Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > PDF WorkFlow

PDF WorkFlow
BrandonCorbin
Forum Regular
Jan 12, 2005, 10:11 AM

Alright, anyone out there use the PDF Workflow feature in OS X? And if you have, do you have ANY idea how to use it in AppleScript Studio?

Basically, I can get it running fine just using an Applescript with the following code:

Code:
on open these_items repeat with aFile in these_items display dialog "WE made it to the repeat open these items" set pdfLocation to POSIX path of aFile set thisurl to do shell script "curl -F \"fileUpload=@" & pdfLocation & "\" -F \"mcAction=processRemoteFileUpload\" http://www.printfu.org/index.cfm" open location thisurl end repeat end open
However this does not work in Applescript studio. I assume that its just not being passed the Open command? Im am not sure. Any help?

larkost
Mac Elite
Jan 12, 2005, 11:40 AM

How are you calling the code in AppleScript Studio? Remember, in ASStudio apps there is a Obj-C application task managing the run-loop, that is what gets the open command. I am not sure how you wire it up to receive the open event (I am sure there is a way, and it is probably very easy, but I have always focused on non-document projects... my guess is that there is delegate command involved). How that helps point you in the right direction for an answer.

Forum Links
Forum Rules