Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > D80 and Aperture

D80 and Aperture
dlefebvre
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2006, 10:46 AM

I just cracked and bought myself a Nikon D80 with a Nikor 18-200mm lens. I loved that camera. Anyone had any luck making it work with Aperture. I haven't tried it yet. According to Apple's website, Aperture supports the D70 and D70s. I guess it should work with the D80 but I just want to know before I buy it.

ChrisF
Senior User
Dec 20, 2006, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by dlefebvre View Post
I just cracked and bought myself a Nikon D80 with a Nikor 18-200mm lens. I loved that camera. Anyone had any luck making it work with Aperture. I haven't tried it yet. According to Apple's website, Aperture supports the D70 and D70s. I guess it should work with the D80 but I just want to know before I buy it.
Download the Raw Camera Support Update from Apple's downloads page.

sknapp351
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2007, 10:20 AM

Where did you manage to find that lens. Everywhere I look it is back-ordered.
I have had some problems with Aperture and my D80 and am wondering if it is an issue with my set up. If you could let me know how yours runs I would appreciate it.
SAm

http://forums.macnn.com/82/applicati...-blood-my-mbp/

dlefebvre  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2007, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by sknapp351 View Post
Where did you manage to find that lens. Everywhere I look it is back-ordered.
I have had some problems with Aperture and my D80 and am wondering if it is an issue with my set up. If you could let me know how yours runs I would appreciate it.
SAm

http://forums.macnn.com/82/applicati...-blood-my-mbp/
I bought my camera in Montreal and they had it in stock. As far as Aprture, it now works with my D80. I downloaded the patch on Apple's site. It's called: DigitalCameraRAWPPC200601.dmg. There's is a different one for Intel based Macs. It sure is processor hungry, but I have no problems with it so far.

cbrfanatic
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 15, 2007, 08:19 PM

so what you guys are saying is that i have to download this patch to use my new D80? why wont apple just push it to you in an update for Aperture? If its not a problem can someone post a link to the download page.

dlefebvre  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 15, 2007, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by cbrfanatic View Post
so what you guys are saying is that i have to download this patch to use my new D80? why wont apple just push it to you in an update for Aperture? If its not a problem can someone post a link to the download page.
Here it is:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...ate101ppc.html

cbrfanatic
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2007, 08:12 PM

Thank You very much.

Forum Links
Forum Rules