Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Firefox compatibility issue

Firefox compatibility issue
willab
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 29, 2006, 12:53 PM

I am having an issue with the layout of stpetersbhm.org with Firefox. The navigation displays on the left and the content on the right as it should, but the content starts below the navigation. It does not have this issue when I load the page from my computer instead of the server to test it. It uses PHP includes to load the separate elements of the page: header, footer, and navigation. I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem. The address of the CSS file is stpetersbhm.org/mainstyle.css. Any ideas about what the problem could be?
thanks,
Will
Dual 1.8 GHz G5
PB G4 1.67 GHz

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jul 29, 2006, 01:00 PM

I take it you're using CSS floats to position the three columns where you want; is this correct?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

willab  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2006, 05:03 PM

I am using CSS floats for the two main columns: navigation and content. The four squares on the homepage are a table. I could never get them them to line up properly any other way.
Dual 1.8 GHz G5
PB G4 1.67 GHz

Forum Links
Forum Rules