Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Six hours since she left. What to do if I want us together?

Six hours since she left. What to do if I want us together? (Page 2)
Buffy Summers
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 1, 2009, 09:53 AM

I'm saying that a mental illness can be a deciding factor in making or breaking a relationship.
"I, Oreo, take you, Cookie, for my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until milk do us part."

despite your stupid ex; that whore is NOT worth feeling shitty about
Women are ****ing bitches that don't make any sense
Are you always like that?, did you ever notice that life is a long lesson in humility.?

Paco500
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2009, 10:13 AM

My feeling is that you should get a neutral third party involved- couples counseling so to speak. Not either of your current therapists- someone completely neutral if possible.

If it concerns her, make it clear that even if you don't get back together, you are very entangled in each other's lives, and you will not be able to effectively untangle this in isolation.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Dec 1, 2009, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Buffy Summers View Post
humility.?
hahahahahahahaha

downinflames68
Baninated
Dec 1, 2009, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Buffy Summers View Post
"I, Oreo, take you, Cookie, for my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until milk do us part."
Bullllllllllllllllllllllshit. People just up and change their minds. Never rely on anybody to stick to their word. Ever.

OreoCookie
Dec 1, 2009, 03:21 PM

Cookies? I just made cookies yesterday for my girl.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Dec 1, 2009, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by downinflames68 View Post
Bullllllllllllllllllllllshit. People just up and change their minds. Never rely on anybody to stick to their word. Ever.
You're becoming a parody of yourself.

downinflames68
Baninated
Dec 1, 2009, 03:30 PM

Says the guy who hopelessly trolls after anything I post. I think you're in love with me.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 1, 2009, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
Cookies? I just made cookies yesterday for my girl.
What colour was the skirt you were wearing while you did that?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Dec 1, 2009, 06:53 PM

Says the guy who hopelessly trolls after anything I post. I think you're in love with me.
I'd be denying my true feelings if I didn't respond to this post in some way, shape, or form.

Chooglin'
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 1, 2009, 10:44 PM

There's only one thing to do: rock out with your gerbil out.
( Last edited by Chuckit; Dec 1, 2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Sanitized)

OreoCookie
Dec 2, 2009, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
What colour was the skirt you were wearing while you did that?
Gee, you don't know anything about cooking, do you? I wore an apron, not a skirt
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2009, 11:44 AM

You're so ****ing emo, Rob.

That girl you're dating? She's not going to stick around long if you don't stop being such a self-pitying little twit. So you and your wife grew apart. It happens. It doesn't mean it'll happen with everyone woman you meet, so stop projecting your failed relationship onto everyone around you and get the **** over yourself.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

downinflames68
Baninated
Dec 2, 2009, 04:51 PM

No **** she's not going to stick around forever. I'm moving next summer. Nothing is permanent. Everything is transient. The only constant is change.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 2, 2009, 04:54 PM

You're sort of NOT helping this thread out in any form.

downinflames68
Baninated
Dec 2, 2009, 05:14 PM

Yes I am. I'm giving my opinion, which is to pack it up pack it in, let him begin. Moveon.org

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 2, 2009, 06:08 PM

Just assume that your point has been made, and step aside to let others share *theirs*, as their experience may or may not be as or more applicable than yours.

You two ****ed up; not everybody necessarily does.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 2, 2009, 06:13 PM

I have a feeling dif68 is treating the divorce as some kind of epiphany.

andi*pandi
Dec 2, 2009, 07:20 PM

If you believe you are doomed to failure you are a self-fulfilling prophecy.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 2, 2009, 07:22 PM

that whore is NOT worth feeling shitty about.
Let me be quite clear here Robert. The fact that your break-up left you feeling butt-hurt does not entitle you to call the man's wife a whore. Do NOT do it again.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2009, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I have a feeling dif68 is treating the divorce as some kind of epiphany.
Please.
I called that before it even started.

Anyway, OP you should look at Tiger as an example of why not to marry so early in life. Take this break as a chance to sleep around. Even if this girl goes back on her meds and comes home she can't be mad you tested other waters in the interim.
I just keep thinking to what is going to inevitably going to happen if you have kids. She is going to wig out on you and your children one day and make a mess of their lives. I bet anything that this girl's mom is also whacked out to some degree and self medicating.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

wolfen
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2009, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
I just keep thinking to what is going to inevitably going to happen if you have kids. She is going to wig out on you and your children one day and make a mess of their lives. I bet anything that this girl's mom is also whacked out to some degree and self medicating.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 3, 2009, 01:02 AM

Please.

Anyway, OP you should look at Tiger as an example of why not to marry so early in life. Take this break as a chance to sleep around. Even if this girl goes back on her meds and comes home she can't be mad you tested other waters in the interim.
This doesn't make any sense. If he's in love with this woman and wants to spend his life with her, why should he be going out having casual sexual flings while also trying to help his wife get her life together? I get that if he's over her, it's time to move on and start getting back out in the playing field. That, however, doesn't seem to be the case with the OP.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

downinflames68
Baninated
Dec 3, 2009, 01:46 AM

Please.

Except she probably tested a LOT of other waters in the interim. Girls can get laid at the flip of a switch. Guys getting laid takes effort and time, or luck.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 3, 2009, 05:39 AM

Because your realm of experience is obviously universal.

Get the message, please, and take your vitriol to therapy or creative sublimation.

freudling
Banned
Dec 3, 2009, 05:57 AM

ThinkInsane:

Why do you, and some other moderators, HAVE to use caps for emphasis? It's condescending. And what you posted here should have been sent as a PM. I guess what I am posting here should have been PM'd to you to. But I want to make this public.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 3, 2009, 06:08 AM

I'm sure they don't HAVE to use caps for emphasis, but most of us are able to interpret them as strongly emphasized without feeling insulted.

Making that post in public makes it clear to OTHERS that the transgression(s) are being noticed and watched.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Dec 3, 2009, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
Because your realm of experience is obviously universal.
QFT, +1, etc.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 3, 2009, 10:19 AM

Please.
Well then, have this "atta-boy!"

hadocon
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2009, 02:29 PM

But seriously, I feel bad for OP. It's never a nice feeling to have your whole world go belly-up.

The only advice I can proffer is to take a step back and look at the whole situation. I mean, take a big step back. Maybe it's time to reflect on what marriage means to you and why.

This wikipedia link on marriage is very apropos to this situation. Read it and see how the idea of marriage throughout time has varied widely.

Marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The perspective that I am trying to relate to you is that marriage is a construct of society, and as a result is completely synthetic and in a constant flux. What you are trying to save (by putting so much emotion, effort and brain-time) is perhaps nothing more than a (largely bastardized) human construct that these days is so uninteresting to people that about 50% of marriages fail.

Think about what you could accomplish if you were not spending your time, energy and emotions on this marriage? Heck, you have both even invested heavily on psychological reprogramming (therapy, drugs) in order to force yourselves into this unnatural and BS societal mode.

What happens if you spend all this time and effort and anguish trying to get back with her - waste months of your life and she still buggers off? You are going to resent her and your love will turn into regret, disdain, and then hate.

My advice is to just bite the bullet and go your own way. You can't make her come back to you. If she comes back, and you are willing to take her then that's great (I guess... Imagine the "hand" you would have in that relationship!) - but in the meantime you gotta live your life, because you only have one. I'm not saying to go out and bang ho's, but you should do things for you.

Dude, even if you are married, we all are alone, sovereign islands in a sea of people. No matter what we do, no mater if we are married or have a dozen kids, we all die alone.

Boom!
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Dec 28, 2009, 02:35 PM

Except she probably tested a LOT of other waters in the interim. Girls can get laid at the flip of a switch. Guys getting laid takes effort and time, or luck.
If by 'effort and time' you mean 'talking to a drunk chick at a bar', then yes. Admittedly I've been off the field, as it were, for several years now, but I don't recall it being particularly difficult even while maintaining relatively high standards.

downinflames68
Baninated
Dec 28, 2009, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by nonhuman View Post
If by 'effort and time' you mean 'talking to a drunk chick at a bar', then yes. Admittedly I've been off the field, as it were, for several years now, but I don't recall it being particularly difficult even while maintaining relatively high standards.
Then you are either blessed with striking physical features, or you have mastered the methods. Girls, however, need neither. As long as they aren't totally terrible looking, they can get laid almost whenever they want.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Dec 28, 2009, 02:41 PM

Then you are either blessed with striking physical features, or you have mastered the methods. Girls, however, need neither. As long as they aren't totally terrible looking, they can get laid almost whenever they want.
Honestly, I think it has more to do with demeanor than anything else. Since you clearly think you're at a disadvantage when you approach a woman you will be. Most people won't even think to question the ideas/statements of someone who presents them with confidence, that includes women and includes the idea 'I'm going home with you tonight'. This is why many guys think that it's assholes who get girls; it's not, it's confident guys, assholes just also happen to be confident.

downinflames68
Baninated
Dec 28, 2009, 03:53 PM

Disagree. The only types of girls that go home with a guy from a bar are shallow in the first place, and only interested in looks.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Dec 28, 2009, 03:54 PM

Disagree. The only types of girls that go home with a guy from a bar are shallow in the first place, and only interested in looks.
Ah hahaha. Your use of absolutes is hilarious.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Dec 28, 2009, 03:56 PM

Even if that's true, if your goal is simply to get laid, so what? Of course a meaningful relationship is going to take work, but you were saying that girls can get laid 'at the flip of a switch'. I'm saying 'so can guys'. And your response is 'only with shallow women'?

downinflames68
Baninated
Dec 28, 2009, 04:09 PM

I guess so. I've never seen a respectable girl go home with a guy from a bar before.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Dec 28, 2009, 04:11 PM

I guess so. I've never seen a respectable girl go home with a guy from a bar before.
And this post is even more hilarious than the last.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Dec 28, 2009, 04:15 PM

Seeing as most people would define 'respectable girl' as 'doesn't go home with a guy from a bar', that's not too surprising.

Personally, I don't think that's necessarily the case. (Though even still I'd say there's probably a very high correlation.)

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 28, 2009, 04:26 PM

She's just as respectable as the dude she's going home with.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 28, 2009, 04:41 PM

Also, I disagree with the idea that you have to have an amazing body to hook up with a chick. A good body is helpful, but not crucial. Confidence is more useful.
Chuck
___

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 28, 2009, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
She's just as respectable as the dude she's going home with.
Perhaps in an ideal world, however in reality women receive a stigma for being promiscuous that men do not.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 28, 2009, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Perhaps in an ideal world, however in reality women receive a stigma for being promiscuous that men do not.
That's true in some circles, but it's irrelevant to the point I'm making. If you're both looking for a reasonably attractive person to have a good time with, neither of you has any right to judge the other for that. The fact that other people are stupid doesn't excuse us civilized folk from using our brains.
Chuck
___

Phileas
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2009, 05:04 PM

Nonsense.

In other news, Chuckit speaks sense.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
That's true in some circles, but it's irrelevant to the point I'm making. If you're both looking for a reasonably attractive person to have a good time with, neither of you has any right to judge the other for that. The fact that other people are stupid doesn't excuse us civilized folk from using our brains.

...and our wee wees.

Forum Links
Forum Rules