Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMacs With Display Issues

iMacs With Display Issues
AmericanPsych0
Nov 29, 2005, 12:51 PM

There are four 500 MHz iMac G3s in my Journalism class at school, three with 10.2.8 installed and one with 9.2.1, but they all seem to have the same problem: after the display has been off for awhile (though the computer itself is still on), it won't turn back on until I restart the computer. It isn't an issue when the displays are off for a little while--I can't be any more specific than this, as I've never timed it or anything--but the computers are pretty much on all the time, and in the mornings, after being on all night with the screens off, I have to use the restart button on the back.

It's fine if it's a hardware problem because we're going to buy/get a hold of a lot of new ones; I just need to know if we need to replace these four or not.

EDIT: Also note that they never go into sleep mode. I'll ask this before trying, since it'd be great if I didn't have to talk to the Tech Admin (would need an administrative account): would putting them to sleep after, say, an hour solve it? Or at least might it?
When Vin Diesel pops a can of Pringles, the fun stops after about fifteen minutes.

Forum Links
Forum Rules