Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > OS X 10.5 Leopard DVD?

OS X 10.5 Leopard DVD?
Angelcuco
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 17, 2012, 08:59 PM

Does anyone know where I can find and purchase "OS X 10.5 Leopard" DVD for a reasonable price?

P
Mar 18, 2012, 07:43 AM

Easiest is to keep an eye out for the Mac Box Set with Leopard on e.g. Amazon. It will cost what it cost new (~$150) but it's a way to get it.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

euphras
Mac Elite
Mar 19, 2012, 06:29 PM

Get it in the bay, Leopard usually goes away for about 60 - 90 € (80 -120 $).

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 20, 2012, 09:25 AM

If you have an iPhone 3G or 3GS or a first gen iPod Touch, you can get a copy for free. Apple released iOS 4 and changed the minimum system requirements to Leopard or later, which meant that Tiger users had to upgrade in order to keep using their devices.

I know that this program was still going on a year ago; my guess is that it's still an option. Go to your local Apple Store and ask the geniuses.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules