Canada would be justified in responding.
( Last edited by itai195; Jul 13, 2006 at 02:08 PM. )

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 13, 2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy
Yes! It is OUR responsibility as a nation to ferret out groups of individuals who would act on behalf of the United States government as a whole for violent means towards another nation. If we don't then we have abdicated our authority as a sovereign nation to a very, very small subset of the population as a whole. And our whole government of/by/for the people has gone right down the sh!tter if we do abdicate that authority. So YES, it is very important we, as a sovereign nation take responsibility for ourselves, even the ugly parts among us that preach/teach hate and/or violence.
Apparently, some people believe that arabs shouldn't have to take responsibility for their own societies. I think those people in that part of the world have way different morals, and I would go so far as to call many of them uncivilized.

Trygve
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 13, 2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by PacHead
Just because they were 'democratically' elected, doesn't change anything, it actually makes it worse. That means that enough Lebanese are terrorist supporters or they wouldn't have gotten elected to begin with. The Lebanese are responsible for what happens in their country, believe it or not.
Actually Hezbollah runs hospitals, schools and other social services in Lebanon and that they won seats in Parliament does not mean that the population automatically supports military action. The group is seen in many circles as forming a legitimate resistance. Now of course I do not (and I am quite sure the vast majority of Lebanese do not) condone the cross border kidnapping of Israelis... but Israel's response is simply unjust.

Israel's real enemy here is Syria which exerts considerable influence in Hezbollah... but Israel will not attack Syria directly and instead pulls in Lebanon, who can do little about the situation.

:-(

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 13, 2006, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Naplander
[/url]
It's called war, and that's Hezbollah's move to show that they have longer range rockets. The next move by Israel will be far worse I'm sure. If they want to play the 'let's shoot rockets at each other and see who wins game', then I'm fairly certain that Israel will win.

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 13, 2006, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Trygve
but Israel's response is simply unjust.

Israel's real enemy here is Syria which exerts considerable influence in Hezbollah... but Israel will not attack Syria directly and instead pulls in Lebanon, who can do little about the situation.

I disagree, it's not unjust at all. It's good that Hezbollah runs hospitals, they're going to need them soon. If I were to vote for a Nazi because he has very good economic policies, then I can't go and whine afterwards and act surprised if non-aryans start to get murdered.

And you're right about Syria, and something might happen to them soon also, and to Iran.

Trygve
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 13, 2006, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Naplander
Israel had to have expected this when they bombed Beirut Airport. Of course since the US supplies Israel with unlimited resources, it can win any battle, but in the end it will not win the war with military action.

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 13, 2006, 01:52 PM

Israel had to have expected this when they bombed Beirut Airport.
Israel knows what they're doing. And it could also be said that the Lebanese should have expected to be bombed when Hezbollah invaded Israeli territory and kidnapped the soldiers.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 01:53 PM

Actually Hezbollah runs hospitals, schools and other social services in Lebanon and that they won seats in Parliament does not mean that the population automatically supports military action. The group is seen in many circles as forming a legitimate resistance. Now of course I do not (and I am quite sure the vast majority of Lebanese do not) condone the cross border kidnapping of Israelis... but Israel's response is simply unjust.

Then the social welfare arm of Hezbollah needs to demand that those who commit violence in the name of their group be sought out and punished.

Look what happened when the IRA finally de-commissioned all their arms: A small splinter group of members, calling themselves the Real IRA, announced they would not put-beyond-reach their arms. And you know what the IRA did, they completely and unequivocally denounced the Real IRA and their statements. They made it quite clear that thhis was a splinter group with no affiliation, no support from the main group that had agreed to decommission fully its arms.

This type of action is what needs to happen in Lebanon and the Palestinian territories. The Lebanese government and the social service arm of Hezbollah need to come together and jointly say that the militant arm of Hezbollah is a rogue actor not speaking on behalf of either group. They need to publicly and unequivocally denounce the actions of Hezbollah and publicly and unequivocally call for the return of the two captured Israeli soldiers.

That is how to get taken seriously if they are not interested in armed conflict.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

eklipse
Professional Poster
Jul 13, 2006, 01:53 PM

A responsible government who cares about it's population doesn't wage war against neighboring nations, the consequences can be deadly.
Israel should bear that in mind.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 01:54 PM

If the Green party was a designated terrorist group
Designated by whom? The US did nothing to take action against Irish terrorists operating in the US for years. That didn't give England the right to invade the US.

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 13, 2006, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by eklipse
Israel should bear that in mind.

Yep, and the same can be said for it's enemies.

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 13, 2006, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Troll
Designated by whom? The US did nothing to take action against Irish terrorists operating in the US for years. That didn't give England the right to invade the US.
Screw the IRA, this is about Hezbollah, and guess what - They're terrorists and recognized as such by most civilized countries. If you disagree, then you are a terrorist supporter, it's as simple as that.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 13, 2006, 01:57 PM

If we don't take care of it in a timely manner, yes.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 13, 2006, 01:58 PM

Then the social welfare arm of Hezbollah needs to demand that those who commit violence in the name of their group be sought out and punished.
The 'social welfare arm' is the terrorists, it's one and the same. People always play this game of seperating the two, it's the same. That's why they will never demand what you suggest.

eklipse
Professional Poster
Jul 13, 2006, 01:59 PM

Screw the IRA,...

:quack: :quack: :quack: :quack:
Nice duck.

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 13, 2006, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by eklipse
Nice duck.

Haha, I don't give a crap about the IRA. Pro-terrorists will never fool me with their lame distractions and off topic garbage.

You can talk about the IRA all you want, meanwhile Hezbollah is getting the crap bombed out of them.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 13, 2006, 02:03 PM

Doesn't it? This is mostly moot, however, since the IRA as a para-military force was dismantled.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 02:42 PM

That is true. The US turned a blind eye to IRA activities (mostly fund-raising) in this country. That was to our detriment and standing in the international sphere.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 03:49 PM

Hezbollah is trying to transfer the hostages over to Iran.

Iran and Syria are obviously behind this, it looks as though they're trying to draw Israel into a major war with them.

Probably because they think the US is weak and so they have little incentive to behave, unlike in the past when the US would step in to calm down Israel and the rest.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 03:56 PM

Oh and in case you don't believe that Iran is the architect of this conflict...

TEHRAN - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned on Friday that continued Israeli strikes against Palestinians in the Gaza Strip could lead to an "explosion" in the Islamic world that would target Israel and its supporters in the West.

Issued 4 days ago
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/735933.html

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jul 13, 2006, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
Hezbollah is trying to transfer the hostages over to Iran.

Iran and Syria are obviously behind this, it looks as though they're trying to draw Israel into a major war with them.

Probably because they think the US is weak and so they have little incentive to behave, unlike in the past when the US would step in to calm down Israel and the rest.
...which is why Israel shouldn't be in Lebanon because they aren't behind this. Seriously, I had this figured out days ago. Syria and Iran get to sit back, watch Israel invade Lebanon, and get the entire Muslim community up in arms. They knew Israel would overreact, and then they'll rally the Muslim community. Israel should have sat back with a cool head. Instead they played right into Syria and Iran's hands. Now Israel is going to invade Lebanon and the hostages won't even be there.

Do you think the hostages would even want this much blood shed in their name?
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 05:01 PM

Israel is a civic country, this is demonstrated by the honorable tradition of rescuing their soldiers who have been kidnapped or taken hostage.

In any case, Lebanon has always been the fighting ground between Israel and Syria, but the fighting is consistently provoked by Syria. How is this Israel's fault?

Monique
Mac Elite
Jul 13, 2006, 05:02 PM

That is too funny Lebanon calling on its allies, and they are?

More territories for Israel, it is nothing to win a war against Lebanon 30 years of a very long civil war weaken that country.

What is sas about Lebanon, it was once a paradise geographically, socially and politically until a crazy group decided to ruin that country.

What the Lebanese prime minister is saying: I am begging you do not invade my country.

Sky Captain
Mac Elite
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
Jul 13, 2006, 05:16 PM

Pretty sad when the prim minister cannot control his own militants.

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Jul 13, 2006, 05:22 PM

This is a very sad day. Lebanon Prime Minister should be ashamed for not taking responsibility for the taking of hostages by some of his citizens. I hope the people of Lebanon will keep that in mind nevertheless, and even though they are being bombed by Israel.

I am also quite displeased with Israel's reaction, which I believe too extreme. Honestly though, I can understand that such reciprocity may be required to make a point. But what will be the consequence of that point-making in the near future?

I also disagree with Hezbollah's kidnapping, as it creates more bad blood than necessary, and their unilateral discourse of eliminating Israel is an old song that needs to be changed for something more realistic: cohabitation.

