Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Drengy coming on like a Gangbuster.

Drengy coming on like a Gangbuster.
Shaktai
Mac Elite
Apr 23, 2005, 03:47 PM

WOW!

Drengy's really turned on the juice in Predictor. Looks like he'll pass jbcool, myself and Drweaver before long, and if he keeps this pace up long enough, he may even give mikkyo a run for the top spot.

I need more power, but have no dinero to spare.

mikkyo
Senior User
Apr 23, 2005, 09:53 PM

Heh. Predictor was out of work on Friday when I added some Xserves to the mix....

Shaktai  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 24, 2005, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by mikkyo
Heh. Predictor was out of work on Friday when I added some Xserves to the mix....
Should have figured you'd have some reserve.

mikkyo
Senior User
May 6, 2005, 12:51 AM

Now we should see some action
Someone finally joined Predictor.

Shaktai  (op)
Mac Elite
May 6, 2005, 05:55 PM

Well Joe Uselding is coming on strong and it looks like jbcool is back. We are outcrunching three of the teams ahead of us already. And of course a certain quiet serpentine character seems to have added a few (cough) small (cough, cough) machines to the effort. I just got back from Canada, so will have to see if I can increase things a little on my side as well, if for no other reason then to keep Joe Uselding and jbcool from steamrolling over me.

Of course, there is no hope of holding off Drengy or the newcomer. I'm completely outclassed there.

Shaktai  (op)
Mac Elite
May 9, 2005, 09:30 PM

Whoo wee! Cobra is coming on strong. As a team we are now well outpacing 3 of the teams ahead of us, and have already nearly matched the production of a fourth.

If we can further increasing our production by 1000 per day, we will be out producing every other team on Predictor@Home, and could eventually push for #1. Time to pour on the juice. #1 is doable and within reach.

I've increased my production and it still hasn't topped out. (actually had two machines that stopped crunching while I was on my last business trip). Of course no way I can get close to mikkyo, drengy or cobra.

Way to go team.

jbcool
Senior User
May 12, 2005, 01:20 AM

Wow finally got a chance to look at what was going on. Yipee!!! The backups have arrived just in time! Nice to see some heavy hitters joining in the know me down a few notches.

Yea, right Shaktai, like you got to worry about my production. I'm like a non energizer bunny, I keep getting slower and slower and slower.

Keep up the good work all good to have everyone helping.
Tag ur it.

Shaktai  (op)
Mac Elite
May 12, 2005, 11:39 PM

Hey jbcool, glad to see you back.

I've got four folks outcrunching me now, but think I might be able to sneak ahead of one of them. I'll be lucky if I can hold Drengy off for another week before he passes me in total credit, and knocks me down a notch.

Just a little bit more power and the Team can make a move on the #1 spot. We can move up to #3 with what we got now. Hopefully some more folks working other projects, could give Predictor a little larger share. It wouldn't take much.

My DSL was down for almost 12 hours and that set me back for today. All my boxes ran out of work to crunch until they got the DSL fixed. Everything is running smooth again though.
( Last edited by Shaktai; May 12, 2005 at 11:46 PM. )

drengy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2005, 04:53 PM

Just as I was starting to feel smug about my production level, along comes Cobra! Damn, you run a Mac lab on a campus or something? Very nice numbers!

mikkyo
Senior User
May 13, 2005, 05:46 PM

I don't even think Cobra's production numbers have peaked yet.
Give him a couple more days to show what he can really do.

Shaktai  (op)
Mac Elite
May 13, 2005, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by mikkyo
I don't even think Cobra's production numbers have peaked yet.
Give him a couple more days to show what he can really do.

That is really some nice production. So far we have outcrunched every other team today, thanks to Cobra.

drengy, I think my power is about maxed out so you will likely pass me in about 7 days. Oh well, maybe I can hold on to the #4 spot for a little while. Can't keep pace with the big dogs.

The Raven
Forum Regular
May 14, 2005, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Shaktai
Just a little bit more power and the Team can make a move on the #1 spot. We can move up to #3 with what we got now. Hopefully some more folks working other projects, could give Predictor a little larger share. It wouldn't take much.
Looks like Welnic has joined the race as well.

Shaktai  (op)
Mac Elite
May 15, 2005, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by The Raven
Looks like Welnic has joined the race as well.
Yep, I noticed. Drengy will knock me down to #4, Cobra will knock me down to #5 and Welnic will drop me down to #6, unless I can get past drweaser before then.

Oh well, the team will reap the benefits of my suffering

reader50
Administrator
May 15, 2005, 11:50 PM

Jaguar finally got old. My copy of Tiger is coming.

Soon, I will be able to boinc with the best of them.

Shaktai  (op)
Mac Elite
May 15, 2005, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by reader50
Jaguar finally got old. My copy of Tiger is coming.

Soon, I will be able to boinc with the best of them.
Woo hoo!

Tiger does make a difference, especially compared to Jaguar. It'll be almost like getting a new computer.

joe_it
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2005, 08:58 PM

Took me a while to hop on here, but I am finally on the forums here!! (Joe Uselding) Anywho, just wanted to say hi and glad that I can help contribute to the team numbers! I will go back to lurking now, will post when I can!

Joe
( Last edited by joe_it; May 22, 2005 at 08:59 PM. Reason: spelling)

Shaktai  (op)
Mac Elite
May 22, 2005, 09:29 PM

Welcome aboard Joe. I was wondering who that guy was that putting all the pressure on me in Predictor, before Drengy, Cobra and Welnic came along. You're definitely adding some punch to our drive.

joe_it
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2005, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Shaktai
Welcome aboard Joe. I was wondering who that guy was that putting all the pressure on me in Predictor, before Drengy, Cobra and Welnic came along. You're definitely adding some punch to our drive.

I am trying! Kind of bumbed that predictor is having issues right now. I really wanted to try out the latest builds of Boinc too. PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE..

Joe

Forum Links
Forum Rules