Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Siemens S56 as a wireless connection

Siemens S56 as a wireless connection
Dougmc
Forum Regular
Aug 13, 2003, 10:11 PM

I'm asking a naive question, I'm sure. But, I'm not finding anywhere what proceedure I need to follow in order to utilize my Siemens S56 Bluetooth-enabled phone as a wireless modem to connect to the internet with my 17" PowerBook when out and about.

Can anyone recommend an informative website, or simply give me the low-down on what I need to do?

Thanks in advance!

p.s. - I love this phone. Especially how easily it connects with iSync!
17" PowerBook (delivered 4/2/2003) | www.mcschooler.com

LeeG
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 14, 2003, 08:48 AM

Sorry I have to chime in everytime someone brings it up - but I LOVE THIS PHONE!!

Lee
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

ParTi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 14, 2003, 11:29 AM

Congrats on a great phone!

You need to setup the phone in Internet Connect. To do that you need to setup a Network Preference for the Bluetooth Modem. For that you need a modem configuration file. For that.... go to http://www.taniwha.org.uk/ and scroll down to the Siemens section. Download the scripts. They go into /Library/Modem Scripts of all places.

I'm using the Siemens GPRS CID1 script myself. Others might be better but this was the first one I choose and it worked. I looked on my phone to see how much I downloaded and figured out that it was too expensive to be playing around with, not having a data package from AT&T.

Good Luck!

Forum Links
Forum Rules