Let's hope the conflict does not escalate to worse, and a resolve be done quickly.

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 13, 2006, 06:09 PM

Terrorist apologists should quit playing the 'arabs are not responsible for their country' game. If these people have no control over their countries, then they're not sovereign nations, and rather random locations on the map with varying degrees of terrorist infestations, places where anybody would be justified in moving in and cleaning up a bit.

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2006, 06:29 PM

Look, I don't think either side can cleanly win. I would like both of their armies to be destroyed actually. But Israel doesn't have the advantage here. They're outnumbered and outgunned in the case of a full on Middle East war.
Even if Isreal didn't have the advantage (which I think they do), they don't lose wars. Even when they are seriously outnumbered. They just don't lose.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 06:32 PM

Terrorist apologists should quit playing the 'arabs are not responsible for their country' game. If these people have no control over their countries, then they're not sovereign nations, and rather random locations on the map with varying degrees of terrorist infestations, places where anybody would be justified in moving in and cleaning up a bit.
That's the whole point. Of course Lebanon is not "sovereign" by that definition. Israel and Syria have never had an interest in helping it become "sovereign" in the first place. Syria only withdrew its troops last year. Israel placing ultimate blame on the Lebanese government is ridiculous.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 06:43 PM

Egyptian foreign ministry was apparently trying to negotiate a hostage exchange for Israel, something they have done in the past, but this has been thwarted by Syria.

Syrians are clearly manipulating the situation in order to draw a so-called "disproportionate response" from Israel.

If the hostages are transfered to Iran, then Israel will have nothing left to do but attack Iran as well, and this plays right into Ahmadinejad's stated goal of sparking a war with Israel. Unfortunately it could also lead to a serious conflict involving the US and Europe.

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2006, 06:48 PM

Egyptian foreign ministry was apparently trying to negotiate a hostage exchange for Israel, something they have done in the past, but this has been thwarted by Syria.

Syrians are clearly manipulating the situation in order to draw a so-called "disproportionate response" from Israel.

If the hostages are transfered to Iran, then Israel will have nothing left to do but attack Iran as well, and this plays right into Ahmadinejad's stated goal of sparking a war with Israel. Unfortunately it could also lead to a serious conflict involving the US and Europe.
Agreed. I can see a massive world war approaching.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 07:00 PM

How long did Israel give Lebanon to "exercise control over its people". Then compare with how long it took the US government to find the Washington sniper.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by greenG4
Even if Isreal didn't have the advantage (which I think they do), they don't lose wars. Even when they are seriously outnumbered. They just don't lose.
They don't win either. They have the same problems today that they had 50 years ago. That's because you can't beat people into submission. The human spirit is not like a horse that needs to be broken in. That's what Israel doesn't understand and that what's a lot of Palestinians don't understand either.

yakkiebah
Mac Elite
Jul 13, 2006, 07:08 PM

Wake up and smell the coffee. World war three is knocking on our doors. We live in a grey world but it's time to make that choice.

Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2006, 07:16 PM

They don't win either. They have the same problems today that they had 50 years ago. That's because you can't beat people into submission. The human spirit is not like a horse that needs to be broken in. That's what Israel doesn't understand and that what's a lot of Palestinians don't understand either.
It might not be seem as an all-out win, but Israel has never been beat. The Arab states just keep saying "next time, " and when it comes, they get smacked down yet again.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jul 13, 2006, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sky Captain
Pretty sad when the prim minister cannot control his own militants.
They're not his militants. The Lebanese government is 6 months old.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Joshua
Mac Elite
Jul 13, 2006, 10:01 PM

How long did Israel give Lebanon to "exercise control over its people". Then compare with how long it took the US government to find the Washington sniper.
Tracking down two guys with a rifle in a nation of 300 million is just a teensy bit different than clamping down on a militant group so large and organized that it's capable of launching a dozens of missiles at cities miles away.
Safe in the womb of an everlasting night
You find the darkness can give the brightest light.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 10:03 PM

Supposedly Iranian troops are in Lebanon and have fired some of the missiles into Israel.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2006, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by yakkiebah
Wake up and smell the coffee. World war three is knocking on our doors. We live in a grey world but it's time to make that choice.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2006, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Joshua
Tracking down two guys with a rifle in a nation of 300 million is just a teensy bit different than clamping down on a militant group so large and organized that it's capable of launching a dozens of missiles at cities miles away.
No, this is not about clamping down on Hezbollah. Israel wants its soldiers back and finding two people in Southern Lebanon is pretty darn similar to finding two people in Washington state. If anything, it's more difficult to find the guys in Lebanon.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 14, 2006, 01:28 PM

No, this is not about clamping down on Hezbollah. Israel wants its soldiers back and finding two people in Southern Lebanon is pretty darn similar to finding two people in Washington state. If anything, it's more difficult to find the guys in Lebanon.
Do try to keep up with the news. HizbAllah is not only going to be clamped down, it will be broken.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...275338,00.html

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Defense Minister Amir Peretz said Thursday night that, “We expected Hizbullah to break the rules, and now we intend to break them.

“We do not mean for this event to end when the situation returns to how things were a few days ago,” he said.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2006, 01:41 PM

vmarks, do you think Hezbollah will be destroyed? And what do you think will happen to Lebanon?

Should the US involve itself in order to help Lebanon regain order over its country?

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 14, 2006, 01:44 PM

Kerrigan:

a lot of variables are involved.

But the Lebanonians want Israel to take down HizbAllah.

I think it can be done, and I think it's far better than stopping short and living to fight another day- because we know that means more fighting another day rather than ending it now.

Read the comments at these links.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...275366,00.html

24. A message to the IDF

Please free our beloved tortured country from these crazed mullah-followers. Free our land from these bloody syrian and iranian agents. we want to live in peace.

Please take caution to focus your attack where they are and not attack christian areas. we support you and bear you no ill will.

May god bless you.

Lebanese christian, Damour area (07.14.06)

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...275338,00.html

22. Please no more empty words

I beg of Israel not to back off!!!!!!

Please ignore the world and really go after hizbalah.

hizbalah is a foreign iranian/syrian implant in our beloved lebanon.

wipe them out , kill their leaders one by one. we want to live in peace with civilized nations.

Thank you

farid of lebanon (07.14.06)

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...275319,00.html

7. Israel go ahead

I’m lebanese Christian from beirut, i hope Israel can reach hezbolla in their bed and kills them, and also let Israel strike the syrian president,, I wish this strike will finish soon,, with less civilian,, we are in the Christian area of beirut feeling happy about the strike, but psychologically we are affected,,everybody hates hezbolla here,,

I hope this will finish

nadim, lebanon (07.14.06)

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...274939,00.html

13. lebanese

to the person who said that palestinian and lebanese are one people well ur so damn wrong we are not like the palestinien and we do not want to fight their war, we only want out country we want peace and we want to get over with hizbulla, hopefully soon, so don’t link the lebanese to any of the arab world peope caus they are a bunch of f-cked up people

elie, lebanon (07.13.06)

Also read this letter from the Lebanese Peace Foundation.

http://www.free-lebanon.com/

Dear Mr. Prime Minister,

It was about time,

We Lebanese congratulate you on your recent actions against the Hezbollah terrorist infrastructure in Lebanon. We urge you to hit them hard and destroy their terror infrastructure. It is not Israel who is fed up with this situation, but the majority of the silent Lebanese in Lebanon who are fed up with Hezbollah and are powerless to do anything out of fear of terror retaliation.

Since Israel’s forced withdrawal in 2000, pulling out due to pressure from the Clinton Administration, Hezbollah has not for one day ceased its terror incentives, acts of war and provocations at the border. Hezbollah, with the help of Syria and Iran, turned Southern Lebanon into a terror base supported by 12,000 Iranian missiles threatening every initiative for Peace in general and the security of Israel in particular.

Unfortunately, the West should have understood from the beginning that diplomacy does not work with terrorism, neither the Saudi backed initiatives in Lebanon, it enforces terrorism and acts like a booster for Hezbollah justifications on the ground.

The Lebanese are trapped within their own nation.

We urge you not to hit Lebanese infrastructure, Lebanon is a friendly country, rather hit and destroy Hezbollah’s infrastructure in the country.

The IAF raids on suspected Hezbollah strongholds will have a limited effect on this terror organization; an infantry offensive is needed to clean up Southern Lebanon from the threatening missiles and launching bases , destroy Hezbollah infrastructure and consolidate security.

On behalf of thousands of Lebanese, we ask you to open the doors of Tel Aviv Ben Gurion airport to thousands of volunteers in the Diaspora willing to bear arms and liberate their homeland from fundamentalism. We ask you for support, facilitations and logistics in order to win this struggle and achieve together the same objectives: Peace and Security for Lebanon and Israel and our future generations to come.

