Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: (3) iBook G4 Laptops- 1.33Ghz/40GB HD/1GB Ram/Combo/AppleCare

FS: (3) iBook G4 Laptops- 1.33Ghz/40GB HD/1GB Ram/Combo/AppleCare
celliott47
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2007, 12:02 AM

All three sold- Thanks

I have three 12" G4 iBooks for sale. They are all three in excellent condition and come with original packing, DVD Software, powercords, etc. Everything they came with when purchased new.

Each has the following specs:
- 1.33 Ghz
- 40GB Hd
- 1GB Ram
- Combo drives
- Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
- Airport Extreme (802.11g)
- 4X AGP ATI Mobility Radeon 9550 graphics with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM
- The iBook G4 "Mid-2005" models additionally include the "Sudden Motion Sensor" technology that stops the hard drive heads from moving if the notebook is dropped, and the "scrolling Trackpad" that allows one to scroll or pan by touching the trackpad with two fingers instead of one.

Each has light scratches on exterior from normal wear. There are no screen defects- no dead or stuck pixels or scratches. All batteries hold an excellent charge of 3+ hours each.

Each is covered by AppleCare. The units are as follows:
- SOLD Unit #1- AppleCare through 08/23/08, battery recently upgraded to new through Apple recall SOLD
- SOLD Unit #2- AppleCare through 09/16/08, battery was not part of the recall SOLD
- SOLD Unit #3- AppleCare through 02/05/09, battery was not part of the recall SOLD

These are family owned iBooks- we are upgrading to MacBooks.

All AppleCare certificates will be included with each iBook.
$599 each + $25 shipping to continental US States only. I accept PayPal- e-mail me your information and I will in turn send you a PayPal invoice for payment. All other payment is by personal check (item ships when check clears, usually 3-5 days) -or- Money Order- item ships next day. E-mail with questions to: cryinginbaseball (AT) insightbb.com. I will provide serial numbers to interested parties to verify AppleCare coverage if requested.

I have bought and sold several Macs on this forum and can provide references. I am on eBay with feedback rating of 203 under the name celliott (eBay link: eBay Feedback Profile for celliott)
( Last edited by celliott47; May 25, 2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Added PayPal payment option)

xfiftyfour
Forum Regular
May 5, 2007, 01:23 AM

Just wanted to pipe up to vouch for celliott47. I was a bit weary buying via a MO when I purchased a mac mini from him this past december, but he kept me updated throughout and shipped promptly. Everything arrived better than described - it was honestly as if I had bought new (everything was in its plastic, even!).

Great seller - I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again!
15.4-inch Glossy 2.6Ghz MBP w/ 4GB RAM
Dell 2407wfp || (2) 500GB MyBooks || 8GB iPhone w/ SE420s

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2007, 02:05 AM

Thanks xfiftyfour for the unsolicited endorsement. Much appreciated! I really hope to avoid the eBay option.

xfiftyfour
Forum Regular
May 5, 2007, 03:22 AM

No problem. I just didn't want anyone overlooking your sale because of the lack of a PayPal option, and I know I often feel better after hearing first-hand accounts from others that have had successful transactions (other than on eBay).

Good luck.
15.4-inch Glossy 2.6Ghz MBP w/ 4GB RAM
Dell 2407wfp || (2) 500GB MyBooks || 8GB iPhone w/ SE420s

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2007, 01:04 PM

I made a price adjustment- so if you are interested, let me know. In a couple of days these are going to eBay. Thanks.

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 6, 2007, 09:00 PM

One sold- 2 to go.

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 7, 2007, 09:51 PM

Just a note to update this listing. I am now receiving PayPal payments. Hope that makes a difference for you. Email or PM me if you want to complete a purchase and I will set up payment through PayPal. Thanks.

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 8, 2007, 10:59 AM

Going to eBay Wednesday night- anyone?

LiquidIce1337
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2007, 04:35 PM

if I had the money I would deal with you, you seem like an honest seller and those are good prices. Although, I am trying to sell my laptop pc or trade for a mac laptop. hopefully I'll get some luck. best of luck to you

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 8, 2007, 10:32 PM

Last price adjustment before eBay- I'd really rather not mess with it but. . .

$599 shipped (ie- shipping included). Let me know as these are planned to go on eBay Wed. night unless I get some inquiries.

Thanks, gang.

Sleepkyng
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2007, 07:10 PM

I have a friend looking for an ibook

i'll talk to him tomorrow and let you know.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
May 9, 2007, 07:42 PM

That's a good price. I may pick up one of these, depending on what my classes are next year (I should know soon).

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 9, 2007, 10:16 PM

Thanks Sleep & mitch- I was planning to put these on eBay tonight, but I will hold off. These have been great Macs for us and I really don't want to have to go the eBay route. But I do need to sell them. I will hold off a couple of days. Please let me know as soon as you are able. I have them pretty much boxed and ready to go.

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 10, 2007, 09:37 PM

mulletman13- PM response sent. Thanks

mike74
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2007, 10:08 AM

pm sent

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2007, 01:44 PM

mike74- PM response.

Both iBooks are still here, but I'm going to eBay if nothing happens in the next couple of days. Thanks

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2007, 08:41 PM

mike74- back at you with another PM response.

Indohottie
Dedicated MacNNer
May 14, 2007, 04:15 PM

pm sent..
Blackbook 1 gb Ram, 100 gig HD
1.66 CD Mac Mini 2 gb Ram 80gig HD SD
Da Blog

irunat2am
Mac Enthusiast
May 16, 2007, 10:04 AM

I know this is a complete noobie question..but what is the main difference between and ibook and a macbook or powerbook.

Are they just older models (which isn't a big deal) ?

I am looking to finally, for the first time ever, switch over to the apple side of the computer world.

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 16, 2007, 10:18 AM

iBook discontinued: G4 processor, 12.1" LCD
MacBook: current product, Intel processor, 13" LCD

Here is a good place for overall specs. Look under iBook and MacBook:
Apple Macintosh Computer Specs & Apple Display Specs @ EveryMac.com

If interested in either of my iBooks, please let meknow ASAP, they are going to eBay tonight otherwise. I would entertain a price decrease to $575 shipped if anyone is interested at that price.

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 16, 2007, 10:28 AM

Indohottie- I tried to send you a PM, but your box is full and it would not go through. Thanks

Indohottie
Dedicated MacNNer
May 16, 2007, 11:29 AM

cleared out the inbox.. sorry.. feel free to send away
Blackbook 1 gb Ram, 100 gig HD
1.66 CD Mac Mini 2 gb Ram 80gig HD SD
Da Blog

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 16, 2007, 02:07 PM

Indohottie- PM sent

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 17, 2007, 06:26 PM

morphineseason - PM sent

I have one of the iBooks left, it is the unit #3 listed in the original message at the top of this thread. Going to eBay tonight or tomorrow night. Unit #1 was sold on eBay last night. Thanks.

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 17, 2007, 08:50 PM

Looks like the last one is sold. Thanks morphineseason!

morphineseason
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 17, 2007, 09:49 PM

Thank you! I'll be eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Sleepkyng
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2007, 09:30 AM

so they're all gone?

morphineseason
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2007, 10:46 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received the iBook today and I'm typing this message on it right now. Celliot47 is a great seller and I would gladly do business with him again. He stayed in constant contact with me and quickly answered all of my questions with friendly responses, even while he had a busy schedule. He packed the iBook like a pro (looked like Apple themselves had shipped it) and took extra great care with the shipping packaging as well.

The product itself came as described (24 hours after he sent it none-the-less), although I would say the scratches on the exterior were a little more than "light"...not a big deal though, I'm just a neat freak. The keyboard and everything else are in great shape (even the box looked like new) and the OS came fully restored and ready to use.

Thanks again for the great laptop and the fantastic deal!
Currently own:
iMac 17" Core Duo 1.83GHz - 2GB RAM - 160GB HDD
MacBook 13.3" (Santa Rosa) 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo - 1GB RAM - 120GB HDD
iPod Video - 30gb - 5.5 gen.

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 23, 2007, 10:56 PM

morphineseason: thanks for the nice feedback. I can also vouch for him- a pleasure to do business with. Anyone having future dealings with him should not hesitate based on my experience. As for the scratches- hard to judge I guess- the white cases aren't known for their ability to hold up to useage. I'm also a neat freak when it comes to my Macs, that's why I even kept the twist ties :-)

Glad you are pleased.

morphineseason
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2007, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by celliott47 View Post
morphineseason: thanks for the nice feedback. I can also vouch for him- a pleasure to do business with. Anyone having future dealings with him should not hesitate based on my experience. As for the scratches- hard to judge I guess- the white cases aren't known for their ability to hold up to useage. I'm also a neat freak when it comes to my Macs, that's why I even kept the twist ties :-)

Glad you are pleased.
hahaha another thing I forgot to mention...celliot includes every original bit of packaging, including the sealable bags, twist ties, and plastic protector caps. If I didn't know any better I'd assume Steve Jobs packed it himself . It's nice to know that someone else out there cares about their belongings as much as I do.

Also, just to clarify, the scratches aren't terrible. They're still in the range of light-medium. Shiny things are scratch magnets though, so I really have no problems with it. The main thing is that you were honest and mentioned the scratches in the description...some sellers don't do this at all and it's irritating.

Anyone looking to buy something off of celliot should buy with confidence.
Currently own:
iMac 17" Core Duo 1.83GHz - 2GB RAM - 160GB HDD
MacBook 13.3" (Santa Rosa) 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo - 1GB RAM - 120GB HDD
iPod Video - 30gb - 5.5 gen.

idyll
Senior User
May 24, 2007, 01:42 PM

sent you a pm

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2007, 02:35 PM

A couple of PMs received- all three iBooks are sold. Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules