Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Are You Better Off Today Than You Were Four Years Ago?

View Poll Results: Are You Better Off Today Than You Were Four Years Ago?
Poll Options:
Yes 16 votes (66.67%)
No 8 votes (33.33%)
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll
Are You Better Off Today Than You Were Four Years Ago?
kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2012, 02:29 PM

Yes

No

If I was better off today than in 2008 I might understand voting for Obama. But, I'm not better off today.

Therefore, I'm voting for Mitt Romney.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2012, 02:41 PM

What metric do you want us to use?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2012, 02:52 PM

Well, I'm making four times as much money (which still isn't much, but isn't shabby for someone my age). But none of this has to do with whoever is in the Oval Office in any measure.

andi*pandi
Aug 30, 2012, 02:54 PM

Merit raises and bonuses were reinstated this year, I have good healthcare... I think my taxes went down but I'd have to doublecheck.

So yeah, doing ok here.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2012, 03:13 PM

Pretty sure I'm spied on more than I was four years ago.

andi*pandi
Aug 30, 2012, 03:32 PM

You should really close your blinds or stop dancing to disco in your living room then.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2012, 03:35 PM

I do and have.

Sad, isn't it?

Dork.
Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2012, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I do and have.
Sad, isn't it?
No, you haven't. I can see you right now.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by kimosABE View Post
Yes
No
If I was better off today than in 2008 I might understand voting for Obama. But, I'm not better off today.
How, specifically, are you worse off than you were 4 years ago and how, specifically, is your being worse off the fault of Obama?

DOW was at 8279 when Obama was sworn in. It's now at 13,101. If you own stocks, you're better off now than in 2008.

Unemployment rate in US not significantly different now than it was when Obama took office.

In 2008, the world and US economies were tanking - not Obama's fault. The subprime mortgage crisis was in full swing - not Obama's fault. The private sector was hemorrhaging jobs - not Obama's fault. There were massive foreclosures and losses in home equity - not Obama's fault. Automotive companies were on the verge of bankruptcy - not Obama's fault. Banks and major financial institutions were facing unprecedented losses - not Obama's fault.

Now, four years later, the lending industry has stabilized, the DOW is up to 13,101, car companies (and tens of thousands of jobs) were saved, taxes were cut for the working class, Osama Bin Laden was eliminated, and big banks have been re-regulated. I think Obama had at least something to do with all of these things.

This country was on the BRINK of a 2nd Great Depression thanks to 8 years of the Bush Administration, not Obama.

OVERALL, this country is in a better place now than when Obama took office.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2012, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
How, specifically, are you worse off than you were 4 years ago and how, specifically, is your being worse off the fault of Obama?
DOW was at 8279 when Obama was sworn in. It's now at 13,101. If you own stocks, you're better off now than in 2008.
Unemployment rate in US not significantly different now than it was when Obama took office.
In 2008, the world and US economies were tanking - not Obama's fault. The subprime mortgage crisis was in full swing - not Obama's fault. The private sector was hemorrhaging jobs - not Obama's fault. There were massive foreclosures and losses in home equity - not Obama's fault. Automotive companies were on the verge of bankruptcy - not Obama's fault. Banks and major financial institutions were facing unprecedented losses - not Obama's fault.
Now, four years later, the lending industry has stabilized, the DOW is up to 13,101, car companies (and tens of thousands of jobs) were saved, taxes were cut for the working class, Osama Bin Laden was eliminated, and big banks have been re-regulated. I think Obama had at least something to do with all of these things.
This country was on the BRINK of a 2nd Great Depression thanks to 8 years of the Bush Administration, not Obama.

OAW

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2012, 06:43 PM

My salary has gone up 45K in the last 4 years. I am *most certainly* better off today than I was 4 years ago.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2012, 07:33 PM

To those of you who are doing better than you were four years ago, congratulations. Obama might have those of us who aren't as lucky to resent your success. That's not the America Romney proposes.

But, I ask that you not take your own hard earned good fortune and close your eyes, minds or heart to the malaise being suffered by your country and by your fellow Americans.

And please don't forget about your children and grandchildren.

Leave them an America that is better than the one we have now.

You all have seen or have access to all the speeches from the 2012 RNC Convention.

I'm no longer worried that you all will be able to skate through this election season without having a chance to know the truth.

America is in big trouble and needs to be fixed, now. Mitt Romney is the man who will fix it.

God bless you all.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2012, 08:29 PM

But, I ask that you not take your own hard earned good fortune and close your eyes, minds or heart to the malaise being suffered by your country and by your fellow Americans.
Except, at the top of this thread you said "If I was better off today than in 2008 I might understand voting for Obama."

Of course, you might want to point out that I'm in Canada, and not the US, therefore I don't count. Of course, I'd counter that Canada's economy is heavily influenced by the US economy and has a Conservative government that makes Obama look far Right.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2012, 09:28 PM

To those of you who are doing better than you were four years ago, congratulations. Obama might have those of us who aren't as lucky to resent your success.
Why? What is your basis for saying this? Be concrete please.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2012, 04:52 AM

Still waiting for your reply Abe.

Or, is it your MO to start threads, make unsubstantiated generalizations with no facts to back them up, and then ignore posts that require you to actually think and articulate your response.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Aug 31, 2012, 06:57 AM

I make vastly more money than I did four years ago, and I just bought my third home. So... yes.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2012, 10:39 AM

Transportation costs have gone up, so I don't have the extra 150/month for other spending.

My house is worth less than it did in 2007.

Many stores (Mom n Pops and small chain stores) are closing, so I must drive further to find one.

Taxes going up, and MORE taxes added.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2012, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Transportation costs have gone up, so I don't have the extra 150/month for other spending.
Many stores (Mom n Pops and small chain stores) are closing, so I must drive further to find one.
4 years ago is 2008, not 2007.

Are you comparing to 2007 because you want to ignore the housing, financial, and stock market collapse of 2008?
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2012, 02:10 PM

Everyone's house is worth less then it did in 2007 or 2008. How is the housing market collapse Obama's fault and what, specifically, has Romney proposed that you like that will make your home value increase?

Mom n Pops and small chain stores close ALL THE TIME. They closed under every administration in history. Taxes were CUT for small businesses during Obama's term. How are these Mom n Pops and small chain store closings Obama's fault and what, specifically, has Romney proposed that you like that will prevent Mom n Pops and small chain stores from closing in the future?

Whose taxes are going up? Taxes have been cut under this administration. Do you really believe that Romney cares about the middle class enough to cut their taxes further?

Why does everyone conveniently forget that Obama INHERITED the mess of an economy that Bush left behind? What specifically has Obama done that has made things worse than they were when he took office. Let's not forget that the Republican controlled House has done everything in its power to stonewall almost everything Obama has proposed. If anything, they are as much to blame if you are "worse off" than you were in 2008, if not more so.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 31, 2012, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by nonhuman View Post
I make vastly more money than I did four years ago, and I just bought my third home. So... yes.
Three houses? Jesus.

Federal? Do tell.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2012, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
Except, at the top of this thread you said "If I was better off today than in 2008 I might understand voting for Obama."
Of course, you might want to point out that I'm in Canada, and not the US, therefore I don't count. Of course, I'd counter that Canada's economy is heavily influenced by the US economy and has a Conservative government that makes Obama look far Right.
I am worse off then I was 4 years ago even though I make more money on paper. I guess I should blame Obama for the BC HST which is sucking me dry. Yes all Obama's fault.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2012, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post

Three houses? Jesus.
One's our old condo that we rented out rather than selling when we left Boston. And the newest is a foreclosure in rural Illinois that's costing me less than my current commute from DC to Baltimore.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2012, 05:19 AM

I hear a lot of questions trying to challenge the right on what it is Obama has specifically done that would contribute to a poor economy, but I haven't heard from those critical of the Bush Administration for its failures explain exactly what Obama has done differently than Bush that would somehow change the direction of the country; which most feel is errant.
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2012, 05:21 AM

One's our old condo that we rented out rather than selling when we left Boston. And the newest is a foreclosure in rural Illinois that's costing me less than my current commute from DC to Baltimore.
Vulture capitalist!
ebuddy

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2012, 05:33 AM

Yes! There should be more regulations prohibiting this outrageous free-market speculation on real estate!

Just sold two, now down to one, big money in my pocket....haha
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2012, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
I hear a lot of questions trying to challenge the right on what it is Obama has specifically done that would contribute to a poor economy, but I haven't heard from those critical of the Bush Administration for its failures explain exactly what Obama has done differently than Bush that would somehow change the direction of the country; which most feel is errant.
You are hearing a lot of questions because a lot of accusations are being made without much fact to back them up. With your post here, you're effectively trying to say "These aren't the droids you're looking for".

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2012, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
You are hearing a lot of questions because a lot of accusations are being made without much fact to back them up. With your post here, you're effectively trying to say "These aren't the droids you're looking for".
Exactly. I mean we could go through Bush's failures metric by metric and we'll see a current administration that has done next to nothing to address any of these failures only to watch them show continued decline. It has been four years since the recession and we're not even back to baseline yet, this is a big problem. So, while there are those faring better now than they were 4 years ago (myself included), the economy on the whole is not and we lack a great deal of compassion not to acknowledge this fact.

In other words (fact), I was fortunate to have kept my job and its upward mobility while numerous other good folks were let go. I was lucky and very blessed, but is this the metric of Obama's success? The luck of a few and the peril of many?
ebuddy

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2012, 06:58 AM

Exactly. I mean we could go through Bush's failures metric by metric and we'll see a current administration that has done next to nothing to address any of these failures only to watch them show continued decline. It has been four years since the recession and we're not even back to baseline yet, this is a big problem. So, while there are those faring better now than they were 4 years ago (myself included), the economy on the whole is not and we lack a great deal of compassion not to acknowledge this fact.
So, in other words, we should just let conservatives making accusations of FAILURE!!! without asking for any details backing up those accusations.

In other words (fact), I was fortunate to have kept my job and its upward mobility while numerous other good folks were let go. I was lucky and very blessed, but is this the metric of Obama's success? The luck of a few and the peril of many?
Fair. But, in this case, your issue is with Abe, who proposed this as a metric in his poll here (quoted below), saying that if you are not better off than four years ago that you should vote for Romney (and, by extension, suggesting that those who *are* better off should support Obama)

Yes
No

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2012, 07:17 AM

I think your ideology is clouding your sense of practicality if you think that a president has it in his or her power to bring a recession of this magnitude back to a baseline within 4 years single handedly, especially with little help from congress.

Besides, I don't agree that he has done "next to nothing". I'm sure you disagree with the effects of the stimulus, but it wasn't "nothing", Obamacare and its long term prospects are likewise "nothing" (and I'm still waiting to hear from you as to why this doesn't count as a "jobs bill") given your earlier definition. It is also nice that with the exception of the stimulus (where its circumstances were unusual), we haven't seen an equivalent to the unfunded Bush Medicare D or tax cuts (although you could argue that Obama should try to see if Congress will let him put an end to the Bush tax cuts).

You'll recall that probably the biggest Bush failure that infuriated the left was the whole Iraq war thing. While Obama did invade Libya, it doesn't look like we are going to be nation building there for another decade, which is kind of nice.

Could Obama be doing more? Sure, I just disagree with your characterization of him doing "nothing".

tweetiebird
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2012, 04:13 PM

No I am not and those stupid democrats that say that we are.......... are morons. They have totally lost touch. I have lost just about all security that I had. Rising prices are burying me on a fixed income.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2012, 04:16 PM

Democratic Gov. Martin O’Malley of Maryland, who is considered a possible contender for president in 2016, bucked other Obama surrogates on Sunday, saying that the country was not better off now than it was four years ago.

On CBS's Face the Nation, host Bob Schieffer asked: “Can you honestly say that people are better off today than they were four years ago?”

Responded O’Malley: “No, but that's not the question of this election. The question, without a doubt, we are not as well off as we were before George Bush brought us the Bush job losses, the Bush recession, the Bush deficits, the series of desert wars -- charged for the first time to credit cards, the national credit card.”

Quipped Schieffer: “George Bush is not on the ballots.”

http://mobile.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/o-malley-we-re-not-better-off-now-20120902

All you Obama apologists have to 'splain this for us.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2012, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by tweetiebird View Post
No I am not and those stupid democrats that say that we are.......... are morons. They have totally lost touch. I have lost just about all security that I had. Rising prices are burying me on a fixed income.
Welcome! Great first post!

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2012, 05:53 PM

David Plouffe Dodges Stephanopoulos 'Better Off Four Years Ago' Question Three Times By: P.J. Gladnick | September 02, 2012 | 13:27 Not once. Not twice. But thrice was the number of times that President Obama's senior adviser refused to answer the question as to whether this country is now better off than four years ago. Perhaps Plouffe thought he would get all softball questions from the host of ABC's This Week Week With George Stephanopoulos who normally carries the water for Obama. In any case, as you can see from the transcript and video below the fold, Stephanopoulos gives Plouffe three opportunities to answer the question which he dares not do.
http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2012/09/02/david-plouffe-dodges-stephanopoulos-better-four-years-ago-question-thre

Then, when you've finished explaining the last one, try 'splainin this one.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2012, 07:34 PM

Still waiting for your reply Abe.
Or, is it your MO to start threads, make unsubstantiated generalizations with no facts to back them up, and then ignore posts that require you to actually think and articulate your response.
Still waiting....

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 4, 2012, 09:32 AM

Poll Results: Are You Better Off Today Than You Were Four Years Ago?

69% (9)Yes
30% (4)No
Nothing more entertaining than a good ol' thread backfire.

And please don't forget about your children and grandchildren.
When all else fails, think of the children!

I love it. OP asks you to selfishly consider yourself; When the desired results are not achieved tactics change and we are asked to think of our children. But what if we don't have kids?! What then???

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2012, 09:47 AM

Nothing more entertaining than a good ol' thread backfire.
When all else fails, think of the children!
I love it. OP asks you to selfishly consider yourself; When the desired results are not achieved tactics change and we are asked to think of our children. But what if we don't have kids?! What then???
Don't be a selfish pig. Americans commonly do what is best for their country. That is one of the things that makes this country great.

Are you saying you are too important to put your own petty little concerns aside for the sake of America???

And I'll remind you the above cited Obamabots believed we are worse off than we were four years ago.

That is, before they were read the riot act by their handlers.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 4, 2012, 09:54 AM

Don't be a selfish pig. Americans commonly do what is best for their country. That is one of the things that makes this country great.
Are you saying you are too important to put your own petty little concerns aside for the sake of America???
I'll answer your question after you address jingle's post.

andi*pandi
Sep 4, 2012, 09:58 AM

That sounds like Communism, Abe.

Wait, I just realized... if I'm doing ok, then why should I feel bad for anyone else who isn't? Call me a Republican for saying so, but "I got mine."

Code:
</sarcasm>

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2012, 10:03 AM

I'll answer your question after you address jingle's post.
You say you are going to wait until I answer jingle's post before you respond to my question, eh?

Just curious, how long would you be willing to wait in service to 'der jinglemaster?'

Do you let him eat dinner first before you eat? Or did HE decide on this ahem protocol you so slavishly follow?

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 4, 2012, 10:05 AM

So....you're saying....Americans should put their individual concerns aside for the "good of the nation"?

Think about that for a minute: you've just made an overwhelmingly socialist/communist argument to vote for Romney.

Edit: pandi beats me to it

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2012, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
That sounds like Communism, Abe.
Wait, I just realized... if I'm doing ok, then why should I feel bad for anyone else who isn't? Call me a Republican for saying so, but "I got mine."
Code:
</sarcasm>
Goodness gracious, andi*pandi! No wonder you are a Liberal.

You don't know the difference between Communism and, well, Americanism!

Why, you even have a cartoonish opinion of what a real Republican is.

How can anyone expect you to get with the program when you don't even seem to know which 'end is up?'

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 4, 2012, 10:13 AM

You say you are going to wait until I answer jingle's post before you respond to my question, eh?
Just curious, how long would you be willing to wait in service to 'der jinglemaster?'
Do you let him eat dinner first before you eat? Or did HE decide on this ahem protocol you so slavishly follow?
Hey, I'm just selflessly putting my fellow American's needs before mine. No, actually I just want to see what steaming pile you manufacture. Shameless rubbernecking on my part.

Oh ...and if you can do it without putting a needless (fake) smiley face at the end of the post.

BTW, you jumping from the "think of yourself" to "think of your kids "to the "don't be selfish" to "why are you such a slave to another poster?" is one of the more brilliant feats of cognitive dissonance I've seen in some time.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 4, 2012, 10:15 AM

What makes you think that Romney can 'fix' America?

If Americans commonly do what is best for the country, then choosing Romney over Obama won't make any difference.

What are some of the decisions that you took in the last 5 or 6 years that could have changed your situation in 2012?

What power does the President of the United States have over the decisions that you took over the last 5 or 6 years?

If someone bought a house last year does this mean that they are less-better-off because before buying the house they had no 20 year debt? What difference does an increase in the value of the house make to this debt? What about a decrease in the value of the house?

Does your net salary going up mean you are better off? What if your net salary hasn't changed but you have to work less for it (increased holidays due to seniority for example).

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 4, 2012, 10:17 AM

You owe me no explanation (As neither do I), but I didn't take you for making a shit-ton of money (even if you do work at Discovery) nor the type to bury yourself in debt/mortgages. Hence the surprise.

Vulture capitalist!
Easy on the trigger-finger there, slick.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2012, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
So....you're saying....Americans should put their individual concerns aside for the "good of the nation"?
Think about that for a minute: you've just made an overwhelmingly socialist/communist argument to vote for Romney.
Edit: pandi beats me to it
Hey, poutine eater, what are you doing still sticking your nose in an AMERICAN discussion? You may say you are from North AMERICA, but we just allowed Canada to buy a franchise and use the title. But that doesn't make you a real American.

And on a more serious note, our men and women in uniform put their country's welfare before their own...every single day. Are you calling THEM socialists and commies, too?

Be careful how you answer.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2012, 10:28 AM

Hey, I'm just selflessly putting my fellow American's needs before mine. No, actually I just want to see what steaming pile you manufacture. Shameless rubbernecking on my part.
Oh ...and if you can do it without putting a needless (fake) smiley face at the end of the post.
BTW, you jumping from the "think of yourself" to "think of your kids "to the "don't be selfish" to "why are you such a slave to another poster?" is one of the more brilliant feats of cognitive dissonance I've seen in some time.
Excuse me but didn't you misspell 'feets'? I figure that's what you meant because you are so likely to have 'brilliant feets' stuck up your rear end.

But, then again, you know more about that sort of thing than anyone, so, I will defer to your spelling.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
What makes you think that Romney can 'fix' America?
If Americans commonly do what is best for the country, then choosing Romney over Obama won't make any difference.
What are some of the decisions that you took in the last 5 or 6 years that could have changed your situation in 2012?
What power does the President of the United States have over the decisions that you took over the last 5 or 6 years?
If someone bought a house last year does this mean that they are less-better-off because before buying the house they had no 20 year debt? What difference does an increase in the value of the house make to this debt? What about a decrease in the value of the house?
Does your net salary going up mean you are better off? What if your net salary hasn't changed but you have to work less for it (increased holidays due to seniority for example).
The question SHOULD have been, 'what makes us think a friggin community organizer can AT LEAST adequately handle the complex demands made on the President of the United States?'

And, in typical Liberal emotional knee-jerk fashion many here would answer, 'why WOULDN'T Obama be able to handle the job?'

To which I'd ask, 'then why HASN'T he handled it better than he has???'

Romney is the best qualified candidate for POTUS that some experienced leaders say they have ever seen.

He has PROVEN he can do the job. Try studying the 2002 Winter Olympics to fully understand the complexity of that turnaround.

What in hell did Obama have in his background to compare with that?

Nothing.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 4, 2012, 10:54 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1748235.html
Mitt Romney said he would have been unable to host the 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Utah, had it not been for the "enormous spending and services of the federal government."

"Without question, we simply could not host Games in Salt Lake if it were not for the enormous spending and services of the federal government," Romney had said in a 2001 testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee during a hearing around cooperation between federal, state, local and private agencies for the Salt Lake City Olympics.

"When I came to the Games two years ago, following the revelations of bid impropriety, there was nothing which caused greater anxiety than whether or not we could count on this critical federal support," he said, before thanking both the Clinton and Bush administrations for being involved with his committee's planning efforts "every step of the way."

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 4, 2012, 11:09 AM

Hey, poutine eater, what are you doing still sticking your nose in an AMERICAN discussion? You may say you are from North AMERICA, but we just allowed Canada to buy a franchise and use the title. But that doesn't make you a real American.
You're totally right. We are only a small-population, geographically massive socialist country politically lead by a Conservative leader who publicly advocates small government and fiscal responsibility, with arguably the greatest banking system in the world, which largely avoided much of the 2008 economic crisis and has the lowest debt-to-GDP ratio of any G country not named Germany, with a government that has been shrinking in size on a pro-rata basis for a couple decades now.

So I guess I should agree with you. It sounds like we're nothing like America, really. But on the other hand, we are neighbours to the largest economy in the world.....so we do indeed have a stake in what happens in your country, our largest trading partner. So too bad - shut up and listen, maybe.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2012, 11:19 AM

And what kind of frigging IDIOT would take those comments to 'heart' and interpret it and then come out with a stupid statement like, 'YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT!!!'? (As though the government was the contractor or managing partner and not Mitt & Co.)

Your beloved 'ruler' is the kind of frigging idiot who'd do that.

And he didn't even know enough to realize the govt. isn't part of the team that really does any work in the process.

Frigging idiot, Obama.

Forum Links
Forum Rules