Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: PowerMac G5 Dual 2Ghz like new with extended Applecare

FS: PowerMac G5 Dual 2Ghz like new with extended Applecare
jon l. dawson
Forum Regular
Sep 16, 2005, 04:42 PM

Not sure what happened to my original post. Says it's invalid thread and doesn't show the message. Trying again...

I'm selling my month old PowerMac G5 Dual 2Ghz computer, like new in box with all original contents. The keyboard has never been used, it's still in the plastic along with the usb extender cable. The stock hard drive has had barely any use since I replaced it with my own upon getting the computer- I'll be putting it back and reloading the default software image. I have no problems at all with it, the only reason I'm selling is because I bought it for a project which didn't end up happening. Since I already have a Powerbook and I'm not doing the project I find myself using only getting use out of one computer.

Specs can be viewed at:
http://www.apple.com/powermac/specs.html

Applecare was purchased with it and it's covered for another two years and eleven months. There is some way to transfer this I would think? I'll of course confirm that, I'm sure there must be.

Price? Just make me an offer, something reasonable... I'd consider a partial trade but I can't think of anything in particular I am looking for and I do need the cash, so...

I have sold on this board before and also my eBay feedback can be viewed here:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS

And just to get it out of the way, jon dawson is not my name it's an anagram of it, it's just a username...

I'm in north NJ

Thanks,
jd.
( Last edited by jon l. dawson; Sep 16, 2005 at 04:43 PM. Reason: fix title)

tastethepain
Sep 16, 2005, 05:13 PM

Rules of the forum: you need to post an asking price.

I'm interested in the unit. I would encourage you to post a few of the actual specs like:

RAM:
SuperDrive 16x Dual-Layer: Yes/No?
Airport Express: Yes/No?
Bluetooth: Yes/No?

Cheers,
Curtis

Originally Posted by jon l. dawson
Not sure what happened to my original post. Says it's invalid thread and doesn't show the message. Trying again...

I'm selling my month old PowerMac G5 Dual 2Ghz computer, like new in box with all original contents. The keyboard has never been used, it's still in the plastic along with the usb extender cable. The stock hard drive has had barely any use since I replaced it with my own upon getting the computer- I'll be putting it back and reloading the default software image. I have no problems at all with it, the only reason I'm selling is because I bought it for a project which didn't end up happening. Since I already have a Powerbook and I'm not doing the project I find myself using only getting use out of one computer.

Specs can be viewed at:
http://www.apple.com/powermac/specs.html

Applecare was purchased with it and it's covered for another two years and eleven months. There is some way to transfer this I would think? I'll of course confirm that, I'm sure there must be.

Price? Just make me an offer, something reasonable... I'd consider a partial trade but I can't think of anything in particular I am looking for and I do need the cash, so...

I have sold on this board before and also my eBay feedback can be viewed here:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS

And just to get it out of the way, jon dawson is not my name it's an anagram of it, it's just a username...

I'm in north NJ

Thanks,
jd.
MBP / 3gig memory / 200gb hard drive / Superdrive

Mac Pro 4x2.66 cores / 8gb memory / ATI 256mb vid / storage---always increasing. :D

jon l. dawson  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 16, 2005, 07:28 PM

Specifications:
Dual 2.0Ghz G5
512Mb PC3200 RAM
ATI Radeon 9600 with dual DVI output
160GB SATA 7200RPM HD
16X Dual Layer Superdrive
1xFW800 2xFW400 3xUSB 2.0 2xUSB1.1 (kb)
10/100/1000 Ethernet
Airport Extreme Ready
OS X 10.4 Tiger with iLife 05
Apple Keyboard, Apple Mouse, USB keyboard extension cable, DVI to VGA adapter, AirPort antenna
Extended Applecare

This is $2250 new (1999 for the Powermac and 250 for Applecare), plus tax / shipping depending on where it's being purchased from

Asking: $1995 OBO
Money order or cashier's check
Will ship with tracking and insurance
( Last edited by jon l. dawson; Sep 16, 2005 at 08:01 PM. )

tastethepain
Sep 16, 2005, 08:02 PM

You've got PM. :-)

Mac Pro 4x2.66 cores / 8gb memory / ATI 256mb vid / storage---always increasing. :D

jon l. dawson  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 19, 2005, 11:03 AM

Price update, asking $1900 now-
Will put it up on eBay soon

jd

veshman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 22, 2005, 06:19 PM

hi, do you still have this machine?

bhavesh

Originally Posted by jon l. dawson
Price update, asking $1900 now-
Will put it up on eBay soon

jd

jon l. dawson  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2005, 12:42 AM

Yup, you can email or PM me if you are interested.
Thanks

tastethepain
Sep 23, 2005, 08:33 PM

You got PM.

Forum Links
Forum Rules