Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Activity monitor missing from Safari

Activity monitor missing from Safari
RobOnTheCape
Senior User
Jul 30, 2012, 05:34 PM

I have Safari 6.0, and I can't find the activity monitor. Has it been taken out of Safari?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 30, 2012, 10:35 PM

Yes.

RobOnTheCape  (op)
Senior User
Jul 31, 2012, 01:43 AM

Is there another way to grab video using Safari without having to open the activity window?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 31, 2012, 03:32 AM

http://fastesttube.kwizzu.com

P
Jul 31, 2012, 04:23 AM

I think ClickToFlash puts a shortcut there for sites it recognizes.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Steeve Patrick
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 31, 2012, 09:38 AM

I have installed Mountain Lion on a different HD thankfully but had updated to Safari 6 on my work Lion HD. Many features missing and pages render poorly. I went back to Safari 5 using Apple's own uninstaller for developers. I use a Mac Pro and because of the lack of support for some of the best new features in Mountain coupled with Safari 6, I can't see how I could use the OS. I'm surprised at how Apple decided to take away many of the features that had people choosing the browser over the competition. Apple seem to be putting all their effort into iOS and changing their desktop OS accordingly. There's no substitute for the Activity window, certainly not for how I use it on many projects. Go back to 5 but the only way is this Uninstaller, otherwise you'll run into many issues. Safari 6 doesn't have enough advantages to make up for all that was stripped away.

RobOnTheCape  (op)
Senior User
Jul 31, 2012, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the info. Is there an uninstaller not for developers?

Steeve Patrick
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 31, 2012, 03:58 PM

No. I'm not sure I could even post the link and I'm not about to give my e-mail on this forum. Use Firefox to google Safari 6 beta uninstaller. The site is in German. I say Firefox because on Safari I'm logged into my gmail account and as such results are filtered regionally and I can't find it that way. Perhaps you would.

Gavin
Mac Elite
Aug 25, 2012, 05:57 AM

The functionality of Activity Monitor is now built into the Web Inspector.

Turn on the developer menu under the advanced tab in the prefs. Now you can access the web inspector via that menu, or right click the web page - it's in the pop up.

Flash vids show up in the "Other" folder listed in the Resources tab (hover the icons to find it). Sometimes WI needs to be open before the movie loads.

Double click the file name to pop it open in a new tab - copy the URL, paste into the downloads list. Voila!

I find it a lot quicker to use than the Activity Monitor - less crap to scroll though.
You can take the dude out of So Cal, but you can't take the dude outta the dude, dude!

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 25, 2012, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
Flash vids show up in the "Other" folder listed in the Resources tab
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It's very annoying.

pendragon
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 26, 2012, 02:29 AM

MacX YouTube Downloader (free) works as advertised http://www.macxdvd.com/free-youtube-...ownloader-mac/

Easy to use, but I still recommend first reading the User Guide.
Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.10.3), iPhone 5 (iOS 8.3)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

lyuser
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2012, 06:45 AM

a general solution for the missing activity monitor list is provided by hetima with SafariStand
https://discussions.apple.com/message/20651191#20651191

CarenTec
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 30, 2012, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by RobOnTheCape View Post
I have Safari 6.0, and I can't find the activity monitor. Has it been taken out of Safari?
1) Open Safari > Preferences. It’ll bring up the Preferences window. Click on the “Advanced” tab and make sure “Show Developer menu in menu bar” is checked.
2) You’ll now see a “Develop” option in the menu. Open this up and choose “Show Page Resources”.
3) This will open up Safari’s new developer toolbar. Safari’s had this toolbar for quite some time, however, with Mountain Lion, it looks like Apple’s added some new features (perhaps most anticipated was a colored view source display). You’ll see a list of the page’s dependencies in the right column. Selecting them will display their contents in the center column.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 30, 2012, 04:01 AM

Already posted in the eighth reply to this thread.

Forum Links
Forum Rules