Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > US rebukes Saudi over Religious freedom.

US rebukes Saudi over Religious freedom. (Page 2)
deedar
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2004, 01:10 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
Not really.
I figured as much.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 01:26 PM

Here is another link for you deedar.

http://www.houseofbush.com/

Read it.

So yes, my comments weren't just "BS"

deedar
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2004, 02:00 PM

Your comments:

Wait, I thought the US was Saudi's puppet...

What is this.. us coming against them!?!?

Where are the spins?

The Liberals of course!

I was told Bush was big pals with the Saudis and that we kiss their butt.

...are sarcastic, argumentative and juvenile. Indeed they are BS.

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by deedar:

Not at all. Quite a few liberals tote that line.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 02:17 PM

I proved they weren't.

Go read the site. I don't know HOW many people on the left I heard make such claims.

Unless you can provide proof to back up your assertions, go home.

Either put up or shut up.

THX.

deedar
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2004, 03:09 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
I proved they weren't.

Go read the site. I don't know HOW many people on the left I heard make such claims.

THX.
Mercy, mercy me.

Why can't I just rememebr to never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 03:12 PM

Mercy, mercy me.

Why can't I just rememebr to never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...
You obviously didn't take my advice. Instead of proving me wrong (Which you have failed to do) You start personally attacking.

Typical of the left.

You are teh lose.

AGAIN, either show some facts and disprove what I said, or stop running your piehole.

You are just dig your own hole each time you make an idiotic post like that.

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 03:14 PM

You obviously didn't take my advice. Instead of proving me wrong (Which you have failed to do) You start personally attacking.

Typical of the left.

You are teh lose.

AGAIN, either show some facts and disprove what I said, or stop running your piehole.

You are just your own hole each time you make an idiotic post like that.
Yep, somebody provides evidence, while somebody else provides idiotic insults. What is the use in even debating with people like that.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 03:15 PM

Yup, deedar is on a roll.

A roll of inane posts.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Sep 16, 2004, 03:26 PM

Prove to me that the United States isn't a puppet of Saudi Arabia.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
Lawl! Thanks for proving my point OlePigeon.

There you have it deedar, yet another lefty making such an accusation.

Where is my apology at?

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 03:31 PM

Hey Deedar ? Hello ? Earth to Deedar - - - - nanu, nanu

Above is further proof.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 16, 2004, 03:33 PM

please stay on topic
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by voodoo:
please stay on topic
It is on topic, and who made you mod. Bugger off.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 03:34 PM

This is EVEN FUNNIER.

In order:

Where are the spins?
Where the hell do you get your information from?
The Liberals of course!

I was told Bush was big pals with the Saudis and that we kiss their butt.
He makes it up.
THEN ON THE NEXT PAGE

Classic.

dcolton
Banned
Sep 16, 2004, 03:35 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:
LMAO

What was the topic again?

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 03:36 PM

Heh if I was the one being proved wrong, voodoo wouldn't have mentioned it. Don't fall for it.

He just doesn't like it that "his side" is making an ass out of themselves.

Must... distract...
( Last edited by Zimphire; Sep 16, 2004 at 03:41 PM. )

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 16, 2004, 03:36 PM

no the topic has nothing to do with if some people think or do not think Saudi Arabia has too much influence in US politics and decision making. It is about the US chastising Saudi Arabia for lack of religious freedom.

Oh and I'll have to report you for that.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 03:37 PM

Oh and I'll have to report you for that.
You GOT to be kidding.

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 03:38 PM

Originally posted by dcolton:
LMAO

What was the topic again?
The topic is apparently some dude on some insane anti-USA rant, defending the actions of a bunch of bigots in Saudi Arabia.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 16, 2004, 03:39 PM

The topic is apparently some dude on some insane anti-USA rant, defending the actions of a bunch of bigots in Saudi Arabia.
Riiight, well a lot closer than before. So stay on it.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Sep 16, 2004, 03:51 PM

Classic.
You said you want people to prove something, or shut up and go home. I want you to prove that the United States isn't at political mercy with the Saudi Arabians.

To save you the time, you can't. Our relations with Saudi Arabia is completely subjective and can not, by any means, be "proven." Because you provide a link to some website, or a link to liberal or conservative website, then call it "proof" is laughable. You're sampling from such an extremely large pool of opinion and character, that any shred of "proof" that you provide is inadmissible.

You are, obviously, very capable of providing a supported opinion, however biased it is.

So you need to stop the high-and-mighty attitude.

dcolton
Banned
Sep 16, 2004, 03:54 PM

I don't understand. What exactly do you guys want the US to do in regards to SA? We push for freedom, we are evil. We keep an open dialogue with them and we are not doing enough to reform the government. What do you want us to do?

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 16, 2004, 04:00 PM

I don't understand. What exactly do you guys want the US to do in regards to SA? We push for freedom, we are evil. We keep an open dialogue with them and we are not doing enough to reform the government. What do you want us to do?
Evil? Nah, just meddlers. Look as long as this is only a dialogue between the US and SA, nobody could care less. => The US is not evil.

OR

The US could force a regime change in SA through military force. That would not be out of character looking at the most recent actions of the Bush administration but hugely stupid if not sanctioned by the UNSC. By breaking laws you become the bad guy. Invade with the support of the UNSC and everybody loves you.

See this isn't and never was a catch22 situation, rather an 'the end does not justify the means' situation. It was and is all about HOW one does things not that one does things.

deedar
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2004, 04:09 PM

Lawl! Thanks for proving my point OlePigeon.

There you have it deedar, yet another lefty making such an accusation.

Where is my apology at?
At is a preposition and does not belong at the end of a sentence.

Be that as it may, where exactly did olePigeon make an accusation? He simply asked you to "Prove to me that the United States isn't a puppet of Saudi Arabia."

dcolton
Banned
Sep 16, 2004, 04:10 PM

Evil? Nah, just meddlers. Look as long as this is only a dialogue between the US and SA, nobody could care less. => The US is not evil.

OR

The US could force a regime change in SA through military force. That would not be out of character looking at the most recent actions of the Bush administration but hugely stupid if not sanctioned by the UNSC. By breaking laws you become the bad guy. Invade with the support of the UNSC and everybody loves you.

See this isn't and never was a catch22 situation, rather an 'the end does not justify the means' situation. It was and is all about HOW one does things not that one does things.
Your so full of sh!t it amazes me!

No other nation will be happy with US policy unless it is them who defines it or benefits from it. It is too easy to attack the US! It is too easy to be a Monday night quarterback when you have nothing to do with the game. In other words, it doesn't matter what the US does because there will always be the haters out there who want to create the perception that the US is evil.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 16, 2004, 04:25 PM

Your so full of sh!t it amazes me!

No other nation will be happy with US policy unless it is them who defines it or benefits from it. It is too easy to attack the US! It is too easy to be a Monday night quarterback when you have nothing to do with the game. In other words, it doesn't matter what the US does because there will always be the haters out there who want to create the perception that the US is evil.
That is so pessimistic of you!

Now through the years the US foreign military policy hasn't been all that brilliant. It has had its ups and downs. The ups being perhaps Korea and Iraq '91 - but both were ended before they were concluded in a satisfactory manner. Saddam still at large and N-Korea in the hands of commies, not just commies - insane commies with bad hairdos.

The downs are Vietnam and Iraq 2003. Looking at the world as a whole then I got to admit that there will always be those who hate the US but then that applies to any country that invades another. I'm sure there are still Afghanis that are really angry towards Russia even today and Iranians that hate the Iraqis etc. You are not alone here - you invade a country and you will be added to someone's black list. Goes without saying.

Not everyone hates you for that. You can count on the invaded country and its supporters to be angry but the rest of the world - the vast majority is one your side. As long as you play by the rules that have kept the world from a WW for more than 60 years. People died for those international laws and treaties and for the creation of the UN. Conciously breaking those agreements is asking for a heck of a lot of negative sentiments. Not hatred, but the disrespect you show is palpable.

This isn't a catch 22. There are ways of achieveing every PNAC goal without breaking international law and going hand to hand with the UN. It simply takes more time than the Bush administration has so they chose the express route and called everybody else Anti-American to defend their choices.

But what do I know I'm full of crap no?

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 05:41 PM

You said you want people to prove something, or shut up and go home. I want you to prove that the United States isn't at political mercy with the Saudi Arabians.

OP The thing is, I never said EITHER WAY. So I am not opt to prove anything. Unlike what you and deeder have been doing in here.

To save you the time, you can't. Our relations with Saudi Arabia is completely subjective and can not, by any means, be "proven." Because you provide a link to some website, or a link to liberal or conservative website, then call it "proof" is laughable. You're sampling from such an extremely large pool of opinion and character, that any shred of "proof" that you provide is inadmissible.

AGAIN I HAVEN'T SAID EITHER WAY.

You are, obviously, very capable of providing a supported opinion, however biased it is.

So you need to stop the high-and-mighty attitude.
High and mighty attitude? I was told I was making things up OP, and when I proved I wasn't, I was STILL told I was making things up.

It's not me being high and mighty. It's deedar never conceding he is wrong. Or apologizing to me for making such baseless accusations about me.

Stop trying to spin this into something it's not.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 05:43 PM

At is a preposition and does not belong at the end of a sentence.

Strawman.

Be that as it may, where exactly did olePigeon make an accusation? He simply asked you to "Prove to me that the United States isn't a puppet of Saudi Arabia."
Strawman. I never made any statements EITHER WAY. So there is no need for me to prove something I never said. OP was just trying to spin and distract from what we were originally talking abut because you two were losing that battle so horribly. And now you are trying to do it as well. Sorry, not falling for it.

I said that the left were the ones making such accusations. I was told I was making it up BY YOU. After I proved it was such, you guys are trying to turn this into me questioning if they were or not.

Sorry, that spin doesn't fly here.

So either concede and say you were wrong about the Left making such accusations. Or prove me wrong. (Which you can't do because OP has already made such accusations)

So your next reply should start something like this.

