Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > pages crash on print size change

pages crash on print size change
nuggetman
Forum Regular
Jul 9, 2006, 07:06 PM

Running the latest Pages on the latest Tiger.

When I attempt to change my document to another paper size (either a pre defined one or a custom one), for either any printer, only my HP, or only my Epson, Pages crashes.

This happens on all templates.

This is through either the inspector palate or file > page setup, the result is the same.

I've reinstalled and repatched Pages.

Jonesy
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 10, 2006, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by nuggetman
Running the latest Pages on the latest Tiger.

When I attempt to change my document to another paper size (either a pre defined one or a custom one), for either any printer, only my HP, or only my Epson, Pages crashes.

This happens on all templates.

This is through either the inspector palate or file > page setup, the result is the same.

I've reinstalled and repatched Pages.
This isn't happening for me. Did you trash your preferences as well? Maybe that will help. Maybe your printer drivers could be at fault. Do you have the latest ones from HP or Epson. Seems less likely given that both makes cause the crash. You could also try removing your printers from Printer Setup Utility and re-installing them.

nuggetman  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2006, 09:50 AM

i doubt it's the drivers since it doesn't matter what one is selected when i change

could it have to do with the fact i upgraded CUPS and GIMP Print to the latest version?

Forum Links
Forum Rules