Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > New competitor to DL

New competitor to DL
Mark Booth
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 18, 2008, 03:49 PM

Just saw this link over at Macintouch:

IntelliScanner Media Collector - organize books, movies, music, and games

$149 is pretty pricey but it does include the scanner and free hosting of your collection.

Things just got more interesting!

BTW, I should mention that, per Wil's offer in the other thread, I signed up to be a Beta tester for DL2. Unfortunately, I've had absolutely zero spare time since downloading the first Beta. At least, not enough time to do real Beta testing any justice. I haven't even installed it on the computer (Mac Mini) that I use to manage my collection. But I have popped into the Beta discussion area and I can assure you that DL2 is very close to release. VERY close!

Mark

pdmarsh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 18, 2008, 04:26 PM

I tried a quick reply with no success, so here's a regular reply.

This is indeed a cool new competitor.

However, the scanner I got with DL1 is bluetooth, so I can walk around the house scanning whatever, return to my Mac, open DL, and have it automatically upload the scanned items and connect to the Internet to download the individual item's info. It works great when the info is online.

I really like DL, and would like to stick with it if I can.
- Dave Marsh

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 18, 2008, 04:55 PM

Funny, I emailed the same link that Wil posted and asked for the DL2 beta. Never got a response.

MDNZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 19, 2008, 12:38 AM

Not sure that it is new? I was looking to get a trial from them, or to purchase software only (a year ago) but they did not offer. I already have a BT Scanner. I was keen on the Wine Collector and Kitchen Companion.

MDNZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 19, 2008, 12:40 AM

mpmchugh
Forum Regular
Apr 20, 2008, 03:45 PM

Uh, folks, this is not a new competitor to DL.

In fact I'm pretty sure what has become DL was the originally the "Library" software to be shipped by Intelliscanner — before DL and Intellicanner had a parting of ways before DL 1.0 shipped.

-mpm

MDNZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 21, 2008, 01:10 PM

Not sure, but thought the only link between two orgs was Andrew Kazmierski who assisted with DL 1 after working at IntelliScanner.

Forum Links
Forum Rules