As of the fighting continue in the north of Israel in order to create security, at the Lebanon Israel border, we ask the world’s nations to endorse your political action and wish you full success in your deterrence against terrorism’s autonomy in Southern Lebanon and Gaza.

Mr. Prime Minister,

Help Lebanon in order to help yourself.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2006, 03:17 PM

Quoted from a BBC News (online) article about this issue. It is what I have been saying all along. The Lebanese ambassador needs to stop acting like this was an un-provoked attack on Lebanon by Israel. This attack was due directly to the fact that Lebanon refuses to demand from Hezbollah a surrender, demand a cessation of violence directed at Israel. Lebanon must step up and assert authority over their country if they expect to have their UN mabassador taken seriously.

In an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council, Lebanon called for an end to the Israeli operation.

"The Security Council meets today in the shadow of a widespread, barbaric aggression waged by Israel to this very moment against my nation, Lebanon," said Nouhad Mahmoud, ambassador to the UN.

The offensive was destroying infrastructure and causing the death of innocent civilians in full view of the international community, he said.

Israeli Ambassador Dan Gillerman said Israel had no choice but to react to Hezbollah's aggression, describing the group as "merely the finger on the bloodstained and long-reaching arms of Syria and Iran".

The Lebanese people were bearing the cost of their government's inability to disarm Hezbollah, he said.

US Ambassador John Bolton called on the Lebanese government to disarm Hezbollah.

"All militias in Lebanon, including Hezbollah, must disarm and disband immediately, and the Lebanese government must extend and exercise its sole and exclusive control over all Lebanese territory," he said.
Even if the Lebanese government were to come out and publicly denounce Hezbollah for their actions it would be a start. But, they have done no such thing. All the leaders in Lebanon need to make public assertions unequivocally denouncing the actions of Hezbollah and calling on all citizens to coem together to denounce Hezbollah as well.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jul 14, 2006, 03:46 PM

Quoted from a BBC News (online) article about this issue. It is what I have been saying all along. The Lebanese ambassador needs to stop acting like this was an un-provoked attack on Lebanon by Israel. This attack was due directly to the fact that Lebanon refuses to demand from Hezbollah a surrender, demand a cessation of violence directed at Israel. Lebanon must step up and assert authority over their country if they expect to have their UN mabassador taken seriously.
It was an unprovoked attack. The country of Lebanon is 6 months old. You can't expect them to kick Hezbollah out of the country after only six months after Syria put them there during Syrian rule. Syria has already said Israel has the right to deal with Hezbollah. This does not change that Israel is significantly damaging the infrastructure of a country that was just getting back on it's feet from Syrian control and is greatly harming the anti-Hezbollah Lebanese government.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2006, 03:54 PM

Cry me a river goMac. Israel is 'damaging the infrastructure' in Lebanon in order to finally destroy Hezbollah. They are doing what the Lebanese will never be able to do on their own. Israel is the only country powerful enough in the region to expel the terrorists and it's about time that they did. I bet that that most Lebanese people will breath a sigh of relief with the terrorist militia is finally out of their country.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jul 14, 2006, 05:02 PM

Cry me a river goMac. Israel is 'damaging the infrastructure' in Lebanon in order to finally destroy Hezbollah. They are doing what the Lebanese will never be able to do on their own. Israel is the only country powerful enough in the region to expel the terrorists and it's about time that they did. I bet that that most Lebanese people will breath a sigh of relief with the terrorist militia is finally out of their country.
Destroy Hezbollah? They're being back up by Iran. Not Lebanon. Israel doesn't know what they're doing. Maybe they should spend their time harming those who are guilty of supporting Hezollah. I don't think Israel will be happy until the entire middle east is under their boot.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2006, 05:31 PM

Hezbollah is backed by Iran and that is precisely why Lebanon is powerless against them. Read vmark's post above and you'll see that the sentiment going around Lebanon is "thank God Israel is getting this terrorist scum out of our country".

I don't think Israel will be happy until the entire middle east is under their boot.
Israel will be happy when her neighbors quit trying to destroy her by blowing up buses, kidnapping soldiers and civilians, and firing rockets targetted at civilian populations.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2006, 05:41 PM

too bad the us is bogged down in iWaq.

Forum Links
Forum Rules