"I apologize Zimphire. I accused you of making stuff up when indeed you were right"

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2004, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by version:
I can't believe the sheer audacity of these dirty US officials. Who do they think they are telling nations, appearing to be the a voice that must be heard in domestic affairs.
(...)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3660458.stm
Thank God it's elections time!

Anything will help!
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 09:51 PM

BTW to get back on track...

I can't believe the sheer audacity of these dirty French officials. Who do they think they are telling nations, appearing to be the a voice that must be heard in domestic affairs.

EDITED

Not that I agree with it, but it could be easily said about most any nation that thinks they have a say.

Heck even the terrorists that think they can control how things are by violence.

This just takes the biscuit this does, telling the Saudis they must allow Christian crosses and churches in the Muslim holy land.

They were offering advice. They aren't trying to FORCE anything.

Tell you what version. What if the US decided to not allow Muslim churches in the sacred US land anymore? You'd be UP IN ARMS calling us names for it and YOU KNOW IT.

Just look at the American losses in Iraq so far, over 1000, let's hope Iraqis manage to kick the pig dogs out of there.

The only pig dogs there are the ones causing trouble. And a 1,000 is a small number compared to the resistances death toll.

They can hardly handle Afghanisan, the Taliban are back in power in many areas, but the US won;t publish the figures of what is happening now.

Got solid proof of this? From an un-biased source?

I think you are being a bit hypocritical.

Ratm
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2004, 09:57 PM

I can't believe the sheer audacity of these dirty US officials. Who do they think they are telling nations, appearing to be the a voice that must be heard in domestic affairs.

I'm sick of this, if it's not Iraq, it;s Iran, now Syria, Sudan, etc. Al these Muslim nations being taken for fools by the dirty right-wing Americans, filthy bastards.

I honestly hope the US doew try to invade Iran, and N. Korea, I hope they spread themselves so thin that they get the utter **** kicked out of them, I really do. Wankers.

This just takes the biscuit this does, telling the Saudis they must allow Christian crosses and churches in the Muslim holy land.

Muslims, wake up, these muthafukcers are taking you for a ride, use what you can to humilate theor filthy deeds.

Just look at the American losses in Iraq so far, over 1000, let's hope Iraqis manage to kick the pig dogs out of there. They can hardly handle Afghanisan, the Taliban are back in power in many areas, but the US won;t publish the figures of what is happening now.

They can hardly hold in to these places, the more the procks try to invade, the more they will lessen their grip. But then, amojngst the lies of war, we'l see the hypocritical Americam arsebandits use thoose weapins they say they are outlawing, WMDs. Of course, all in the name of freedom.

Anyway, had to get this off my chest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3660458.stm

You are the ****ing Man! Thanks for the post.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Sep 16, 2004, 11:13 PM

OP was just trying to spin and distract from what we were originally talking abut because you two were losing that battle so horribly.
You stated "Wait, I thought the US was Saudi's puppet..." Then you blabbed about people having to prove everything before posting. So I asked you to prove that the U.S. wasn't Saudi Arabia's puppet. To which you posted your expected pointing smiley, reply with the expected "comedy gold," response, and, expectedly, completely avoid the question all together blabbing about liberal crap. I never lost an argument because you keep avoiding it.

(Which you can't do because OP has already made such accusations)
I was making a point about you posting crap and calling it "proof" that your idea is the right one.

So your next reply should start something like this.

"I apologize Zimphire. I accused you of making stuff up when indeed you were right"
Perhaps it should be "I apologize Zimphire. I accused you of making stuff up when indeed your opinion has some validity."

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Sep 16, 2004, 11:18 PM

OP The thing is, I never said EITHER WAY. So I am not opt to prove anything. Unlike what you and deeder have been doing in here.
Use your f*cking scroll. I'm sick and tired of quoting you. You said "Wait, I thought the US was Saudi's puppet..." Then you said that people need to show proof before posting, or shut up and go home.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2004, 11:23 PM

You stated "Wait, I thought the US was Saudi's puppet..."

Because that is what you liberals have told me.

Then you blabbed about people having to prove everything before posting.

No I was told I was making things up. So I proved I wasn't. Then I get greeted with personal attacks, so I said well prove me wrong then.

Pay attention.

So I asked you to prove that the U.S. wasn't Saudi Arabia's puppet. To which you posted your expected pointing smiley, reply with the expected "comedy gold," response, and, expectedly, completely avoid the question all together blabbing about liberal crap.

Wow you conveniently forgot about the part when I said I never said they were or weren't. I never said otherwise. So your "prove it wrong" silliness was just that. You trying to find an argument that simply wasn't there.

I never lost an argument because you keep avoiding it.

Whaaa?

Lets go over this again shall we.

I said this

Where are the spins?
You replied with this.
Where the hell do you get your information from?
And the FUNNY thing was. On the NEXT PAGE you came up with this gem.

PROVING MY POINT about the leftists making such comments. SO THAT is where I got my information from.

I was making a point about you posting crap and calling it "proof" that your idea is the right one.

Tell me old bird, what do you THINK I was proving?

Forum Links
Forum Rules