Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes 9 and Dragging Store tracks to playlists

iTunes 9 and Dragging Store tracks to playlists
gulmatan
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 23, 2009, 02:58 AM

Hi all.

I was previously able to create my own wish lists by dragging store tracks to my own theme-related wish list in the left side playlists pane. This feature was available in iTunes 7 and 8. I liked this approach because it made it easier to prioritize and categorize songs I wanted to buy which related to different projects I was creating.

Now, with the new design of the store, that drag-and-drop functionality seems to have disappeared. Or, am I missing a step? Can this older wish playlist styled wish list approach still be accomplished? That way, I can have various shopping lists of tracks I'd like to purchase.
PowerBook G4 1.5 GHz/1GB RAM/OS/X (10.4.11)
Windows--A fate in league with Communism.

DarkStarRed
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 23, 2009, 03:18 AM

What you have to do now is in iTunes-store select the desired song or album & then click on the arrow pointing down (next to buy) this brings a drop down list now select add to wishlist.

Now to view your wishlist you have to scroll all the way down on the iTunes home page to quick links
& organise>wish list, will give you the songs you've collected note this only gives songs added since updating to iTunes 9 not from the list created before.

gulmatan  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 23, 2009, 03:32 AM

Yes but, this is NOT what I need. Like I said prior, I have separate, theme-related, playlist-based groupings of tracks I'd like to purchase separately. To have EVERYTHING lumped in one big wishlist makes the new approach completely USELESS!!!! Any other ideas?
PowerBook G4 1.5 GHz/1GB RAM/OS/X (10.4.11)
Windows--A fate in league with Communism.

Forum Links
Forum Rules