Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod Car

iPod Car
iBill32
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2006, 04:17 PM

I am considering purchasing a so called "direct connect" iPod adapter from www.icarkits.com. Has anyone used one of these? They claim CD quality sound but I have tried enough transmitters to really not want to spend another dime, let alone a 150 dollars unless it will really do cd quality sound. Anyone?

iBill32

rglatter
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2006, 08:19 PM

I have never used one of thse "direct connects" but I have heard good things. Personaly I have a Kenwood CD player and it has an AUX in with RCA cables and that works great. I think that is basicly the same idea as those kits from icarkits.com. Im not sure if those from that website intergate into your head unit in your car so that you can controll your ipod from the car stero but if they do that might be kind of cool. If you are looking for a cheeper soulition I would recomend http://www.myradiostore.us/auxadapters/pie/factory/ which has adapters that will convert a cd changer input into a RCA jack which sounds just fine and it is a bit cheeper than those kits from icarkits.com The site that i linked to is primarly for xm radio gear but any of those adapters that convert it to an RCA jack will work. Hopefully this helps you.

Arju
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2006, 12:25 PM

Try enfigcarstereo.com for cheaper kits that plug into your stock headunit.

I ordered the new Denison model for my new VW Rabbit... maybe I post pics of the install process.

Forum Links
Forum Rules