Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > NBC: Apple MAc Leader

NBC: Apple MAc Leader
mac-at-kearsarge
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2000, 11:17 PM

Todays SUnday 1/17/00 so a week ago on NBCs Thillagy, was a Imac Paradise (Ironically, because I wasn't home I recorded and have this "event" on tape) First on THE PRETENDER (Norius for it's use ofMacs and there features). Jared Uses a very nice Blueberry iMac to check the records of a doctor who's commiting insurance fraud. I don't care for the PROFILER any more since the lead was changed. But I saw several Macs while I was fast forwarding to SNL, where they did a whole skit where a Office lab was set up with five dazzalin' Strawberry iMacs (I really enjoyed it more, when theskit opened up with a guy saying" Do you think these systems are Y2K Compatible?" when Another guy (Computer admon) walks in and says: DUh, we only use Macs which have always been compliant, Hello!" This brought a tear to my eye). Did anyone else catch this?
iGeek

jaisun
Jan 31, 2000, 04:36 AM

I caught the SNL you're talking about...I thought that skit was great! I wonder if I could get a copy of that skit some how? It's worth archiving!

mac-at-kearsarge  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2000, 04:07 PM

Well if you want, I have a PayPal Acct. (If you want you can send me $10.00 and I'll copy it, and ship out to you. Would you like that?
iGeek

Damien
Forum Regular
Jan 31, 2000, 05:44 PM

I can go one better. The company I work for does the Macintosh technical support for Saturday Night Live. Most of the writers and staff for SNL use Macs.

I know the guy that the skit is based on. He's a trip.

------------------
Damien Barrett
http://www.mrbarrett.com

mac-at-kearsarge  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2000, 07:13 PM

<blink><F�NT COLOR="RED">SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH</FONT></BLINK>

YOU WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

HEY LISTEN! YOU <BLINK><FONT COLOR="BLUE">G</COLOR><FONT COLOR="GREEN">O</FONT><FONT COLOR="YELLO">T</FONT><FONT COLOR="RED">T</FONT><FONT COLOR="PURPLE">A</FONT></BLINK> HOOK ME UP. IF NOT BECAUSE OF ME BEING A FELLO MAC LOVER, BECAUSE OF MY CREATIVE USE OF HTML IN THIS POST!
iGeek

Forum Links
Forum Rules