Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 17" PowerBook: MacWarehouse orders

17" PowerBook: MacWarehouse orders
Dougmc
Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2003, 12:01 PM

My rep at MacWarehouse has told me that they won't be getting their supply of 17" PowerBooks until March 31. He has also stated that they will be turned around the same day and shipped out to fill backorders.

My anxiety is piqued as I read about all the others that are receiving their new machines. Especially those that are walking in and buying from Apple Stores on the spot.

Of course, my rep also stated that everyone (Apple Stores and resellers) will be getting their shipments at the same time; therefore all of the reports of people receiving their machines are just "rumors".

What have any others with pending MacWarehouse orders heard?

I placed my order 2/21/03.

Have a lovely day.
17" PowerBook (delivered 4/2/2003) | www.mcschooler.com

b3b0p
Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2003, 12:08 PM

My MacConnection Rep told me that Apple delayed shipment again and that it is no April 15. I called just about everybody and they all say April 15 or later.

I hope your right that everyone gets them in on the 3/31. That would make my day (or year)

Chris

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2003, 12:46 PM

Macwarehouse are all on crack and are all dumbasses.

"Of course, my rep also stated that everyone (Apple Stores and resellers) will be getting their shipments at the same time; therefore all of the reports of people receiving their machines are just "rumors"."

Come on! who's going to believe that crap? your rep is a lying POS. Doing every possible lie to keep you on order with them. There is enough proof that Apple are already starting to ship them out and some even have theirs already with also proof of pictures to go with it. Just by hearing your rep saying that, I will never do any business with Macwarehouse.

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

Jayman20
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 20, 2003, 01:46 PM

Talked to them Monday March 17th. They gave me a date of March 24th. I placed my order on Jan 28th.

bertoganzon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2003, 03:04 PM

I ordered mine 1/20 and of course there were two delays which MacWarehouse has told me they are pretty sure, but cannot guarantee, that the 17" PowerBooks will coming in the week of 3/24.

Believe me I am not holding my breath for next week, but I am hopeful.

jsiburt
Mar 21, 2003, 05:51 PM

Mac Zone is receiving their shipment (270+)this week. The delay makes sense Apple wanted as many people as possible buying from their retail stores. It gave them a week of selling and possible impulse buys from people buying in the store.

TBoxman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2003, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by jsiburt:
Mac Zone is receiving their shipment (270+)this week. The delay makes sense Apple wanted as many people as possible buying from their retail stores. It gave them a week of selling and possible impulse buys from people buying in the store.
Who did you hear this from? I always order thru Casper at Mac Zones 1-800-248-0800 ext 3052#. He said they weren't going to recieve any intil mid April, and that they haven't received any to date.

Just wondering because I would love it to be true. The sooner the direct Apple customers have had their backorders fulfilled, the sooner the rest of us can recieve our units.

Thanks,
TBoxman

jsiburt
Mar 21, 2003, 10:38 PM

When I talked to them on Monday the guy said they only had 170 on backorder. Not sure of the validity, I am just relaying the info.

Dougmc  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 21, 2003, 10:51 PM

When I placed my order on 2/21, I was 238 on the list. At least, that's what my pathological rep told me.

Dougmc  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 26, 2003, 02:34 PM

I've received a form letter in the mail today from MicroWarehouse stating that my order is currently out of stock and the expected due date is "03/26/03" which is today. This is the second such letter I've gotten from them, the previous date was 3/10/03.

I placed my order 2/21/03.

I've sent my rep an email for the past two days and haven't gotten a reply; however, I sincerely doubt that the letter is accurate.

The most popular date I'm hearing from people that ordered from resellers is 3/31/03.

swsteckly
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 26, 2003, 04:07 PM

I guess I must be typing this on a 'rumor'.

jsiburt
Mar 26, 2003, 08:59 PM

From Powerbook Central:

MacMall has now updated there website saying that the 17" Powerbooks are NOW SHIPPING! However, I won't be receiving mine until Tuesday or Wednesday (4/1-4/2). (By the way, I'm one of the top 5 on there shipping list!)

Dougmc  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 27, 2003, 01:36 PM

My MacWarehouse rep just called me, unsolicited, to tell me that their shipment was being unloaded into the warehouse as we spoke. Although, he noted, that it wasn't their entire shipment as there was a flight delay out of Taiwan. He said the bulk of their outstanding order would arrive to them tomorrw�March 28.

I anticipate having my machine no later than the middle of next week at this point.

I'm not holding up any hopes until I get an actual tracking number. Then I'll start planning the party.

He did say that they had about 500 orders on their list. Take that for what it's worth.

morlium
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 27, 2003, 01:40 PM

Despite my own frustrations, I wish you godspeed with your delivery.
Michael Simon, Executive Editor
Collar and Carapace Press

Forum Links
Forum Rules