Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Airport Express for Wi-Fi Gaming, also PSN IDs and XBL Gamertags

Airport Express for Wi-Fi Gaming, also PSN IDs and XBL Gamertags
Japester
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2008, 02:26 AM

Hey people,

So yeah, I'm planning to purchase PS3 soon, maybe an Xbox 360 (I say maybe since I would have to pay a little extra for accessories and Xbox Live). I'm here to ask about the wireless capabilities of these consoles. Do you know if either of these are compatible with AirPort Express? I know that PS3 has built in wireless capabilities and the 360 needs an adapter, but I just want to know if it works with the AirPort Express. I haven't found a reliable answer yet but hopefully someone here will help me.

Anyways, if you would like, post your PSN IDs or XBL Gamertags, as I will need some people to play with online when I get a new console. I will post my screen name when I register for it. The first game I plan to purchase is Grand Theft Auto: IV, what a surprise huh? Now, I do ask people here to be unbiased and fair. No fanyboyism please. Remember to play nice online, as I will. Thanks!!!!

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
May 11, 2008, 05:07 AM

we don't have time to stop for gas

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
May 11, 2008, 06:55 PM

Yes, the airport express will work just fine. My xbox 360 is connected this way.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Japester  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2008, 09:30 PM

Thanks for the reply for the Xbox 360. I've been contemplating a lot about which console I should get but now I really want a 360. It has better games, online system, and I know more people who play on Live. So, yeah thanks but no thanks on the PS3 lol. I can't wait to see what the PS3 is FULLY capable of, but until then, it needs to have better games for me to change my mind. Well thanks again, happy computing, web surfing, and gaming.

Japester

Andhee
Mac Enthusiast
May 23, 2008, 06:13 AM

I'm thinking about getting a PS3, mainly because it has a bluray drive, and its probably the future of disks. It has wifi and bluetooth built in as well which is fairly decent, no need to buy more adaptors. I may have to buy an airport express to extend my wireless network up to my room though as it can be a bit temperamental on wireless-g, which is what the ps3 uses I think, but wireless-n runs a blast in my room.
Macbook mid 2007: 2Gb Ram, Intel core 2 duo, 2.16GHz, 500Gb HDD, Snow Leopard 10.6.6
HTC HD7 (Windows Phone 7!)
iPod 5G 80GB
iPod Mini 4GB (Blue)

Forum Links
Forum Rules