Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > MWSF 2005 Rollcall

MWSF 2005 Rollcall (Page 2)
Eyenovation
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 8, 2005, 04:03 PM

I'll buy beer for MacNN'rs. Lets meet up. I look like this:
http://me.eyenovation.com/

Quick question -
Is there WiFi access in the Moscone center? In certain parts? Or?

Demonhood  (op)
Administrator
Jan 8, 2005, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by Eyenovation:

Is there WiFi access in the Moscone center? In certain parts? Or?
yes there is. you can theoretically be posting on macnn while steve is giving the keynote.

Eyenovation
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 8, 2005, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by Demonhood:
yes there is. you can theoretically be posting on macnn while steve is giving the keynote.
I'll leave that to you early risers. While I'd love to go, waking up at 5:45 is brutal for a night owl like me.

paully dub
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2005, 06:05 PM

The irony is I'll be so jetlagged that the 11th is probably on of three or four days out of the year where I'd actually be up early enough to go the Keynote. Maybe I'll mug someone outside that looks old and frail.

Adopt-A-Yankee

Demonhood  (op)
Administrator
Jan 10, 2005, 02:40 PM

just a little reminder bump.

keynote people: i'll be in line at 6:30am or so, depending on when i want to leave my comfortable hotel bed. you can look for my nametag, or giant dark blue umbrella (if it's raining). my hair isn't a funky color this year, so that's no help. sorry.

tuesday people: let's meet out in front of the north hall at 12:30. we can decide on lunch from there. if it's raining, we'll meet inside the doors. we can always jog over to the metreon if don't want to go far.

i'll have a few blank nametags for anyone who shows up.

JohnM15141
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2005, 09:22 PM

I went down there this afternoon and picked up my Pass today so I won't hae to worry about it tomorrow I haven't decided what time I will be there yet. Maybe 6:30?
----------------------------------------------------------
"He who is tired of Weird Al, is tired of life"
Homer J. Simpson, the 90's
----------------------------------------------------------

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2005, 10:45 PM

Pretty Cool! Here at the W there are some people on the network... lot's of shared iTunes music! (Ok, maybe I'm easily impressed, but I never saw shared music work before.)

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2005, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by JohnM15141:
I went down there this afternoon and picked up my Pass today so I won't hae to worry about it tomorrow I haven't decided what time I will be there yet. Maybe 6:30?

You picked up your pass? I didnt get mine from ambrosia yet (i wonder if i will get it in time, the mail comes around 2pm in the afternoon.
*sigh* i also went down to borders, but what they gave me was a post card like thing, with a registration number to register online. it says to register before december 10th to receive the badge in the mail. that's long past. so ... i dunno if i'm going to be at macworld... =/ I wonder if they will let me use that free pass postcard thing to get in.

anyone feel like grabbing me a pass (from ambrosia's booth?)
anyways, hopefully someone will post here tonight to let me know what's up.. =(

have a good time guys.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TubaMuffins
Senior User
Jan 10, 2005, 11:35 PM

to those who are going, are you planning on bringing your ibook/powerbook to update to the forums, i dont know if i can wait 6 hours to watch the feed (if the apple site isnt being updated)? do they allow comps into the keynote? cameras? anyway, colo(u)r me jealous.

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 11, 2005, 02:30 AM

I'm sure SOMEONE will provide updates. Then after when the expo is open there are tons of macs which everyone will post from. No worriers by noon the news will be all over the net.

And we will get going to lunch.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2005, 08:50 AM

Originally posted by juanvaldes:
I'm sure SOMEONE will provide updates. Then after when the expo is open there are tons of macs which everyone will post from. No worriers by noon the news will be all over the net.

And we will get going to lunch.

should i still go out and grab lunch with you guys if i dont go to the expo? (seems ambrosia didnt get 'em out to me in time (i didnt get it in the mail)...

dang i grabbed a postcard thingy at borders. maybe i'll go down there and tell 'em that they said it was good for a ticket/badge. why else would they give it to me considering the opening is today...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Link
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2005, 06:31 AM

Looks like I'll be going today Anyone still heading to the expo this late?
Aloha

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2005, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by Link:
Looks like I'll be going today Anyone still heading to the expo this late?

I will be going back again today. I am going to make a new badge (they're collectable, you see) ... lol

I didnt meet up with demonhood and the gang though... Wonder if they are still in the city.

Link
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2005, 12:18 PM

lol, that seems to be the case with demonhood and the gang.
Aloha

Demonhood  (op)
Administrator
Jan 13, 2005, 11:11 PM

i headed back home today, sorry chaps.

nice to meet up with those of you who came on Tuesday though: Cheerios, Juanvaldez, their friend Scott, Montanan, Daimoni (ever so briefly), Stogieman, and Elzinat (random, i know).
and special thanks to Stogieman who let me cut with him in line at the keynote (he arrived at 5. i didn't show up until 6).

pictures coming soon.

Forum Links
Forum Rules