Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Ti 800 (DVI) + 22" ACD + gaming = not what I hoped

Ti 800 (DVI) + 22" ACD + gaming = not what I hoped
sMACk
May 7, 2002, 10:55 AM

Playing Wolfenstein on my new Ti 800 (which is smooth as butter btw) mirrored to my 22" ACD. I can't get the game to display fullscreen on my ACD. When I toggle from mirror to dual display, the game only shows up in the Ti's screen. Quite possible this is because I dont know how to do it correctly. Any Ti Book/ACD owners out there that can help?

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
May 7, 2002, 04:31 PM

I'm not sure that I entirely understand what the problem is -- you can't get the game to run on the Cinema Display at all? Have you tried running with the Tibook display closed (you might need an external keyboard for this).

sMACk  (op)
May 8, 2002, 01:23 AM

Well after reading the manual I discovered that, as you say, the Tibook has to be closed (asleep) and a keyboard/mouse plugged in. I fired up Wolfenstein and played in glorious full screen mode at HQ 1024x780. I must say the Ti Book is everything I hoped!! Very pleased with it's power and flexablity.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
May 8, 2002, 03:02 AM

Did you try moving the menu bar to the Cinema Display (with the displays preference panel)? You might be able to run it on the external display with the Tibook open then.

ShadowKatana
May 8, 2002, 04:32 AM

I am new to this forum. I will soon receive my Ti800/512MB. I would like to know whether the TiBook runs games *full* screen. I know you can configure the ini files for games like Quake III but what about those that can't be configured?

sMACk  (op)
May 8, 2002, 12:34 PM

There seems to be 2 distinct methods of setting up your external monitor to work with the TiBook. First with the TiBook open you can switch from dual monitors, which is fullscreen on your external monitor, to mirroring which mirrors the exact screen of the TiBook, even the size. So in mirroring your external monitor shows a black border around the image.

Now, if you want to play a game at full screen or just use the external monitor by itself you have to close the TiBook, plugin keyboard and mouse, plugin monitor and then viola, the external fires up full screen and you can launch your game and its as if you were using any other desktop system. Very nice.

Forum Links
Forum Rules