Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Home Theater Recommendation

Home Theater Recommendation
sideus
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2004, 10:11 AM

My current surround sound setup consists of an Sony Dolby Prologic II receiver with a JBL subwoofer, center, left and right speakers. I had the rear speakers setup in my old house, but haven't set them back up since I moved. The system was bought new back in 1992 or 1993.

I figure I've gotten the most out of this system and wish to update/upgrade to the latest technology. Any recommendations out there at what I should look at? I haven't priced surround sound systems in years so I have no idea what it out there. Price will be a consideration as I'm not made of money.

SVass
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2004, 02:38 PM

It must have separate optical connections for both dvd and hdtv audio. As dvd will change shortly to incorporate high definition, there is no reason to include one in a combination system. sam

AlphaQuam
Forum Regular
Sep 14, 2004, 01:10 PM

Get one of the new Sony digital receivers... they have gotten great reviews and that is my next planned upgrade. As for speakers... I can't be much help.

Sony ES STR-DA2000ES
Don't go for the 1000, only the 2000 or above.

Freeflyer
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 17, 2004, 08:04 PM

Go here

http://avsforum.com/

ask questions.

Without doubt, the biggest and best av forum on the planet. I used it to upgrade my system to a projector and screen. Saved loads from the advice.

J.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out - Richard Dawkins

Forum Links
Forum Rules