Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod's new GUI--what's the story?

iPod's new GUI--what's the story?
gulmatan
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 21, 2007, 10:47 PM

Hi all,

Does anyone have pics of the newest iPod in action with the new GUI? What does the GUI look like?
( Last edited by gulmatan; Sep 21, 2007 at 10:54 PM. )
PowerBook G4 1.5 GHz/1GB RAM/OS/X (10.4.11)
Windows--A fate in league with Communism.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2007, 04:05 AM

Do you have an internet?

I hear iPod makes great mp3 players. Yuo can has demo on iPod's intarweb home.

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 22, 2007, 08:38 AM

I think analogika's point is that there are TONS of sites with all the information you're looking for-and a variety of people's opinions of what it all means.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

ajprice
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2007, 08:48 AM

And if you go to the iPod pages on apple's website, they have demo videos of them in use.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2007, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by ajprice View Post
And if you go to the iPod pages on apple's website, they have demo videos of them in use.
Yup.

Every single function is documented with a full VIDEO DEMO on APPLE'S OWN SITE.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2007, 09:34 AM

Hehe, whodathunkit that a company would demo their own product on their own website!?!?!!

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2007, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by ajprice View Post
Hehe, whodathunkit that a company would demo their own product on their own website!?!?!!
The things they can do with the intarwebs nowadays.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2007, 12:54 PM

Maybe you can't get an AOL for Linux computars. OMG Loosers.!

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2007, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by analogika View Post
Maybe you can't get an AOL for Linux computars. OMG Loosers.!
Even though he has a PowerBook with Tiger on it. How retarted of you. WTF.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2007, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Even though he has a PowerBook with Tiger on it. How retarted of you. WTF.
o ya rite.

so i reed this: Windows--A fate in league with Communism. in his sig, rite?

does he know that os x is open-source? and the main reason Windows isnt is b/c microshaft r captalist0rz?

gulmatan  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 22, 2007, 04:03 PM

Yup.

Every single function is documented with a full VIDEO DEMO on APPLE'S OWN SITE.
Please let me know here this is. All I see in their site is that stock 360 spinning movie. I've never seen an actual-feature-for-feature, line-for-line code demo of how this new iPod GUi looks or works. If you're referring to that demo with the chinaman, I've seen that already and it's not technical nor detailed enough for me.

.Neo
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2007, 04:14 PM

Did you try clicking on the link that's actually called "Features"?

Apple - iPod classic - Features
Apple - iPod touch - Features

If this isn't detailed enough for you I suggest going to the nearest Apple reseller for a demo model.

Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2007, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by gulmatan View Post
Please let me know here this is. All I see in their site is that stock 360 spinning movie. I've never seen an actual-feature-for-feature, line-for-line code demo of how this new iPod GUi looks or works. If you're referring to that demo with the chinaman, I've seen that already and it's not technical nor detailed enough for me.
Chinaman?

WTF?

Visnaut
Senior User
Sep 22, 2007, 04:28 PM

Please let me know here this is. All I see in their site is that stock 360 spinning movie.
It's amazing that in this day and age, that someone needs to have their hand held while surfing the web. If you managed to find this forum, formulate a question and then manage to post it, you should have been able to find the interface videos.

If you're referring to that demo with the chinaman, I've seen that already and it's not technical nor detailed enough for me.
Hey, how about you post your background, so we can all refer to you by a derogatory term?

Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Visnaut View Post
It's amazing that in this day and age, that someone needs to have their hand held while surfing the web. If you managed to find this forum, formulate a question and then manage to post it, you should have been able to find the interface videos.
Technically, he formed a question, but it wasn't very good, nor did it explain what he really wanted, so I'm not sure that your point is valid

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2007, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
Technically, he formed a question, but it wasn't very good, nor did it explain what he really wanted, so I'm not sure that your point is valid
If you're talking about the original post by the moron, it was quite detailed enough to make clear that he hadn't managed to look at the feature demos on Apple's own page - the ones on the features pages, rather than the Guided Tour presented by the chinaman (the one the moron has already seen and deemed "not technical enough").

I'm just glad this thread has turned out this nicely, though - I was getting a little worried our poking fun at his obvious lack of internet skills was somehow inappropriate.

Turns out he deserves a lot worse.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2007, 05:07 PM

Wow.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2007, 05:13 PM

o ya rite.

so i reed this: Windows--A fate in league with Communism. in his sig, rite?

does he know that os x is open-source? and the main reason Windows isnt is b/c microshaft r captalist0rz?
Ya me thinks i agrea with youse on dis one. I don't thinc he nos.

gulmatan  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 22, 2007, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by .Neo View Post
Did you try clicking on the link that's actually called "Features"?

Apple - iPod classic - Features
Apple - iPod touch - Features

If this isn't detailed enough for you I suggest going to the nearest Apple reseller for a demo model.
You're right, ***NOT DETAILED ENOUGH****!!! Secondly, as if the music and video rapcrap, grunge slut Nelly Furtado they shove in my face isn't bad enough, Desperate Housewives prostitution, Harry Potter Satanism and Devil worship and witchcraft just for sake of a demo?!?! I am infuriated that this is a company I've supported ever since my Apple II Plus in 1980!!!! Steve Jobs need to be exorcised by a Catholic priest and furthermore needs his brain washed out with surgical soap!!!!

By the way,

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Ya me thinks i agrea with youse on dis one. I don't thinc he nos.
I am aware of this BUT, Bill Gates has NEVER had an original idea. Do you know that Microsloth's Windows is a copyright infringement of Mac OS?

When Apple wanted apps for its new Mac 128, they allowed Microsloth to develop apps including Basic. Well, as you are aware, every developer needs to know how to write software, so MS took Mac's OS and yes, developed Mac apps. But, Bill took that source code, reverse engineered it and plagiarized Mac OS into Windows. Are you aware that Bill has committed copyright infringement just to make a disgusting mockery of the Mac?
( Last edited by gulmatan; Sep 22, 2007 at 05:45 PM. )

Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2007, 05:30 PM

Secondly, as if the music and video rapcrap, grunge slut Nelly Furtado they shove in my face isn't bad enough, Desperate Housewives prostitution, Harry Potter Satanism and Devil worship and witchcraft just for sake of a demo?!?! I am infuriated that this is a company I've supported ever since my Apple II Plus in 1980!!!! Steve Jobs need to be exorcised by a Catholic priest and furthermore needs his brain washed out with surgical soap!!!!
Hmmm... I think you missed the turn for The Crazy House.
( Last edited by 0157988944; Sep 22, 2007 at 07:50 PM. )

.Neo
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2007, 05:51 PM

You're right, ***NOT DETAILED ENOUGH****!!! Secondly, as if the music and video rapcrap, grunge slut Nelly Furtado they shove in my face isn't bad enough, Desperate Housewives prostitution, Harry Potter Satanism and Devil worship and witchcraft just for sake of a demo?!?! I am infuriated that this is a company I've supported ever since my Apple II Plus in 1980!!!! Steve Jobs need to be exorcised by a Catholic priest and furthermore needs his brain washed out with surgical soap!!!!
Wouldn't mind if you got an exorcism of your own as well. You could also start taking your pills on a regular basis again.

If it's ***NOT DETAILED ENOUGH****!!! get of your ***LAZY ASS****!!! and visit your local Apple Reseller for a demo that does suit your needs.

gulmatan  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 22, 2007, 06:24 PM

I just thought to post my question here in this forum of experts and Mac devotees so that I could get a technical, detailed and thorough explanation. I figured, amongst Mac afficionados I'd get a more favourable information instead of posting the same question to a bunch of Gates' drones on some sort of Windoze forum.

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 22, 2007, 07:29 PM

I just thought to post my question here in this forum of experts and Mac devotees so that I could get a technical, detailed and thorough explanation. I figured, amongst Mac afficionados I'd get a more favourable information instead of posting the same question to a bunch of Gates' drones on some sort of Windoze forum.
You WERE given useful information. Most of that information was couched in terms of "you should have thought of this yourself" and maybe wasn't sickeningly polite, but it was there. Once the exact links to the extremely comprehensive video demonstrations of the iPod interfaces were posted, that should have been it.

It's apparent to me that you are not a native English speaker-if our colloquial English confuses you, please let us know. We're generally not rude about that. But increasing the level of rudeness by expressing your opinion of Nelly Furtado and Desperate Housewives in this technical forum certainly didn't help anything.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2007, 09:25 PM

By the way,

I am aware of this BUT, Bill Gates has NEVER had an original idea. Do you know that Microsloth's Windows is a copyright infringement of Mac OS?

When Apple wanted apps for its new Mac 128, they allowed Microsloth to develop apps including Basic. Well, as you are aware, every developer needs to know how to write software, so MS took Mac's OS and yes, developed Mac apps. But, Bill took that source code, reverse engineered it and plagiarized Mac OS into Windows. Are you aware that Bill has committed copyright infringement just to make a disgusting mockery of the Mac?
If you're so pissed off, go get a Creative and don't support that hippy Steve or Bill guy. And yes, I am aware of Microsoft's history. We were just poking fun at them.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 23, 2007, 06:57 AM

You're right, ***NOT DETAILED ENOUGH****!!!
How much more "detailed" than showing you a ten-second video OF EVERY SINGLE FUNCTION should it need to be for you? WTF?

Secondly, as if the music and video rapcrap, grunge slut Nelly Furtado they shove in my face isn't bad enough, Desperate Housewives prostitution, Harry Potter Satanism and Devil worship and witchcraft just for sake of a demo?!?!
You forgot "chinamen".

Might I suggest professional help?

I am infuriated that this is a company I've supported ever since my Apple II Plus in 1980!!!! Steve Jobs need to be exorcised by a Catholic priest and furthermore needs his brain washed out with surgical soap!!!!
You are obviously unfamiliar with the symbolism of the Apple?

And unaware of the fact that the Apple I was initially sold for $666.66 (simply because Jobs and Woz loved recurring numbers, mind you)?

What does ANY of that have to do with Communism, other than that you dislike them both and quite obviously understand neither?

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 23, 2007, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
Hmmm... I think you missed the turn for The Crazy House.
Originally Posted by .Neo View Post
Wouldn't mind if you got an exorcism of your own as well. You could also start taking your pills on a regular basis again.

If it's ***NOT DETAILED ENOUGH****!!! get of your ***LAZY ASS****!!! and visit your local Apple Reseller for a demo that does suit your needs.
Yuo guys WATCH OUT! You'll be cited and GET INFRACTIONS OMG!

(Just like I did for my post above. )

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 23, 2007, 10:48 AM

I've been busy this weekend so I haven't been giving my full attention to the forums, and look what happens.

I think people on both sides have been acting pretty childishly, but even if someone asks what you deem to be a stupid or obvious question, it would be better for all concerned to either answer it politely or just ignore it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules