Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > I think its time for us to step back and acknowledge...Macs are kickin A$$

I think its time for us to step back and acknowledge...Macs are kickin A$$
sMACk
Oct 30, 2001, 09:02 PM

What a great time to be a mac user, I'm in love with the digital hub strategy and estatic that apple is taking the lead. I've got a digital camera, a digital video camera, a g4 cube, an ACD, an iPod on the way and OSX loaded up and...I'm actually happy with my system!

I'm used to the latest cpu models stealing the joy from my computer but I have to say I'm still super happy with my cube and OSX brings everything together so well...I'm just really happy with Apple right now!

Just thought I'd share

CollinG3G4
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 30, 2001, 09:06 PM

Just give it a little time.

Apple will eventually piss you off...

Circa
Senior User
Oct 30, 2001, 09:48 PM

Sadly what CollinG3G4 said is true...
Circa

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2001, 10:59 PM

Only if you are an obsessive, zealot. For most of us, it is just a great computer system.

As if the other companies do it any better?
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

cschmelz
Forum Regular
Oct 30, 2001, 11:14 PM

Originally posted by CollinG3G4:
<STRONG>Just give it a little time.

Apple will eventually piss you off...</STRONG>
If you obsess and think that Apple should only do things to please you, then yes..

If you actually go out into the sun, he is right...

Chuck_star
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2001, 12:02 AM

My G4 tower is now more than 1 year old (450mp). It's still the best purchase of my life. I'm as happy as the day I bought it. Sure I'd like bigger stronger faster. But I have another 2 happy years of warranty left. Then hopefully my G5 5 ghz will be ready. Good call on the DV cam. I just wish I had more time to play...
Later
Chuck

eventhorizon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2001, 02:16 AM

Right on! Never in my life before I owned a Mac could I be as creative as I am now, not to mention quickly too. My Mac changed the way I lived.

Event Horizon
"Dual 800/1.2gig/22""

<Snowman>
Oct 31, 2001, 03:00 AM

Originally posted by cschmelz:
<STRONG>

If you obsess and think that Apple should only do things to please you, then yes..

If you actually go out into the sun, he is right...</STRONG>

And with that, I shall sleep well tonight knowing that there are decent, intelligent people in this world.

sMACk  (op)
Oct 31, 2001, 03:46 AM

That is exactly what I meant by take a step back...take a step back and enjoy being a Mac owner, don't let the thought that something bad might happen sour the moment. Right now, Apple rocks!

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 31, 2001, 06:53 AM

I think we all enjoy being mac users, which is the reason we are all here. I think people get mad at apple because they know apple has potencial, but seem almost afraid of it. Weather this is actually true or not, is up to you, the reader. WE are the mac community, so we are much harsher to apple then anyone else; this is good, it keeps apple human. Apple has changed many things, from 33.6 to 56k modems on rev a imacs, to recently the laptop power supply replacment. If you own a mac, you have thought out your descian, and amoungest a PC world, and have decided not only to support mac, but also apple.

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: oscar ]

RWoelk
Senior User
Oct 31, 2001, 02:30 PM

I agree, and frankly I am tired of hearing all the Apple bashing from so many here. Sure there is always room for improvement, but owning using Macs after coming over from the dark side has changed my life in so many splendid ways.

I'm not only a happy camper, I am truly proud to be a part of the Apple community.

Porkstone
Oct 31, 2001, 02:46 PM

Originally posted by RWoelk:
<STRONG>I agree, and frankly I am tired of hearing all the Apple bashing from so many here. Sure there is always room for improvement, but owning using Macs after coming over from the dark side has changed my life in so many splendid ways.

I'm not only a happy camper, I am truly proud to be a part of the Apple community.</STRONG>
One man's critisism is another man's incessant whining.

IMHO there is nothing wrong with critising something as long as you take the time to do proper research and add value to the debate. Simply saying Apple Mac's are crap doesn't lend anything but critising them for being overpriced and stating some evidence to back up your statement adds fuel to the fire.

If your not interested in reading other peoples opinions be they misinformed or not, then don't frequent message boards.

Suicide is painless.

sMACk  (op)
Oct 31, 2001, 03:44 PM

Porkstone, you've got it wrong! You can always find something to complain about if you look hard enough but why always look for the negative without acknowledging the positive? This thread is to acknowledge the positive. I'm sure even you could come up with a descent list of positives about Apple if you, as you say, take the time to do proper research. Constructive criticisim is essential to the success of any company but people who focus only on the negative, are not able enjoy the positive and bring down others.

And the truth is, I think I speak for most people here, we frequent these boards for OTHER MAC USERS opinions, not for pc users who have no real working knowledge of the mac.

Michael T. Doyle
Forum Regular
Oct 31, 2001, 04:10 PM

I love my Mac.

Sometimes you can actually say something nice about a product (or a person) WITHOUT feeling like you have to say something bad just to even it out.

Get the point?
Mike Doyle
Chicago, IL

Porkstone
Oct 31, 2001, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by Michael T. Doyle:
<STRONG>I love my Mac.

Sometimes you can actually say something nice about a product (or a person) WITHOUT feeling like you have to say something bad just to even it out.

Get the point? </STRONG>
I just don't understand you people how can you love your Mac? It's just a bunch of electronics collected together in a metal box.

You guys get upset way too easily when someone (like me) comes along and expresses an opinion that doesn't fit with your own ideas. You feel you have to justify yourselves or turn on the person that expresses the opinion. You are all just a bunch of insecure people.
Suicide is painless.

BannanaFiend
Oct 31, 2001, 08:09 PM

Originally posted by Porkstone:
<STRONG>

I just don't understand you people how can you love your Mac? It's just a bunch of electronics collected together in a metal box.

You guys get upset way too easily when someone (like me) comes along and expresses an opinion that doesn't fit with your own ideas. You feel you have to justify yourselves or turn on the person that expresses the opinion. You are all just a bunch of insecure people.</STRONG>
The fact that you don't understand why we like our machines so much is because you have never owned one yourself. The fact that mac users "love" their computers says good things about their computers.
A history: Powerbook 15" 1.5 Ghz, Quickilver 1.2MP, iBook 600 DVD, Beige G3 266, Performa 638CD, Quadra 610 w/CD

Porkstone
Oct 31, 2001, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by BannanaFiend:
<STRONG>

The fact that you don't understand why we like our machines so much is because you have never owned one yourself. The fact that mac users "love" their computers says good things about their computers.</STRONG>
But surely a computer is an inanimate object, it cannot reciprocate your feelings of love in the way another human being who also had feelings?
Suicide is painless.

dr. zoidberg
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2001, 08:53 PM

<STRONG>

But surely a computer is an inanimate object, it cannot reciprocate your feelings of love in the way another human being who also had feelings?</STRONG>
bah. you�re not exactly a romantic, right?!

"And Zapp Brannigan, your score qualifies you as assistant delivery boy, second class."
"Hmm. I guess I'll have to sleep my way to the top. Kif, wake me when I'm there."

iWolfe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2001, 08:55 PM

Porkstone:

Is it possible to fall in love... with a computer?

Oh yes, oh yes!

To again quote apple (because this fits my sentiments perfectly)

"It's about the joy of holding and handling and using things that are very well made."
The Wolfe
Apple Guru

dead_eye
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2001, 09:25 PM

Well, Macs must good products for apple to have lasted so long on a proprietary architecture. I mean, 5% of the market can't all be MAC zealots. My first computer was an apple iie, apple's best product.
Specs: 1.4 athlon, 256 crucial ddr
Guess, I'm a pc person

MonkeyBoy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2001, 09:38 PM

Originally posted by iWolfe:
<STRONG>Porkstone:

Is it possible to fall in love... with a computer?

Oh yes, oh yes!

To again quote apple (because this fits my sentiments perfectly)

"It's about the joy of holding and handling and using things that are very well made."</STRONG>
IMHO you need professional help, that this forum just can't give.

sMACk  (op)
Oct 31, 2001, 10:09 PM

He's quoting an Apple commercial, relax

Spectre666
Forum Regular
Nov 1, 2001, 12:39 AM

<STRONG>

You guys get upset way too easily when someone (like me) comes along and expresses an opinion that doesn't fit with your own ideas. You feel you have to justify yourselves or turn on the person that expresses the opinion. You are all just a bunch of insecure people.</STRONG>
I'll tell you exactly why I love my Mac.

When I sit in front of my Mac to do anything, whether it be web design, record music, or even just surf the internet, I honestly do NOT feel like I am using a "computer." I feel like I am using a creative tool that is an extension of my mind and body. It's a strange feeling that I love, and a feeling you have obviously never experienced.

I hate everyone equally.

sMACk  (op)
Nov 1, 2001, 03:13 AM

Spectre, I think you put your finger on it, macs are an extension of our creativity, I use my mac to create. I think its fair to say that as a population compared to pc users macs have the highest percentage of creatives using macs. Im an art director for an ad agency, for the most part, everyone I deal with, photographers, illustrators, digital imaging houses etc all use macs.

We love to be creative + Macs help express our creativity = we love our macs. Maybe he doesn't understand that feeling because, well, he's just not creative. Couldn't resist.

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 1, 2001, 03:56 AM

Being bumped over to the lounge

Forum Links
Forum Rules