Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Why doesn't Obama run this ad?

Why doesn't Obama run this ad?
Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Sep 13, 2008, 08:51 PM

It's a pretty easy construction - I just don't have all the video clips at my finger tips to put together.

Some intro that says that McCain is always the same, consistent, etc - perhaps the line by Sarah Palin about how is the same no matter what town he's in from the convention (although I'd keep her out of the ad if possible).

Back to back video clips of McCain being...
a) against Offshore Drilling (at least lifting moratorium) and then for drilling
b) against Bush Tax Cuts and then being for them
c) against privatizing social security and then being for it
d) <insert something else if needed>

The final statement could be something like: "When John McCain says he is an agent of change, he must have been referring to changing his mind."

It just seems that something like this would be a lot tougher than the so called "tough" ads that have been coming out recently.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 13, 2008, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ghoser777 View Post
It's a pretty easy construction - I just don't have all the video clips at my finger tips to put together.

Some intro that says that McCain is always the same, consistent, etc - perhaps the line by Sarah Palin about how is the same no matter what town he's in from the convention (although I'd keep her out of the ad if possible).

a) against Offshore Drilling (at least lifting moratorium) and then for drilling
...probably because as your first example demonstrates, it would be just as easy for McCain to make pretty much the same commercial (especially the first example) with just a few changes.
( Last edited by stupendousman; Sep 15, 2008 at 01:45 PM. )

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 15, 2008, 01:38 PM

I'd just edit together some clips to suggest that he eats babies. McCain could retaliate by asking if we can't be completely sure that Obama doesn't have a cocaine problem.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 15, 2008, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
I'd just edit together some clips to suggest that he eats babies. McCain could retaliate by asking if we can't be completely sure that Obama doesn't have a cocaine problem.

Screw it altogether. Quit tickling the bottom of the friggin' trash can and just jump right in.
ebuddy

Helmling
Mac Elite
Sep 15, 2008, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ghoser777 View Post

b) against Bush Tax Cuts and then being for them
c) against privatizing social security and then being for it
d) <insert something else if needed>

The final statement could be something like: "When John McCain says he is an agent of change, he must have been referring to changing his mind."

It just seems that something like this would be a lot tougher than the so called "tough" ads that have been coming out recently.
Because the Daily Show's already done it for him?

Forum Links
Forum Rules