Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > US soldier kills rare Bengali Tiger in Iraq

US soldier kills rare Bengali Tiger in Iraq
version
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2003, 09:31 AM

Well, well, the US army has once again shown itself to be a bunch of knobs. The silly sods held a party in the closed Baghdad zoo, one of the drunk soldiers tried to feed the tiger, but had his finger bitten off, and arms mauled. Another soldier did the brave theing, and the same thing that other pratt soldiers do, and killed the poor, rare tiger.

Guess they're running out of Iraqis to kill.
A Jew with a view.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2003, 10:07 AM

Do you have a link? As for the soilders, retards.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2003, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by shmerek:
Do you have a link? As for the soilders, retards.
I know, poor tiger survived countless bombings, and all the terror of war going on around it; and along come some soldiers, holding a very insensitive party, in the zoo, and after their own stupidity, they end the night by killing a tiger.

I couldn't find a link online, but I saw it on our BBC teletext service this morning. I'l have a look around for you, and try post it later.
A Jew with a view.

kvm_mkdb
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2003, 11:26 AM

shmerek
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2003, 11:31 AM

Those jackasses should be charged with cruelty as well as plain stupidity. ****ing idiots.

eklipse
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2003, 11:51 AM

Hey, let's not overreact, the tiger was clearly a terrorist launching an unprovoked attack on coalition forces as they attempted to liberate it.

A true enemy of peace and freedom if I ever saw one.............

eklipse
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2003, 12:18 PM

shmerek
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2003, 01:04 PM

How stupid do you have to be to try and feed a tiger by hand? What a ****wit. Do you think he will get a purple heart for this one? They should of let it chew the guy's arm off instead of shooting it.

Uday's Carcass
Senior User
Location: Frozen storage at Area 51, wrapped in pigskin. My damned soul is never getting out of the Great Satan.
Sep 20, 2003, 01:19 PM

he'll be going home with those kinds of injuries. maybe even discharged.

Linfidels harken! 'The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.'

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2003, 01:20 PM

Yeeeee-haw! Pickups and beer and guns. It's what freedom's all about.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 20, 2003, 03:25 PM

"He's comin' right for us!"

*BLAM*

-s*

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2003, 06:55 PM

Although the context is slightly different: "Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right, unless you were going all the way. Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole ****in' program."

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 20, 2003, 06:57 PM

I hear Tony is PISSED.

pooka
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2003, 07:20 PM

Who cares? It was a cat. If anything they should be disciplined for attempting to feed it.

And we don't know the whole story. Perhaps it was a scientific kill. You know, to study the eating habits of a caged tiger.

New, Improved and Legal in 50 States

moki
Ambrosia - el Presidente
Sep 20, 2003, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by version:
Well, well, the US army has once again shown itself to be a bunch of knobs. The silly sods held a party in the closed Baghdad zoo, one of the drunk soldiers tried to feed the tiger, but had his finger bitten off, and arms mauled. Another soldier did the brave theing, and the same thing that other pratt soldiers do, and killed the poor, rare tiger.

While I agree it was a drunken stupid thing to do, and the officers involved should be reprimanded, I find it extremely inaccurate and distasteful for you to say "Guess they're running out of Iraqis to kill"

I realize that you're unlikely to let the truth of the situation interfere with your ideological bent, but if the US soldiers wanted to kill Iraqis, they would be dead.

The fact is that the military has shown incredible restraint, and is trying to rebuild the country.

In short, the officers involved should be disciplined, it is sad that a rare lion is killed. It is equally sad that people will distort reality to fit their agenda.
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2003, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by moki:
...it is sad that a rare lion is killed.

I didn't know they had lions in Bangaldesh. I'll have to tell my Bangaladeshi coworker about this.

BlackGriffen

This post was brought to you by the Engage Brain Before Touching Keyboard Coalition.

pooka
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2003, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by BlackGriffen:
I didn't know they had lions in Bangaldesh.
Lame.
Lion... tiger... cockroach. Same difference.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Sep 20, 2003, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by pooka:
Lame.
Lion... tiger... cockroach. Same difference.
US soldier kills rare Bengali Cockroach in Iraqi Zoo!

Why the hell do the Iraqis keep cockroaches in zoos?

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2003, 11:45 PM

Originally posted by nonhuman:
US soldier kills rare Bengali Cockroach in Iraqi Zoo!

Why the hell do the Iraqis keep cockroaches in zoos?
Because after we invaded, they can't afford anything else!

... .. .....

