Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > pesky sync problem

pesky sync problem
Le Flaneur
Senior User
Dec 18, 2006, 06:40 PM

I use The Missing Sync 5.1.1 to sync my Mac with my Treo 650. Despite the best intentions, the people at Mark/Space (developers of The Missing Sync) are unable to help me. My basic problem is that syncing between contacts on my Treo and my Mac OS X address book is unidirectional, i.e. only changes on my Mac are propagated toward the Treo, but not vice versa. Yes, the contacts conduit is set to "sync" and not to "Desktop overwrites handheld." I've tried just about everything, including resetting the iSync history and "nuking" the SyncServices folder in ~/Application Support. The other day, I did noticed the following messages in Console:

2006-12-15 11:54:27.819 iSync[215] Warning: Palm config broken, but no Palm device
2006-12-15 11:54:46.124 iSync[215] Reset button is <NSButton: 0x1669d60>

Deleting iSync preferences fixed the "Palm config broken" message, but the "NSButton" message persists.

Some more clues: when I create a contact on my Treo, it isn't transferred to my Mac. When I delete that newly-created Treo contact, I'll see a message like this in the Console:

2006-12-17 18:48:10.125 Conduit Manager[1868] ISyncSession deleteRecordWithIdentifier: ignoring delete for unknown record Ccom.markspace.missingsync.palmos.contacts_3121853 032_8176708

Please advise. I'm at wit's end with this.

Forum Links
Forum Rules