Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen
ajprice
Professional Poster
Feb 1, 2009, 05:05 PM

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q7l5WmLUE2Y

There's a trailer on YouTube here (the Superbowl ad?)

As first trailers go, there is a bit of info in here (more than the TF1 Mars rover trailer!). One of the bots is an R8, one of the bots is f*&%ing huge (Devastator?) and fighting Optimus Prime. And theres a big 4 legged animal bot (Dinobot? Beast Wars? Ravage?).

Anyway, it looks like Transformers 1 but bigger and more, which I suppose should be expected for a Michael Bay sequel to a Michael Bay movie !!

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Feb 1, 2009, 05:06 PM

Looks crazy retarded awesome so far. I loved the first one and I hope this one is even better.

I saw a drawing of soundwave though it he looks terrible, he's a friggin satellite now!

Andrew Stephens
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2009, 06:06 PM

too much is never enough eh!

TF1 was way over expectations. Looking forward to this one too.

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Feb 1, 2009, 06:25 PM

Was I the only one disappointed by TF1?

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2009, 06:57 PM

gradient
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ghoser777 View Post
Nope. As a kid who loved Transformers back in the '80s, I thought the movie was terrible and didn't have any of the original appeal at all.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Feb 1, 2009, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by gradient View Post
Nope. As a kid who loved Transformers back in the '80s, I thought the movie was terrible and didn't have any of the original appeal at all.
Total opposite for me.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2009, 08:30 PM

No. That movie was straight-up retarded and the story was absolute nonsense to the point where I'd much rather it just started with Megatron knocking on Optimus Prime's door and they'd proceed to fight for two hours.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 1, 2009, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by gradient View Post
I didn't mind the movie, but I definitely prefer the original from '86, which is awesome.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2009, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
The best part about this trailer are the awesome YouTube comments... Pretty funny, in a non-intentional sort of way.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2009, 11:31 PM

Trailer looks good. Should be a fun mindless film!
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Feb 1, 2009, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
Looks crazy retarded awesome so far. I loved the first one and I hope this one is even better.

I saw a drawing of soundwave though it he looks terrible, he's a friggin satellite now!
No interest in the first one, and I have no interest in a lame sequel to a pathetic movie.

My brother watched it and filled me in on how much waste of space in the material world the Transformers movie is.

Quite a bit of waste as it happens.
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Feb 1, 2009, 11:55 PM

Its going to suck just like the first one did.

In related trailer news this still has a shred of hope: http://www.gijoemovie.com/

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2009, 12:14 AM

You can see the real version at the site now:

http://www.transformersmovie.com/
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2009, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
My brother watched it and filled me in on how much waste of space in the material world the Transformers movie is.
I retract the enjoyment I experienced from this movie on behalf of this new info.

Andrew Stephens
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2009, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
No. That movie was straight-up retarded and the story was absolute nonsense to the point where I'd much rather it just started with Megatron knocking on Optimus Prime's door and they'd proceed to fight for two hours.
Dude it was a movie about giant transforming robots kicking the crap out of each other. If you wanted a non retarded, non nonsense movie experience you were in the wrong theatre.
You can make a great stupid movie and IMHO TF1 was.

ajprice  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2009, 08:07 AM

Yes, it was a 'Leave your brain at the door and watch the pretty fights and bangs (and Megan Fox)' movie, TF2 will be more of that . If you're criticising a movie like this for story and plot, you're definitely in the wrong theatre!

jokell82
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2009, 08:46 AM

Am I the only one that doesn't want to have to become a moron for 2 hours while I watch a movie just to enjoy it? The first one sucked. I have no hope for this one.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Feb 2, 2009, 09:33 AM

I retract the enjoyment I experienced from this movie on behalf of this new info.

One day you will realized Michael Bay doesn't make very good movies grashopper.