It sounded funny when I first typed it up, now I'm just sad.

BG

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2003, 12:16 AM

I really hope these idiots are diciplined... for their reckless acts.

Though I doubt they will.

The soldier who got his finger bit off should be billed for all medical expenses, as well as any damage to his uniform. Then dishonorably discharged for an act of stupidity.

Same with his collegue.

America has enough soldiers that we don't need anyone that stupid. Perhaps discharge them, and just leave them in Iraq. Let them work to raise money to fly back home. Why should tax payers fund this BS?

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2003, 01:05 AM

...one of the drunk soldiers tried to feed the tiger, but had his finger bitten off, and arms mauled.
I hope this isn't an indicator of the intelligence level of the soldiers over there

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2003, 07:35 AM

I don't know much but I'm guessing Iraq is a bit of a dangerous place for US soldiers. Why are they cruising around drunk and armed? Is this how innocent Iraqis get killed? By making sudden moves in front of drunk Americans?

shmerek
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2003, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by Dale Sorel:
I hope this isn't an indicator of the intelligence level of the soldiers over there
Seems like it to me.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 21, 2003, 10:30 PM

Originally posted by macvillage.net:
I really hope these idiots are diciplined... for their reckless acts.

Though I doubt they will.

The soldier who got his finger bit off should be billed for all medical expenses, as well as any damage to his uniform. Then dishonorably discharged for an act of stupidity.

Same with his collegue.

America has enough soldiers that we don't need anyone that stupid. Perhaps discharge them, and just leave them in Iraq. Let them work to raise money to fly back home. Why should tax payers fund this BS?
"You doubt he will" because you have no idea about how the military operates, except for what you see in movies. I can guarantee that this soldier will be court-martialed and dishonorably discharged. Stupidity gets people booted all the time. I know a guy that was court-martialed, thrown in the brig 120 days, discharged dishonorably, for shooting a raccoon while on maneuvers.

As for his "collegue", you want him punished for saving a human life? The situation shouldn't have happened, the soldier that got mauled shouldn't done what he did, but the second guy was just supposed to stand there and watch a man be ripped apart by a tiger? If you saw someone in trouble, even if it's their own stupidity, and you had the means to save them, you wouldn't? What a humanitarian...

Yeah, this is an incredibly stupid thing to do, and I certainly hope that this idiot gets court-martialed, but to make mass judgment of the intelligence of the entire US Army is a little childish. Give me your occupation, and enough time for a google search, and I can probably find people just as stupid or stupider in your chosen career field.

I know you guys want to post as much negative about the US in Iraq as you can, but you're really stretching. With all the media outlets at your disposal, this is the best you could come up with?

Nemo me impune lacesset

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2003, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by ThinkInsane:
I know you guys want to post as much negative about the US in Iraq as you can, but you're really stretching. With all the media outlets at your disposal, this is the best you could come up with?
No, this is just #341 on the list of stupid things the US military has done so far in Iraq.

Don't worry though, we'll move on.

#342 couldn't be more than a day away...

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 21, 2003, 11:01 PM

Considering these "stupid" soldiers took over Iraq, that doesn't say much for the people who tried to fight against them.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 21, 2003, 11:39 PM

You won't find any French or German soldiers causing trouble in Iraq - you can bank on that.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 21, 2003, 11:55 PM

Originally posted by Face Ache:
No, this is just #341 on the list of stupid things the US military has done so far in Iraq.

Don't worry though, we'll move on.

#342 couldn't be more than a day away...
Exactly.

Nemo me impune lacesset

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2003, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Considering these "stupid" soldiers took over Iraq, that doesn't say much for the people who tried to fight against them.
They didn't fight then, but they're fighting now. The US walked into a trap in case you hadn't noticed. You won the battle but you're at risk of losing the war. Anyone taking a superpower on toe-to-toe will fail. There's cheaper, safer alternatives (see: terrorism, guerilla warfare).

At the moment the US is putting out fire with gasoline. When the dust settles in Iraq will you really be safer from terrorism?

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2003, 12:12 AM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
You won't find any French or German soldiers causing trouble in Iraq - you can bank on that.
Don't think the Iraqis aren't thankful for that, although at the moment they'd probably like to be liberated by Old Europe from the Americans.

Could you imagine Iraqis dancing on the streets because the UN rolled into town to take over? GWB must ensure that doesn't happen.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2003, 12:16 AM

You can bank on that. What is your point? That the french and germans aren't dumb enough to try to feed tigers with their bare hands?

AutoJC
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2003, 09:28 AM

They should have fed the tiger Uday and Qusay.
AutoJC

Pure Democracy Is Collectivist Mob Rule-
Capitalism.org

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2003, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by moki:
While I agree it was a drunken stupid thing to do, and the officers involved should be reprimanded, I find it extremely inaccurate and distasteful for you to say "Guess they're running out of Iraqis to kill"

I realize that you're unlikely to let the truth of the situation interfere with your ideological bent, but if the US soldiers wanted to kill Iraqis, they would be dead.

The fact is that the military has shown incredible restraint, and is trying to rebuild the country.

In short, the officers involved should be disciplined, it is sad that a rare lion is killed. It is equally sad that people will distort reality to fit their agenda.

Bollocks mate, I've got several cousins in the Royal Marines in Iraq just now, and the US army ar eth lauging stock of the other coaltion troops. I just saw a British commander putting his head in his hands when the US troops were firing randomly, as though they were on a night out in downtown Somalia. Restraint? Nope, wrong, do you call shooting into a crowd of demonstrators, restraint? I could list, and list all the silly thigns these supposedly trained troops get up to, but it's pointless. They are a joke to the rest of the world.
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2003, 09:49 AM

With all the media outlets at your disposal, this is the best you could come up with?

No.
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2003, 09:50 AM

True, cause they aren't as thick.
A Jew with a view.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 22, 2003, 10:52 AM

Bollocks mate, I've got several cousins in the Royal Marines in Iraq just now, and the US army ar eth lauging stock of the other coaltion troops. I just saw a British commander putting his head in his hands when the US troops were firing randomly, as though they were on a night out in downtown Somalia. Restraint? Nope, wrong, do you call shooting into a crowd of demonstrators, restraint? I could list, and list all the silly thigns these supposedly trained troops get up to, but it's pointless. They are a joke to the rest of the world.
Oh, your cousins in the Royal Marines says so, so it must be true?

Here's a clue for you mate: The American soldiers in Iraq are saying the same thing about the Royal Marines. They are also saying the same thing about the American Marines. The American Marines are saying the same thing about the American soldiers. And the Royal Marines. The US Navy is sitting off shore saying the same things about all of them. The Air Force is flying over head saying it about every one on land and sea.

Outside of the obvious expertise you have gained by having cousins in the service, you don't seem to know how this works. Everybody thinks they are the best (with the exception of the US Marine Corps., to whom it's simply a statement of fact ) and they will all bag on one another every chance they get. Doesn't necessarily mean that it's true.
Nemo me impune lacesset

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2003, 10:58 AM

Oh, your cousins in the Royal Marines says so, so it must be true?

Here's a clue for you mate: The American soldiers in Iraq are saying the same thing about the Royal Marines. They are also saying the same thing about the American Marines. The American Marines are saying the same thing about the American soldiers. And the Royal Marines. The US Navy is sitting off shore saying the same things about all of them. The Air Force is flying over head saying it about every one on land and sea.

Outside of the obvious expertise you have gained by having cousins in the service, you don't seem to know how this works. Everybody thinks they are the best (with the exception of the US Marine Corps., to whom it's simply a statement of fact ) and they will all bag on one another every chance they get. Doesn't necessarily mean that it's true.
Nah, here's a little insight for you pal, I was in the Marines too, and the first gulf war, and most of my fmaily are in the armed forces. The Americans don't tlak about the RM like that, cause thwy know they need the hardware to back up such stupidity. Also, I don't see the RM on TV being laughed at, our troops coming under attack for the most stupid practises, I don't see the RM coming across as complete loons; but I do see the US Marines like that. Funny that, hey.
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2003, 11:04 AM

TI, want me to list just some of the absolute nonsense that your proud little soldiers get up to? How about we start at the first Gulf War? And let's compare to the rest of the coalition troops. Hope you're up for how your troosp are complete pricks, cause they are, and I was sickened by their lack of inteligence, and decorum.
A Jew with a view.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2003, 11:05 AM

"You doubt he will" because you have no idea about how the military operates, except for what you see in movies. I can guarantee that this soldier will be court-martialed and dishonorably discharged. Stupidity gets people booted all the time. I know a guy that was court-martialed, thrown in the brig 120 days, discharged dishonorably, for shooting a raccoon while on maneuvers.

As for his "collegue", you want him punished for saving a human life? The situation shouldn't have happened, the soldier that got mauled shouldn't done what he did, but the second guy was just supposed to stand there and watch a man be ripped apart by a tiger? If you saw someone in trouble, even if it's their own stupidity, and you had the means to save them, you wouldn't? What a humanitarian...

Yeah, this is an incredibly stupid thing to do, and I certainly hope that this idiot gets court-martialed, but to make mass judgment of the intelligence of the entire US Army is a little childish. Give me your occupation, and enough time for a google search, and I can probably find people just as stupid or stupider in your chosen career field.

He shot that raccoon on a US Military base? Then he distroyed United States property.

That's different then killing an animal in a different country.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 22, 2003, 11:13 AM

No, he shot a raccoon during field maneuvers, which were not on a US military base. If you want, I can give you his phone number, and you can get all the info you want, right from the source.
Nemo me impune lacesset

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2003, 12:49 PM

How about the US soldier that shot a woman in the forehead, as she was pleading for her life? I was there, in the first Gulf War, and me and my unit were aghast. We pulled him off her as he started pumping more shells into her, his American colleagues standing by, laughing. Sickened we were. Or how about the US soldiers that were ordered to not shoot anything in a highly civilian area due to the so-called enemy not being apparent? I remember clearly watching a young US marine off-loading his weapon onto a Mercedes car as it passed, without provocation.

Anyway, I have plenty more stories like that, where was the restraint? the training? hopefully next time, the US won't be sending in young minds from some backwater, who have been filled with hate, and revenge, and an ignorance of who they are fighting.
A Jew with a view.

pooka
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2003, 02:54 PM

Wow. So the american unit was full of crazy dumbshits who shot civilians and your unit was full of pussies who just stood by and watched. Crazy ****, man.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 22, 2003, 05:54 PM

Nah, here's a little insight for you pal, I was in the Marines too, and the first gulf war, and most of my fmaily are in the armed forces. The Americans don't tlak about the RM like that, cause thwy know they need the hardware to back up such stupidity. Also, I don't see the RM on TV being laughed at, our troops coming under attack for the most stupid practises, I don't see the RM coming across as complete loons; but I do see the US Marines like that. Funny that, hey.
Oh goody, a pissing match

Yeah, that's right, you got it down square. The US Marines are far too terrified of the snaggle toothed, inbred, convicts that make it into the Royal Marines and would never say anything disparaging about them. We often appreciate the way the keep the rear secure while we go off and do the fighting. It's easy to laugh while others lead the way...
Nemo me impune lacesset

thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2003, 06:43 PM

These extreme caricatures blur the point entirely.

Yes, there are plenty of stupid Marines. Yes, there are plenty of competent intelligent Marines.

I even suspect there are some twits in the RM too, but don't tell anyone.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -- Hunter S. Thompson

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Sep 22, 2003, 07:22 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Sep 5, 2004 at 07:47 PM. )

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2003, 07:40 PM

Interesting but completely unrelated fact: pouring gasoline on a match can put it out. This is because the fumes are what burns, and there are no fumes under the fuel. So, in order to ignite liquid gasoline, the fire has to have enough energy to both vaporized the gasoline and then ignite the vapor.

Obviously, adding a match to gasoline means problems because thats where the vapors are, and so does pouring gas on a fire that is too big.

Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt the fighting. Carry on.

BG

P.S. Please don't blame me if you blow your stupid @ss up trying this. I've never done it, but I'm reasonably certain that it's true.

pooka
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2003, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by BlackGriffen:
P.S. Please don't blame me if you blow your stupid @ss up trying this.
I tried this years ago and I'm still able to shoot people the bird just fine. All is good. Mostly.

Uday's Carcass
Senior User
Location: Frozen storage at Area 51, wrapped in pigskin. My damned soul is never getting out of the Great Satan.
Sep 22, 2003, 08:57 PM

no freaking way you were in the Marines. the corps doesn't take trash like you. with your attitude towards your country and the soldiers downrange taking fire, you sound like a Tim McVeigh wanna-be.

Linfidels harken! 'The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.'

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2003, 09:35 PM

Australians don't like fighting alongside Americans either I'm afraid. We'll go along to a to war with them, but you won't find Aussie troops fighting anywhere near the Americans. The Yanks are trigger happy. Everyone knows that, don't they?

pooka
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2003, 10:31 PM

Originally posted by Face Ache:
Everyone knows that, don't they?
I don't know what continent you've been living on. 9 out of 10 members of the world's armed forces agree. Aussies are by far the most ballz out psycho nutters with guns. I've seen "Chopper". We aint got nuttin' on you guys.

Forum Links
Forum Rules