Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Bring Back Flaming Dorritos!!!

Bring Back Flaming Dorritos!!!
Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2000, 11:39 PM

Is anyone else ticked off that Dorritos no longer makes their "Flaming Hot Dorritos?" Man I loved those things. Is there some petition I could sign to help bring them back?

One last question: What's everyone's favorite Dorritos flavor(past or present)?

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Cipher13
Sep 5, 2000, 11:53 PM

Never tasted these Flaming Hot Dorito's...
As for favourite flavour, Nacho Cheese. Or is that CC's? Oh well, its one of them.

Cipher13

Ca$h68
Banned
Sep 6, 2000, 02:13 AM

DAMMIT! I TOTATALLY FEEL YOUR PAIN, FELLOW FLAMIN BROTHER!

Those things OWNED. I remember one time I had so many, and they were so hot, that I had to drink a 2 liter of surge. I was up all night. WEEE!!!! Its also getting harder to find spicy nacho! WTF is going oN!?!??!!

Lets write a letter.

Ca$h

PS: Anyone know of a secret supply of 1 year old flamin hot doritos? Maybe at a crappy run down old gas station that nbodoy goes to? I'll buy em!

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2000, 03:43 AM

Goto your local warehouse grocery store...cub foods (shamless plug) and ask if they do, I think you'd be superised

------------------
-See Yea!

MacOS761
Senior User
Sep 6, 2000, 12:27 PM

Originally posted by oscar:
I think you'd be superised
Eh? Supersized?

------------------
We're supposed to sing about piraty things!
<a href="http://www.macronyms.com" target="_blank"> </a>
kelsevinal: i am impervious to your "nerd" attacks

slboett
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2000, 02:26 PM

Have you guys tried the Doritos 3D Jalepi�o and Cheddar? They rock! I love any food that has the "Flamin' Hot" label!!!

Scott

[This message has been edited by slboett (edited 09-06-2000).]

Evangellydonut
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2000, 02:59 PM

'cept we are in Cali, and nothing gets really hot around here...even the jalapenos
BTW, Slboett, go to President Tai's often? last time I was there, I asked for a 5 on the hot scale and thought it was too mild...but I heard if you were white, it doesn't matter how hot you ask for, it'll always be a 2 or less...
G4/450, T-bird 1.05GHz, iBook 500, iBook 233...4 different machines, 4 different OSes...(9, 2k, X.1, YDL2.2 respectively) PiA to maintain...

slboett
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2000, 04:32 PM

I ask them to make it as hot as is possible - since I'm as white as they come, the cook always comes out and says: I wanna see you eat this - if you do, I pay". I turn a nice shade of red, sweat, and down it all - they are in utter amazement!
I love the hot stuff - I'm the only one in my family...must be the Montana blood!

Scott

Evangellydonut
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2000, 07:31 PM

LOL sounds like a great deal! wish I can get something like that! ^_^ I ain't as good as my ma at eating hot stuff, but I'm sure I can handle an 8 w/o much of a problem...There's a Chinese restraunt in San Diego that makes good hot chinese food. If you are here next time I'm in town, we can wonder there or something
G4/450, T-bird 1.05GHz, iBook 500, iBook 233...4 different machines, 4 different OSes...(9, 2k, X.1, YDL2.2 respectively) PiA to maintain...

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 7, 2000, 12:54 AM

I should have checked Frito Lay's website before I accused them of no longer making Flaming Hot doritos. It's still listed in their product page. The website also says that you should go to your local grocery store and request that they stock the product you want. I'm going to hit every grocery store in my neighborhood tomorrow and request (no wait...DEMAND!) that they stock those Flaming Doritos.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Aric
Forum Regular
Sep 7, 2000, 04:06 PM

You guys are funny, never thought I'd see a post like this in here. I've never tried those but now wish I had, always used to see' em and just walk on by.
Actually, the chips I miss are "Muncho's", but I guess that's not the issue here and maybe I should start a Munchos topic.

Forum Links
Forum Rules