Andrew Stephens
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2009, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't want to have to become a moron for 2 hours while I watch a movie just to enjoy it? The first one sucked. I have no hope for this one.
You don't have to become a moron. There are many many films that actively require you to engage your brain in order to fully enjoy them. TF1 is not one of those movies. I can't imagine anyone going into a theatre exxpecting it to be like that. The TF2 trailer certainly has "disengage brain" written ALL over it.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2009, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew Stephens View Post
You don't have to become a moron. There are many many films that actively require you to engage your brain in order to fully enjoy them. TF1 is not one of those movies. I can't imagine anyone going into a theatre exxpecting it to be like that. The TF2 trailer certainly has "disengage brain" written ALL over it.
"Disengaging brain" = becoming a moron.

When there are parts of a movie that make absolutely no sense at all it takes you out of the experience it is trying to create. And yes, I understand the movie is about giant fighting robots, but that doesn't mean simple logic needs to be thrown out the window...

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2009, 10:29 AM

One day you will realized Michael Bay doesn't make very good movies grashopper.
According to your bother of course. He also teach you how to spell grasshopper?

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2009, 11:21 AM

Nope, I too was disappointed by the movie. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, just not as good as I thought it was going to be.
~Mike

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Feb 2, 2009, 11:32 AM

According to your bother of course. He also teach you how to spell grasshopper?
According to my experience watching Michael Bay movies. How many languages do you speak anyway Skywalker? Just the one?

Perhaps you'd like to teach the class something?

Salty
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2009, 11:44 AM

I hated the first movie, and I'll probably hate the second. At times it was American Pie with fighting robots. The point of Transformers was supposed to be about stealing energon, not about some cube thing that's more of a rip off of Lord of the Rings. Actually that's what it was, Lord of the Rings crossed with American Pie, with giant fighting robots. The movie's not hard to like if you're not aware of what it should have been.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Feb 2, 2009, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Salty View Post
I hated the first movie, and I'll probably hate the second. At times it was American Pie with fighting robots. The point of Transformers was supposed to be about stealing energon, not about some cube thing that's more of a rip off of Lord of the Rings. Actually that's what it was, Lord of the Rings crossed with American Pie, with giant fighting robots. The movie's not hard to like if you're not aware of what it should have been.
I don't get it...did I miss the part where Optimus Prime shoved his giant metal member into an apple pie?

ajprice  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2009, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
I don't get it...did I miss the part where Optimus Prime shoved his giant metal member into an apple pie?
DVD extra

Railroader
Banned
Feb 2, 2009, 07:36 PM

This is the best post you have made. Evar!!1!!!1ELVEVENTYBILLION

Railroader
Banned
Feb 2, 2009, 07:43 PM

http://neaat.wordpress.com/2009/01/1...old-the-truth/

I liked it though. I enjoy vegetating, escaping reality, and just watching a movie now and then. It was not a work based on a complex literary masterpiece and anyone expecting as such is a complete moron. It was huge robots fighting amongst humans. Perhaps if there was more character development and we could sympathize with the antagonist and the protagonist's struggles...

ehh, it was loud and fun!!! Woo Hoo!!!

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2009, 07:44 PM

According to my experience watching Michael Bay movies. How many languages do you speak anyway Skywalker? Just the one?

Perhaps you'd like to teach the class something?
I speak 2 languages. I also know how to use a computer when it underlines a word in squiggly red lines.

But to answer your question... all Michael bay movies suck big time EXCEPT Transformers.

Rumor
Feb 2, 2009, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Um, how exactly was it like American Pie?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2009, 09:15 PM

By the end I was just desperately wishing for the pain to stop. It did, eventually. I was happy, and regretted my decision to give Michael Bay one more chance and promised never to do so again.

That is all.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
By the end I was just desperately wishing for the pain to stop. It did, eventually. I was happy, and regretted my decision to give Michael Bay one more chance and promised never to do so again.

That is all.

greg
You'd think after Pearl Harbor most people would know better. But I gave him another chance too. Stupid decision.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2009, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
Salty was watching a different movie:

http://stuff.ubersite.com/1138368145...rmer-dance.wmv (it appears you have to refresh the page for it to load)
( Last edited by SpaceMonkey; Feb 3, 2009 at 01:00 AM. )

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2009, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
I would've liked it a lot more if it were more like American Pie.

Rumor
Feb 3, 2009, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
Salty was watching a different movie:

http://stuff.ubersite.com/1138368145...rmer-dance.wmv (it appears you have to refresh the page for it to load)
Error 403, forbidden.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2009, 02:23 AM

heh, good one spacemonkey

Andrew Stephens
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2009, 05:33 AM

tbh, and I'm going out on a limb here, anyone who thinks the original tv show is anything other than cheaply made children's animation to feed the giant TV monster at minimal expense needs a smack.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2009, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew Stephens View Post
tbh, and I'm going out on a limb here, anyone who thinks the original tv show is anything other than cheaply made children's animation to feed the giant TV monster at minimal expense needs a smack.
You can try to smack me, but I can't guarantee your safety. The purpose of the cheaply made original TV show was to sell the toys. That was also the purpose of the original movie, but it still ended up being really good. It may have bombed at the box office, but it had action, emotion, death, and a great cast (it's the last movie Orson Welles ever did).

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2009, 07:23 AM

Nope. I thought it sucked donkey balls. The only socially redeemable thing about it was that hot chick bending over the ugly Camaro...

Other than that, it was geared towards the 15 year old 20 second attention span crowd. I thought whoever wrote the script did it in crayon the day before the filming started.

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2009, 09:47 AM

Transformers was something I never got in to that much as a kid. When I saw the movie, it seemed like what the cartoons would pretty much have been about, and I liked it.

Booms, babes, and Bay.
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2009, 10:49 AM

I speak 2 languages. I also know how to use a computer when it underlines a word in squiggly red lines.

But to answer your question... all Michael bay movies suck big time EXCEPT Transformers.
I don't use a spell checker for English, can't be bothered to change every time I switch between languages -- and I only write English when I post replies to you and others on interweb forums.

As for the issue at hand, here's a snippet from a person who endured through that tripe:

By the time it ended, I thought I might have vertigo or whiplash, or both, and I certainly lost more than a few of my remaining I.Q. points. The target audience for this trash craves the first two, but nobody can afford to endanger what’s left of an already compromised I.Q.

-- so no, it's suck just LIKE every Michael Bay movie. Of course it does, he can't make a good movie nor is he the least bit interested. You might as well argue that George Lucas writes good dialogue.

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2009, 10:55 AM

I think some people just need to accept a movie for what it is.

Go watch IFC if you want the good plot points and your independent directors.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mac User #001 View Post
I think some people just need to accept a movie for what it is.

Go watch IFC if you want the good plot points and your independent directors.
I'm not asking for "good" plot points, I'm just asking for plot points that at least make *some* kind of sense.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Feb 3, 2009, 12:02 PM

I don't even care about the plot. Just give me NOT terrible acting and I'll be happy.

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2009, 12:51 PM

Actually, I can agree on that one Laminar. Terrible acting is... terrible...

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 3, 2009, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
I'm not asking for "good" plot points, I'm just asking for plot points that at least make *some* kind of sense.
Yeah, like I said, no plot at all would be preferable. Unfortunately, they did put in a plot and it was stupid and distracting and took up time that could have been filled with either more robots fighting or more shots of Megan Fox in an undersized tanktop.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Salty
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2009, 02:43 PM

When the mom or dad or someone asks the kid if he's been jerking off. I was like... wtf why is this in a transformer's movie!

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2009, 02:51 PM

^ to add realism to the movie. I'm sure that has happened many times before somewhere in some kind of household.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
^ to add realism to the movie. I'm sure that has happened many times before somewhere in some kind of household.
Add realism? More like try for a cheap laugh from the teenage male demographic the movie was obviously geared for.

Forum Links
Forum Rules