Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Shout out to everyone!

Shout out to everyone!
buggsuperstar
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2005, 06:39 AM

Hi all!

Being new here, I feel a quick intro is in order.

I've been lurking in these wonderful forums for some time now and, being a current Windoze (boo....!) user, I've been amazed at the community spirit and the downright niceness of the people here. Anywho, I've been meaning to get myself a Mac Mini, but seeing as I'm in between jobs at the moment, I've been holding off that purchase till I get that sorted out.

In the meantime, I'm actually running Folding@home on my AMD Athlon and I'd like to contribute to Team MacNN. I hope I'll be welcome to do so seeing as I'm still on the Wintel platform of the Evil Empire.
But I should be happily on my Mini within the next couple of months!

Could any Folding@home team members tell me how I can join the team? Is it just a case of entering the team number in my Folding client? What IS the team number for Team MacNN by the way?

In any case, Macs rule!

DrBoar
Senior User
May 20, 2005, 09:27 AM

The team number is 16
As far as I can tell just go to http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandeg.../download.html
and look up if the username you wish to use is alredy in use or not then download and fill in the username and teamnumber on the configuration of the client

Any CPU is welcome I have just added a pair of PIII/733 to my folding rig and the AMD athlon is a very very good CPU

Shaktai
Mac Elite
May 20, 2005, 07:48 PM

Indeed, everyone is welcome. While we all love our Macs, many of us by choice or by force also use "other" computers. I myself have 5 Windows PC's dedicated just to crunching for MacNN along with my 2 Macs.

Welcome.

reader50
Administrator
May 20, 2005, 11:44 PM

I was going to warn you about the crazy ones around here, referring to the text of Apple's old think different campaign. Unfortunately, they seem to have removed the relevant page.

Well, welcome anyway. Look out for Mikkyo and Shaktai. They have way too much power, and like they say, power corrupts.

mikkyo
Senior User
May 21, 2005, 01:30 PM

Yorg no crunch F@H. Yorg make Boinc go. Yorg smash other teams.
Newbie safe.

Shaktai
Mac Elite
May 21, 2005, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by reader50
Well, welcome anyway. Look out for Mikkyo and Shaktai. They have way too much power, and like they say, power corrupts.
Hey now, I resemble that remark.

Don't believe it though. I'm just one of the small dogs around here (well medium size anyway). The ones you have to watch out for are the quiet ones like Cobra, Welnic, One Mac Guy, Raven and Drengy. And be careful around that Scott the king guy. He's been awfully quiet lately, and likes to spring surprises.

Glad to have you on board the team.

buggsuperstar  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2005, 12:58 PM

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

I've since contributed my first result to Team MacNN Folding@home. Many more to come!

Forum Links
Forum Rules