Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Display Color Profile

Display Color Profile
mpancha
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 8, 2006, 10:02 PM

I have an ibook (specs in sig). Lately I've noticed the colors going off every once in awhile when I awake the computer from sleep.

When I check the Display control panel, and check the color settings its set to "Generic RGB Profile", and "Generic LCD" isn't even an option. If I put the computer to sleep a few times, it will eventually go back to normal.

It happens more often when I use dual monitors (Span Doctor hack), however this problem existed before I applied the hack.

Does anyone know what might be going on here?

Thanks in advance.

here's a screenshot of my display properties:
MacBook Pro | 2.16 ghz core2duo | 2gb ram | superdrive | airport extreme
iBook G4 | 1.2ghz | 768mb ram | combodrive | airport extreme
iPhone 3GS | 32 GB | Jailbreak, or no Jailbreak

SS3 GokouX
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 9, 2006, 11:18 AM

There never was a Generic LCD color profile. But you should usually stick with the profile designed for your display (check "Show profiles for this display only"), but if the colors still seem off, hit the Calibrate button and make your own profile which looks best. If your colors still keep shifting, and the same color profile is still selected, there may be a problem with your display and should get it checked out.

"And I will rule you all with an iron fist! You! OBEY THE FIST!" -Invader Zim

Apfhex
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2006, 05:28 PM

No, actually there should be a "Color LCD" option, if the iBook contains similar color profiles to my PowerBook. "Generic RGB" looks reeeeeealy bad on my PowerBook.

Don't know what could be wrong with the colors shifting around, although some time back my old G3, hooked up to a Samsung CRT, lost its calibrated profile and went to a generic one for no explainable reason (the calibrated profile vanished, never to return, hehe).
Mac OS X 10.5.0, Mac Pro 2.66GHz/2 GB RAM/X1900 XT, 23" ACD
esdesign

JKT
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2006, 07:28 PM

It sounds similar to the colorsync profile bug that occurs with Fast User Switching (for some people). Try the following hint at MacOSXHints.com.

Forum Links
Forum Rules