Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Garageband randomly deleting recordings

Garageband randomly deleting recordings
mac freak
Mac Elite
Dec 17, 2005, 12:07 AM

Hey all!
I've been using Garageband pretty heavily basically since it came out, and this problem didn't pop up until last week (which was also the first time in a few months I'd started using the program heavily again). Basically, every once in a while, I'll open up one of my projects, and GarageBand will inform me that "Recording4.aif (or whatever) cannot be found!" And I'm like "********!" But lo and behold, the recording is not there. This is not cool.

What do I do? This has happened to three separate songs now. Only seems to affect live recordings (guitars), not software instruments.

Thanks...!!
Be happy.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Dec 17, 2005, 04:11 AM

Right-click (Control-click) on the GarageBand song file (which is actually a folder that contains all the audio and song info) in the Finder and choose "Show Package Contents..."

If the audio file is still in there, you can just drag it back into GB, to where you want it.

No idea why it's doing this, though.

amazing
Professional Poster
Dec 17, 2005, 11:32 AM

Just a suggestion, how full is the HD?

mac freak  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 17, 2005, 12:27 PM

Analogika - Yeah, that was my first thought, that it was just renaming the recordings somehow. However, I checked...they're actually being deleted.

I've got about 30 GB left (of 160).
Be happy.

Forum Links
Forum Rules