Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Chooser problem w/Rev A iMac and OS 9

Chooser problem w/Rev A iMac and OS 9
PhilB
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 1999, 09:43 PM

I upgraded my Rev A iMac from 8.6 last week with no initial problems except I had to do a firmware update before I could run the upgrade. Everything seemed to work fine, including my printer: an original Epson 600 with a USB to Parallel cable and software. Then I got around to hooking up my Palm. The desktop pac works great but when I tried to do a hotsync I was told the port was in use. Checking the Chooser I found that I now had an additional port: USB Printer which was running my Epson. The internal printer/modem port was also there but trying to switch the printer to it brought up the "port in use" message. I've tried unplugging the printer, restarting the computer several times...no help. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil

mike301
Nov 14, 1999, 11:28 AM

Are you using Palm MacPac 2.5? You have to use the new version if you're HotSyncing your Palm organiser through a USB adapter on Mac OS 9. You can find MacPac 2.5 in the Extras folder on your Mac OS 9 CD.

Mike.

PhilB  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 1999, 09:45 PM

Thanks Mike,

I really don't remember but I'll check it out tomorrow at the office.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Phil

Forum Links
Forum Rules