Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Exchange Public Calendars?

Exchange Public Calendars?
Paco500
Professional Poster
May 26, 2005, 11:18 PM

I desperately need the ability to reliably view public calendars in exchange. Entourage works fine for email, but will not connect to group calendars. I can use OWA, but it kind of blows on anything not IE6 under windows- no month view is my biggest complaint.

GroupCal from snerdware looks ideal, but there is no tiger compatibility and the company appears to have gone awol- they took down their forums and are not responding to email.

1) Does anyone know of any other way to get these exchange calendars on a mac (other than VirtualPC- works great but WAY too slow)?

2) Does anyone know if SnerdWare has kicked the bucket?

-Q-
May 27, 2005, 02:49 PM

Outlook 2001, while requiring classic, works alarmingly well.

Paco500  (op)
Professional Poster
May 27, 2005, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by -Q-
Outlook 2001, while requiring classic, works alarmingly well.

Forgot about that. Hmmmm. Does the classic environment still ship with OSX? I'm not sure I have it. I don't even know where I would find an OS 9 CD, do I need it?

Paco500  (op)
Professional Poster
May 28, 2005, 08:40 PM

Before I even got started, I remember why this option is of little to no use for me- I don't have VPN access. OWA, Entourage and, as I understand it, GroupCal, can all be accessed w/o VPN. Outlook needs to be behind the firewall, and I'm almost never in the office- maybe once every few weeks. Our VPN is, predictibly, Windows only.

-Q-
May 28, 2005, 10:23 PM

Ah, that's too bad. The classic outlook client has worked great for me when I've needed it so I've never had to try the GroupCal option. I saw the Snerdware people had updated their site to say GroupCal didn't work with Tiger, so maybe they're on vacation? Good luck.

Nivag
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2005, 04:25 PM

Has anyone got any more insight on this? Even with the latest version of MS Office and all the updates the Public Calendar is painfully slow at viewing.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 31, 2005, 05:15 PM

iCal. Subscribe to a calendar.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Forum Links
Forum Rules