Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Reasons Why McCain Deserves the Republican Nomination

Reasons Why McCain Deserves the Republican Nomination (Page 5)
peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
To paraphrase Owlgore "the debate on Hilary's Marxist beliefs is over".
Who TF is 'Owlgore'?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2008, 07:27 PM

Isn't an owl a symbol of wisdom?

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 6, 2008, 07:39 PM

Guys, back on topic (McCain and why he deserves the GOP nomination) or I'm locking this thread.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 07:43 PM

He doesn't deserve the nomination.

You may lock the thread now.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2008, 07:43 PM

NM.

Missed the admonition.

Tesselator
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2008, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by peeb View Post
No, you gave me a link to Wikipedia's article on Marxism. I am perfectly aware of what Marxism is, you have just singularly failed to show that Hillary is a Marxist.
No, go back and read. I linked you to a page of links and a page on Hillary and her marxist beliefs..

Oops... didn't see the Mod warning... (but I agree with railhead)

OK...
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it!"
- Thomas Paine

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2008, 08:00 PM

I'm really starting to believe that many people on MacNN are extreme in their thinking, and do not represent the average thinking in our population as a whole at all (the Marxist Hillary thing being a good example of this).

Who here is going to vote for Mike Gravel?

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tesselator View Post
No, go back and read. I linked you to a page of links and a page on Hillary and her marxist beliefs..
I saw the link to a hoax site parodying extremist survivalists and going on about black helicopters and the UN, but nothing with any evidence of Hillary's Marxist beliefs. Come on - link to any mainstream thought, not some bottom-feeding extremist with a website in his Mom's basement.

Tesselator
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2008, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post

Who here is going to vote for Mike Gravel?
Yet another CFR member? Not I. Nor McCain... Keeping it on topic.
M. Gravel is a good entertainer tho. LOL Nothing like reading old
papers on Hitlery Clinton's hidden thesis - Hillary News - MSNBC but
much more entertaining than McCain. At least with Hitlery you
can trace almost everything she has done to an ideal (MARXISM!) but
with McCain and Gravel it's more like watching Bozo's Big Top rather
than identifying a Trotskyite.

Of course if one is stupid and possesses no powers of reasoning other
than what Fox tells one to believe one may miss the entire meaning
and message of an entire political career.
( Last edited by Tesselator; Feb 6, 2008 at 08:36 PM. )
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it!"
- Thomas Paine

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2008, 08:33 PM

I'm really starting to believe that many people on MacNN are extreme in their thinking, and do not represent the average thinking in our population as a whole at all (the Marxist Hillary thing being a good example of this).
Most people who stop to learn about the issues will have a view that's different than average. It's the same way that Swordfish and Hackers probably seemed plausible to most people, but those who actually know about computers take a rather different view.

I figure this is also why McCain is able to get the nomination despite most people who know much about him not seeming all that enthusiastic.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2008, 08:44 PM

Again, stop slinging abuse

You just made Coke spit out of my nose.

And I wasn't even drinking Coke.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2008, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Most people who stop to learn about the issues will have a view that's different than average. It's the same way that Swordfish and Hackers probably seemed plausible to most people, but those who actually know about computers take a rather different view.

I figure this is also why McCain is able to get the nomination despite most people who know much about him not seeming all that enthusiastic.

This is a good point. I only wish that people that people who have stopped to learn about the issues could recognize the complexity of many of the things they feel strongly about, and restrain from simplifying the issue to simplistic emotionally loaded statements (like the Hillary marxist assertion) so that we can actually learn from one another and discuss the issues rationally.

I think Stephen Colbert has managed to start a movement of armies of people that think at one another what is in their guts.

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Feb 6, 2008, 09:01 PM

Mccain is the least conservative of the republicans... acts like last years dems actually. Why has everyone ruled out Ron paul? The most rational guy. I was talking with some republican last week and asked about Paul and they said "who's that? is that that guy that dropped out."

People are just voting for billboards. don't even know what their party stands for any more. I'd at least think the educated repubs would be for Huckabee or Romney. McCain is the same ol bullshit; and all the worst things of a liberal. His personality is kind of scary actually.

It seems like a few years ago I was liberal, and now my same views are considered ultra conservative.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 09:07 PM

Again, stop slinging abuse, and make your case.
You talking to yourself again?

You haven't made any counter argument at all.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by el chupacabra View Post
Why has everyone ruled out Ron paul?
Perhaps because he's won fewer than 20 delegates so far as opposed to McCain's nearly 700?

