Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > The ghost of Silk,,in Tiger

The ghost of Silk,,in Tiger
brazil
Dedicated MacNNer
May 19, 2005, 08:11 PM

Hey all,I have been seeing Silk Registration reminders although I have paid already,,kinda of the same thing that happened with Mighty Mouse. But I was having some other issues I was writing off to the Tiger upgrade when I thought to exclude some of the apps I have been having problems with mainly iCal.

Every time I tried to open iCal it crashed,,went thru the same steps every time eventually opening with Try again option presented.But it was Blue Aqua,,my least fav--but I got a Silk Reg. Reminder right about the time iCal crashed that led me to exclude iCal.now iCal works as it should.So it seems that Silk is still in the mix with Tiger,,and not happy.
( Last edited by brazil; May 19, 2005 at 11:24 PM. )
"I'm a Grey Chicken" - This is what my African Grey said . She did not learn it from me. www.screaminmoon.com

Dave-o�
Senior User
May 19, 2005, 09:51 PM

You might be missing a key font for iCal to work.. Helvetica Nueve...

chezpaul
Senior User
May 20, 2005, 04:11 AM

And I thought Silk didn't work in Tiger ?
Dual 1 Gig DDR & 15' Powerbook 867 MHz, Sony Ericsson T637 phone

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2005, 05:01 AM

Silk doesn't do font substitution in Tiger yet, but I have it running because quartz text rendering seem to work fine, which already takes care of some Geneva 9pt for me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules