Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Feeler: like new 1st generation 10GB iPod

Feeler: like new 1st generation 10GB iPod
cmillerdesign
Forum Regular
Nov 3, 2007, 10:40 AM

I have a 1G 10GB iPod which has rarely been used for the last 3 yrs. I bought it new right after they came out, downloaded all my CDs on it and set it next to my stereo where's its been since. Still works great. It's been in a leather case and I usually just have it hooked up to my stereo rather using it as a portable. Not a single scratch on it. Even the back side is clean. Battery should still hold a good charge since I usually plug it in to an outlet. I've been running iTunes via whole house audio so I never use it. I've seen broken ones selling for $80. Mine works great. Are these at all "collectable" like a lot of 1st generation Apple products or just older technology. Interested in offers over $100. Thanks.
( Last edited by cmillerdesign; Nov 3, 2007 at 03:25 PM. )

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2007, 12:51 PM

(A) you can't post feelers on the 'NN marketplace. You have to post an asking price.

(B) I'll give you $25 shipped for it.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

cmillerdesign  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 3, 2007, 03:32 PM

A) thanks. didn't know since i've seen others. i edited my ad.

B) sorry, i won't take the time to package it, drive to fedex and deal with fund transfers for that ; ) plus, i've had higher offers. i still use it from time to time as both a MP3 player and 10GB pocket drive. someone on another forum just bought one similar for $205 and said another went for $250! that's why i was asking about "collector" status. now i think that's a lot, but like i said, that "e site" had a broken one go for $80! hey if someone offered $250 i'd be pretty happy!

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2007, 03:38 PM

I really doubt you're going to get an offer for $250 on that thing, especially here. I looked at recently ended auctions on eBay for 10GB first gen iPods, and they're going for around $30-$50 shipped. If you want inflated eBay prices, you need to list on eBay. I wouldn't expect an offer higher than maybe $50 shipped here, and that's probably pushing it.

Just trying to make sure your expectations are realistic - i saw maybe two of these go for $75 recently on eBay, and you can't really base your price on the absolute highest closing bids on eBay...
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

cmillerdesign  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 3, 2007, 09:13 PM

close post. going to list it as FS. thanks.
( Last edited by cmillerdesign; Jan 17, 2008 at 02:43 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules