Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Fs: 15" Mbp 1.83

Fs: 15" Mbp 1.83
x user
Mac Elite
Mar 27, 2007, 02:37 AM

I've decided to sell my MacBook Pro.
It is one of the originals, I purchased Reconditioned from Apple. Under warrenty until April 22nd, so you can purchase Applecare if you wish. Specs

15" Matte Screen
1.83 Core Duo
1gb RAM
80 GB HD
Superdrive

The machine has some dents in the sides where it sat in the (poorly designed) iPack Case. These do NOT affect the warrenty, as it's been in to Apple twice since they were there, pictures here:

Library

The screen has no dead pixels, but there is a little shadow spot about the size of a pixel on the left size, I don't notice unless its against something white. I could take it back in for warrenty, but I didn't want to unless this ad doesn't provide enough interest. Not a big deal, but want to disclose everything.

In the last few months the following has been replaced under warranty:

Display Hinges
Upper case (mouse button went bad)
Superdrive and Cable (Apple screwed them up on the previous warrenty work)
Battery
Power Adaptor
Reed Switch for sleep

It's been running great since the last warranty work. I just need the money, so I'm downgrading to a MacBook. Asking $1300 +Shipping, price is OBO, or might take trades for MacBook with Superdrive +cash.

Forum Links
Forum Rules