Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Dl2 - Eta?

Dl2 - Eta?
Feynman
Forum Regular
Oct 25, 2007, 03:58 PM

As of some time ago, you guys stated that DL2 will ship on the day Leopard arrives but then just read in the DL2 Preview thread it won't!

What's the new ETA?

Also, could you tell us how upgrading will work since when we download the new version, it will be without a serial number and think it's the demo...don't want to lose all my entries!

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 25, 2007, 07:31 PM

Well, I hope I am not violating NDA in saying this, since I'm not a journalist...

Leopard had a lot of bugs, right up until the end. We spent a lot of time working around things, redoing things, undoing things... the OS was sufficiently unfinished as to keep us from finishing and we still don't have the final build. Only then will we know what was fixed and what we will just have to live with.

At that time, we can put on the final touches, build workarounds, that sort of thing. Then we'll enter the QA process, which is to say, the beta test. This release is huge, both in terms of features, and in terms of new, untested (Leopard) architecture. I honestly have NO idea how the beta will go. That is what will determine the final release date.

Don't worry about the upgrade erasing your data because it's not registered. We don't do that now, and we certainly aren't going to start. Worse come to worst, you just wouldn't be able to add anything new until you registered (or downgraded).

(That, said, back up your data because damn.)
( Last edited by Delicious Monster; Oct 25, 2007 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Typo)

Feynman  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 26, 2007, 11:44 AM

So when and where will we see these screen shots and hear of these features?

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 26, 2007, 11:49 AM

That's up to Wil, but given recent coverage on Ars and Theocacao, I'd say the hype engine is just starting to turn.

illitrate
Oct 26, 2007, 05:54 PM

well if you need any extra beta testers, if it'll help speed the process up and get DL2 to release quicker, i have just installed Leopard and so am ready to test

well, it was worth trying, even if the chances of it work were non-existant

Feynman  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 26, 2007, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Delicious Monster View Post
That's up to Wil, but given recent coverage on Ars and Theocacao, I'd say the hype engine is just starting to turn.
I say you let AppleInsider do an in-depth look with screen shots and all!

Forum Links
Forum Rules