Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Belkin F5U220 USB2 5 Port PCI card and Deep Sleep (MDD June 2003)?

Belkin F5U220 USB2 5 Port PCI card and Deep Sleep (MDD June 2003)?
Mac Write
Mac Elite
Mar 13, 2006, 05:46 PM

My local store has the Belkin USB2 PCI 5 port F5U220 card and I am wondering how well it "Deep Sleeps" I would be using it with my SanDisk Imagemateā„¢ CF (first it seems) USB 2, along with an iPod 5g. Same with my mom (as I bring my CF reader to her place). If I just leave the USB cord plugged in, but not the CF reader/iPod (but dock plugged in) would that be fine? I would prefer Deep Sleep without problems.

Thanks
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

toffe
Forum Regular
Mar 30, 2006, 01:26 PM

i have it on a G4 Powermac 350Mhz AGP-graphics running Tiger.
it works fine as while awake. but if some usb device is attached when it goes to sleep it does not wake up. If nothing is plugged in when it goes to sleep, it wakes up fine.

someone sad that Belkin F5U219 works fine and is rather cheap, but i have not heard how it does deep sleep

oh. and i just read that OWC might work. just read this article... http://eshop.macsales.com/tech_cente...cfm?answer=790

Forum Links
Forum Rules