Or do you mean on a philosophical level? That's been covered quite well in a number of threads, most of which tend to link to vmarks' contributions to the issue.

Tesselator
Mac Enthusiast

This is a good point. I only wish that people that people who have stopped to learn about the issues could recognize the complexity of many of the things they feel strongly about, and restrain from simplifying the issue to simplistic emotionally loaded statements (like the Hillary marxist assertion) so that we can actually learn from one another and discuss the issues rationally.

I think Stephen Colbert has managed to start a movement of armies of people that think at one another what is in their guts.

I think you get his assertion completely backwards. I think he was referring to those
who study and can think for themselves would of course know both as a matter of
observation and study
HILLARY CLINTON'S BIGGEST COVER-UPS
Devvy Kidd -- The Marxist Influence
that Hillary being a Marxist is a blatantly obvious given which anyone knowing their
azz from a dead communist-in-the-ground could abstract.

It would of course also follow that those self same individuals would know that as
he put it McCain is no one to become enthusiastic about.

PS. I don't count Ron Paul out yet.
( Last edited by Tesselator; Feb 6, 2008 at 09:21 PM. )
- Thomas Paine

Chuckit
Clinically Insane

Originally Posted by el chupacabra View Post
Why has everyone ruled out Ron paul? The most rational guy. I was talking with some republican last week and asked about Paul and they said "who's that? is that that guy that dropped out."
I rule out Ron Paul for the same reason I rule out all Libertarian candidates: They come across as totally batshit insane and are totally unelectable.
Chuck
___

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
You talking to yourself again?

You haven't made any counter argument at all.
It's Russell's Teapot - there is not 'counter-argument', because there is no case to answer. No evidence or rationale has been given - there's nothing to argue against. Case dismissed.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 09:16 PM

I rule out Ron Paul for the same reason I rule out all Libertarian candidates: They come across as totally batshit insane and are totally unelectable.
That's not entirely true. Gary Nolan was one of the contenders for the Libertarian party in '04. I think that he came off as very reasonable and quite possibly even electable. Unfortunately Badnarik got the nomination, and he definitely comes off as totally batshit insane (I love how that particular descriptor never seems to apply to anything other than a Libertarian) and is totally unelectable. One of the candidates for the LP nomination this year is George Phillies, and so far as I can tell he seems pretty good too. I'll probably be meeting him next week, so hopefully that will help give me a better idea. But as of right now Phillies is who I want to vote for in November.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2008, 09:26 PM

I think you have it backwards there bub. I gave you links and backed it up. And I can
supply hundreds more. You're saying she isn't just cuz you said so and you haven't heard
anyone say that she is. Rather lame of you to project your own actions onto me.
Links are not an argument. You could use links to support possibly contentious facts used in your argument, but you can't just throw a bunch of links at somebody and go, "There, now you know how wrong you are." An argument should be something similar to "Hillary is a Marxist because she takes stances A, B and C, which are reflected in sections X, Y and Z in the Manifesto."
Chuck
___

Tesselator
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2008, 09:28 PM

It's Russell's Teapot - there is not 'counter-argument', because there is no case to answer. No evidence or rationale has been given - there's nothing to argue against. Case dismissed.
I think you should reread my last message since it's changed. And I agree with
all the others here - Whom say you have no case yet propound only that which
you wish were true lacking any attempt of proof.

You can repeat yourself over and over, call people names, and be generally rude tho.
- Thomas Paine

Tesselator
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2008, 09:35 PM

Links are not an argument. You could use links to support possibly contentious facts used in your argument, but you can't just throw a bunch of links at somebody and go, "There, now you know how wrong you are." An argument should be something similar to "Hillary is a Marxist because she takes stances A, B and C, which are reflected in sections X, Y and Z in the Manifesto."
Hmmm... ok. You're trying to make it into a real debate instead of just a discussion.

I guess I can see the fun in that. K, next time... since you already said we couldn't
talk about Hillary in a McCain thread... Or?

--
PS. My links weren't an effort to say how wrong he was so much as how actually
many others do indeed know Hillary for her Marxist ideals - which he proclaimed
was untrue.
- Thomas Paine

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 11:41 PM

as i said before about the "Vast Left wing Media" and their love for McCain. They love him now, but just wait.
The media is pushing McCain now. Once he has secured the nomination they will turn on him.
He will be:
too old
too angry
Keating Five - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They'll dub him Captain Queeg

When Bill was running, Hilary was off limits. The media will mercilessly savage Cindy McCain
They will bring up her drug addiction and that she was stealing drugs from the charity she was running to support her habit.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 11:46 PM

Who TF is 'Owlgore'?
45/47

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy View Post
McCain will lose on "super-duper Tuesday" - just barely.

Ignore the polls. they haven't been right within 5% yet.

Romney will catch a wave and he will defeat Clinton or Obama in the general election.

Mark my words. Bookmark this page.
Done. Now what?

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 7, 2008, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by PaperNotes View Post

McCain is a hero. I'm not American but that is my opinion. He voluntarily put himself through years of torture and degradation when his capturers gave him a chance to leave because he held fast to his principles. It is McCain who pushed for the surge in Iraq which has been largely successful so far and has cut terrorist incidents massively. I wish McCain was there instead of Bush in the first place. Hilary the Hilarious Clinton wants to reverse this process and let Iraq slide back into anarchy. She's an irresponsible lying witch who voted for the war that her husband should have seen through years ago and now she wants to wreck everything that so many brave people and victims have died over.
Benedict Arnold was a war hero but that did not exempt him from condemnation for his later betrayal.

Being a war hero is not a lifetime get-out-of-jail-free card. And becoming President of the United States is not a matter of rewarding an individual for past services.

Mr. McCain has said that he prefers an orderly government to one that has the chaos of the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

I think Mr. Jefferson might have disagreed, preferring the chaos of free speech.

"He [Michael Graham] also mentioned my abridgement of First Amendment rights, i.e. talking about campaign finance reform....I know that money corrupts....I would rather have a clean government than one where quote First Amendment rights are being respected, that has become corrupt. If I had my choice, I’d rather have the clean government." -- McCain on Imus, 2006.

The thing about having a clean government -- how do you know when you have one without the free speech to talk about it? The only manner in which to keep the government clean is to enable its citizens to speak out against abuses. McCain's assault on free speech, campaign finance, and bloggers (yes, he had a bill that would fine blogs for the comments on them as unreported campaigning) shows how unqualified he is to be President.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 7, 2008, 12:52 AM

I don't like him, but I don't think McCain was trying to say what you're reading into that quote. I think what he meant was, "This practice naturally leads to a corrupt government. People want to make this into a First Amendment issue, but I don't view it that way. In either case, if the government is corrupt, kiss your rights goodbye anyway."

I agree overall, though. I just felt compelled to talk about that quote.
Chuck
___

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by vmarks View Post
The thing about having a clean government -- how do you know when you have one without the free speech to talk about it? The only manner in which to keep the government clean is to enable its citizens to speak out against abuses. McCain's assault on free speech, campaign finance, and bloggers (yes, he had a bill that would fine blogs for the comments on them as unreported campaigning) shows how unqualified he is to be President.
Hold the roof up; I agree with vmarks! Unfortunately, there are too many who think that free speech only includes their views, and who are not really secure in their beliefs; thus they seek to quell others.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 01:54 AM

I think you should reread my last message since it's changed. And I agree with
all the others here - Whom say you have no case yet propound only that which
you wish were true lacking any attempt of proof.

You can repeat yourself over and over, call people names, and be generally rude tho.
Your grammar is so bad I literally cannot understand you. But what I think you are trying to say is that you are not going to make a case either, only jump on the bandwagon of saying that you don't need to, and that it is up to me to demonstrate that Hillary is not a Marxist. There's not much point in discussing this with you if you don't understand how logic works.

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 01:54 AM

QFTW. No case has been made - just links to mouth-breather websites that spout unfounded opinion. Come back when you have an argument to make.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 7, 2008, 02:09 AM

Breaking news story: gut feelings are not fact - news at 11.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Feb 7, 2008, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by chris v View Post
Done. Now what?
He already admitted that he had been wrong, did you miss it? I think it was on the previous page.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 7, 2008, 02:34 AM

I don't like him, but I don't think McCain was trying to say what you're reading into that quote. I think what he meant was, "This practice naturally leads to a corrupt government. People want to make this into a First Amendment issue, but I don't view it that way. In either case, if the government is corrupt, kiss your rights goodbye anyway."

I agree overall, though. I just felt compelled to talk about that quote.
I can't go on what you think he was trying to say - I can only rely on what he said.

He pretty clearly said that "I would rather have a clean government than one where quote First Amendment rights are being respected..."

And the use of scare quotes around what is an accepted means of expressing political free speech just because he doesn't like that speech is enough to indicate to me that he cannot be my candidate.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 05:38 AM

Too often, McCain couches everything as a ridiculous either/or in attempt to silence his critics. Yeah sure., our only hoices are between his vision of a 'clean government' where he can silence whomever he wants, or a 1st Amendment with a corrupt government.

Yup, those are the only choices.

Debate over. Better do what McCain is shoving down our throats. No chance we can have a choice C: an intact 1st Amendment... AND a clean government! That's crazy talk.

He'll often demand no one call what he's proposing exactly what it is. So a free speech issue, is magically not a free speech issue. Scamnesty isn't scamnesty, it's another of McCain's "agree with me... OR... some dire consequence strawman" proposition.

Why McCain isn't a Democrat is beyond me. He sure acts like one.

OreoCookie
Feb 7, 2008, 05:56 AM

Bush has infringed on so many civil liberties, what gives you the idea that it is somehow a `liberal' idea?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 7, 2008, 07:07 AM

he had a bill that would fine blogs for the comments on them as unreported campaigning

Couldn't find anything about this.

Are you sure it isn't wasn't the bill which would have fined blogs for not reporting child pornography?

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 7, 2008, 07:46 AM

I can only rely on what he said.

And the use of scare quotes around what is an accepted means of expressing political free speech just because he doesn't like that speech is enough to indicate to me that he cannot be my candidate.

Who says your interpretation is somehow more valid that Chuckit's?

I usually put quotes around something to denote I do not mean what the word/phrase is generally accepted to mean.

Example: [unnamed user] is a "nice chap".

What I'm saying here is that [unnamed user] is in fact a huge dick.

That usage seems perfectly consistent with the interpretation that McCain does not consider this to be a First Amendment issue.

Even if you think it's a First Amendment issue, you are making a huge jump from that to McCain prefers ordered government to the chaos of free speech. The most you can get from the quote is that he prefers a clean (which does not mean ordered) government with the singular restriction on free speech in question, to a corrupt one that has that one restriction lifted.

For Pete's sake, the law was trying to close a loophole. It was too strident, but I'm trying to see where this translates into some grand plan to sack the First Amendment.

FWIW, I've always heard them called "finger-quotes".

Tesselator
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 7, 2008, 08:04 AM

Benedict Arnold was a war hero but that did not exempt him from condemnation for his later betrayal.
Interesting you should mention Benedict Arnold when talking about John (songbird) McCain!

YouTube - John McCain (AKA SongBird McCain) Trator!

McCain is a traitor and should be Jailed or shot as such IMO. (Yeah, shot!)
- Thomas Paine

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
He already admitted that he had been wrong, did you miss it? I think it was on the previous page.
I just get a kick out of his style. Good natured ribbing.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
Bush has infringed on so many civil liberties, what gives you the idea that it is somehow a `liberal' idea?
Anyone who still belongs to a party that would have that man as president, and all the cronies he's appointed to wreck the federal government with crowbars, has totally lost my trust. McCain may deserve the nomination, but the Republican party really deserves about 8 years of wandering the wilderness to reflect on what it has done by putting Bush in power.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 11:55 AM

Interesting you should mention Benedict Arnold when talking about John (songbird) McCain!

YouTube - John McCain (AKA SongBird McCain) Trator!

McCain is a traitor and should be Jailed or shot as such IMO. (Yeah, shot!)
I head this live yesterday.
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 7, 2008, 12:18 PM

Heheh... You guys are a riot!

Using a piece of audio that Tesselator himself submitted to YouTube (with "traitor" misspelled, none the less!) as evidence to support your argument, and voices that sound nothing like McCain. I didn't even bother listening to more than a few seconds, but does McCain get into how Hillary is marxist in this clip by any chance?

If there were points assigned to extremity of view point, many people here would be kicking ass and taking names!

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 7, 2008, 12:54 PM

Anyone who still belongs to a party that would have that man as president, and all the cronies he's appointed to wreck the federal government with crowbars, has totally lost my trust. McCain may deserve the nomination, but the Republican party really deserves about 8 years of wandering the wilderness to reflect on what it has done by putting Bush in power.
The Democrats helped just as much.
Chuck
___

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 7, 2008, 01:07 PM

Well, it seems pretty clear that as of now, the Republican party is pretty fractured, and in no shape to win a general election...

You have the moderate Republicans who support McCain, you have the not-so-moderate Republicans who think McCain isn't conservative enough, you have your old school Republicans that aren't happy with McCain or Bush, you have your evangelical lobby which no longer has a clear Republican candidate to latch on to (not that I ever thought that latching on to Bush made any sense whatsoever), what else?

On the Democratic side, the differences between Hillary, Obama, and Edwards are pretty subtle. They seem far more unified now than they were in the past, and far more voters voted on a Democrat in open primaries than a Republican.

Basically, if you were to search the archives here and find all of the threads about how the Democrats are fractured and it is not clear what they stand for, you can now say the same thing about the Republican party as a whole. The Republican machine needs a makeover!

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 01:29 PM

I think you're right Besson - the trouble is that I think the Democrats are united around the idea of pulling the bus out of the ditch and firing the driver, not around where they would drive the bus once they got it out.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 7, 2008, 01:36 PM

I don't agree peeb... I really don't understand why some people say that they "just don't know where Hillary and/or Obama stand". I don't know how they could make things more clear:

- Iraq war: want to get troops out as soon as possible and focus efforts elsewhere

- Economy: support the stimulus, want to address predatory lenders, don't want tax benefits for companies that outsource. Want to roll back Bush's tax cuts

- Health care: each have their own plans to make health care publicly available and universal

- Environment: various carbon caps and strategies

Really? What questions are unanswered, and of these questions, which could you find answers to via a simple Google search?

If the charge is that the candidates haven't been a good job at *articulating* their vision and making it clear, I also don't have any problem understanding either Obama or Hillary. I wonder if this accusation is just some tired recycled John Kerry argument?

Tesselator
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 7, 2008, 01:36 PM

I head this live yesterday.
Yeah but not with that kewl room verb and lower pitch.
- Thomas Paine

Tesselator
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 7, 2008, 01:45 PM

I agree with you completely.. The only problem is that D and R have secretly merged
and there's only a few politicians not in on the merger. So they both need to wander
in the wilderness for 8... no, more like 80 years.

It doesn't leave us with anything to believe in or vote for but that's how it is when
living in a fascist state that has the majority of the people fooled into believing
there is still a working remnant of what used to be its government.
- Thomas Paine

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 01:54 PM

I don't agree peeb... I really don't understand why some people say that they "just don't know where Hillary and/or Obama stand". I don't know how they could make things more clear:

- Iraq war: want to get troops out as soon as possible and focus efforts elsewhere

- Economy: support the stimulus, want to address predatory lenders, don't want tax benefits for companies that outsource. Want to roll back Bush's tax cuts

- Health care: each have their own plans to make health care publicly available and universal

Really? What questions are unanswered, and of these questions, which could you find answers to via a simple Google search?

If the charge is that the candidates haven't been a good job at *articulating* their vision and making it clear, I also don't have any problem understanding either Obama or Hillary. I wonder if this accusation is just some tired recycled John Kerry argument?
I hear you - there are some tweaks, but there's really nothing of any scale. I mean, no one is setting a date for withdrawal from Iraq - when you get right down to it it's "a little bit less of the stuff you hate". On every level, I feel like the democrats pitch is "business as usual, but the middle class will get screwed a little bit less".

Tesselator
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 7, 2008, 02:23 PM

I think it's funny. There's a very large and growing group of people in the USA that believe the
stances of the politicians in question are really more like:

I don't know how they could make things more clear:

• Stay as long as possible, create or wait for another "event" to use as an excuse for invading Iran.
    (I guess they will pop off a few mini-nukes in American cities and say Iran did it.)
  • Don't address the war crimes already perpetrated.
  • Don't address the issue of DU proliferation nor it's affects in theater or after brought home.
  • Don't address the issue of safety of proper equipment for the troops.
  • Increase the use of torture and take full advantage of the missing habeas corpus.
  • Invoke the draft.

• Redistribute the wealth upwards and cut the middle class completely out of the USA economical landscape.
  • Blow out the dollar completely and introduce the Amero.
  • Use the "event" (above) to institute National ID or RFID implants and force a cashless society. Full dictatorial communism.

• Hillary-care. She IS our next president - there's no question about that now. So Marxist health care.
    That's it. I dunno if it's supposed to be in her 1st term or 2nd that the cashless chipped society will be established.

• Invoke a world wide tax and call it a "carbon tax" even though carbon is actually a good thing.
  • Use environmental issues to scare people needlessly.
  • Jail hundreds of thousands or even millions for not paying it.
And you forgot the most important issue of all. Personal Liberty... Which they say goes like:
  • Cordon off freeways and highways.
  • Restrict movement.
  • Confiscate all guns.
  • Broaden dictatorial powers and further corrupt our courts.
  • Establish a black-water like FEMA type police state.
  • Round up dissidents + opposition and place them in the already existing FEMA camps.
  • etc.

Anyway, I wonder which reality is more correct? Theirs or yours?
( Last edited by Tesselator; Feb 7, 2008 at 02:34 PM. )
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules