Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I can't visit some websites

I can't visit some websites
willab
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2003, 05:33 PM

I use charter and I am unable to access my church's website, www.stpetersbhm.org. My neighbor can access it us bellsouth DSL, so why can't I see it? It times out every time.
Dual 1.8 GHz G5
PB G4 1.67 GHz

Sealobo
Oct 5, 2003, 07:52 PM

Have you tried to say a prayer? It might help~

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Oct 5, 2003, 08:00 PM

God must hate you.

ZackS
Banned
Oct 5, 2003, 08:08 PM

Churchin' it up

Seriously though, if it's a new website, give your ISP's DNS time to update (4-5 days max). If it's not, give your ISP a call.

willab  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2003, 09:14 PM

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the sarcasm. I'll be sure to add it to my prayer list.
Dual 1.8 GHz G5
PB G4 1.67 GHz

willab  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2003, 09:15 PM

It's not a new website I guess I will have to contact my ISP, can anyone give me the IP so I can try to get to it directly?
Dual 1.8 GHz G5
PB G4 1.67 GHz

signal68
Banned
Oct 5, 2003, 09:39 PM

I would just say keep praying to god.

See, if it doesn't work, its because you're man, and mankind is nothing but retchedness and sin, wheras god is everything good. Basically, anything good is because of god, and anything bad is because of man.

And if it DOES work, it will only further enforce that fact that your almighty truly exists and that you should remain a self loathing creature.

- Ca$h

willab  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2003, 10:36 PM

I can access most of the site just not the homepage. If it were the DNS server would I be able to see these pages?
Dual 1.8 GHz G5
PB G4 1.67 GHz

signal68
Banned
Oct 5, 2003, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by willab:
I can access most of the site just not the homepage. If it were the DNS server would I be able to see these pages?
Not if you've sinned. Then you must ask for forgiveness that you're a lowly piece of excrement, and god is all that is wonderful and good.

Don't worry though, it doesn't really matter what you've done or do, as long as you ask for forgiveness, you will be forgiven. That's why Hitler could potentially be in Christian heaven at the moment. Comforting, ain't it?

- Ca$h

ZackS
Banned
Oct 5, 2003, 10:42 PM

willab  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2003, 10:55 PM

I can't access it with the IP. It will not load on my PCs either. I said I can access the pictures ZackS posted and even the page that contains them when I type it directly, just not the homepage.
Dual 1.8 GHz G5
PB G4 1.67 GHz

Chuckmcd
Senior User
Oct 6, 2003, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by signal68:
Not if you've sinned. Then you must ask for forgiveness that you're a lowly piece of excrement, and god is all that is wonderful and good.

Don't worry though, it doesn't really matter what you've done or do, as long as you ask for forgiveness, you will be forgiven. That's why Hitler could potentially be in Christian heaven at the moment. Comforting, ain't it?

- Ca$h
get a life Ca$h.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 6, 2003, 02:15 PM

Originally posted by signal68:
I would just say keep praying to god.

See, if it doesn't work, its because you're man, and mankind is nothing but retchedness and sin, wheras god is everything good. Basically, anything good is because of god, and anything bad is because of man.

And if it DOES work, it will only further enforce that fact that your almighty truly exists and that you should remain a self loathing creature.

- Ca$h
Grow up and get over yourself. If you weren't going to offer a helpful suggestion, why bother posting in this thread at all? Your ignorance and prejudice on the issue is known far and wide. No need to keep beating that dead horse. To some folks, life is more than just Subaru's and Neon's.

Go read Atlas Shrugged again, sit back and bask in your own superiority, and do every one a favor, and do it silently.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules