Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Bendy Sci-Fi Stand Thingy

Bendy Sci-Fi Stand Thingy
Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2001, 08:33 PM

I visit your planet to suggest a Bendy Sci-Fi Stand Thingy. This is a stream-of-conciousness post (I'm channeling), so bear with me.

You know, on movies like The Matrix, where there's a wall full of screens at all angles. I want an LCD screen on a bendy "arm" like they put on lamps. Then I can just shove it out of the way. It would hover above my desk (small footprint? Ha!). It would be very futuristic in a retro kind of way (and so, iMac-like) and look great with dual monitors overlapping.

It could go in your lounge and you pull the monitor from behind the sofa (insert digital hub implications here ). A new iMac based on this stand would literally be popping up everywhere. The desirability factor would be huuuuuge (I think).

The ADC cord could go up the middle of the arm. Steel, white or black.

Thoughts?

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 22, 2001, 10:04 PM

Originally posted by Face Ache:
<STRONG>I visit your planet to suggest a Bendy Sci-Fi Stand Thingy. This is a stream-of-conciousness post (I'm channeling), so bear with me.

You know, on movies like The Matrix, where there's a wall full of screens at all angles. I want an LCD screen on a bendy "arm" like they put on lamps. Then I can just shove it out of the way. It would hover above my desk (small footprint? Ha!). It would be very futuristic in a retro kind of way (and so, iMac-like) and look great with dual monitors overlapping.

It could go in your lounge and you pull the monitor from behind the sofa (insert digital hub implications here ). A new iMac based on this stand would literally be popping up everywhere. The desirability factor would be huuuuuge (I think).

The ADC cord could go up the middle of the arm. Steel, white or black.

Thoughts? </STRONG>

been done - seen it at MWNY, mounted on an articulated arm for designing better workspaces. It was pretty cool.

lcd arms
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

Face Ache  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2002, 04:02 AM

Oh it's been done? Forget it then.
http://www.macedition.com/nmr/nmr_20020114.php

STAT
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 17, 2004, 02:37 PM

Sounds like you're looking for something such as THIS:

...or something like THIS:

Apple user since 1987

Forum Links