Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > eMac 1.25 games performance?

eMac 1.25 games performance?
acX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 24, 2004, 05:26 PM

I currently have an 800Mhz eMac with the Radeon 7500 graphics. It has 640MB of ram, a 120GB 7200 RPM drive and is overclocked to 1Ghz.
A few games run OK on this system , but most of the demos I try are pretty bad..
1. UT 2004 demo
2. KS pro surfer demo
3. Pro wakeboarder demo
4. Call of duty demo...

Does the new eMac 1.25 improve the gaming performance any? I know most of the specs are better, Processor, RAM, Radeon 9200 etc..

How's it work with some of these games?

Thanks,
ac

Minch_Yoda
Jul 24, 2004, 07:24 PM

well it is 1.25ghz so its faster and it has a radeon 9200 so it should be quite a bit better

Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2004, 10:04 PM

The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

NickGra
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2004, 01:03 PM

I own a 1.25 ghz eMac. I like it but is not very good for gaming. As soon as I opened the box and plugged it in I tried Tony Hawk P S 4. It was choppy the game came preinstalled, and i have upgraded ram, but it played awful. I was expecting it to work well because of the free preinstallation. Ive also played Warcraft Frozen Throne. It seems to work well, except it sometimes has trouble recognizing full and almost full games. I have also played Americas Army (great 1st person shooter) it played well.
eMac 1.25 Superdriver

Forum Links
Forum Rules