Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > What happens to the GOP if Clinton wins?

What happens to the GOP if Clinton wins?
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2016, 12:02 PM

They tried running a guy that people generally thought of as moderate in the establishment, they tried running a rich articulate guy in the establishment, now they are trying a rich inarticulate guy outside of the establishment with some extreme viewpoints.

What's next if this doesn't work?

If it weren't for the attacks on Clinton's character and corruption I think her lead would be even larger, so I think if she doesn't win this will be more of a statement against corrupt establishment politics rather than the majority of her specific policy positions and her rhetorical approach.

If Trump doesn't win, I think there will be far more questions, because of all of the different personas and rhetoric that have tried and failed, and that his specific policy positions are largely unclear.

Where will the party go, and where would you like it to go?

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2016, 12:18 PM

Sooner or later the GOP will wither, the Democrats will continue their rightward slide, and we'll get a BernieBLM party, which will make the Democrats shit their pants as easily exploitable voting blocs slip off the collar.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 4, 2016, 01:36 PM

Bwhahahaha. The rise of Sarah Palin. You didn't stick the wooden stake in far enough.
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2016, 01:49 PM

If this is what their future prospects are based on then Q.E.D.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 4, 2016, 02:19 PM

Frankly, I don't believe she can get through the debates without a major lapse of some sort, which would do irreparable harm to her campaign. If, by some miracle, she does win, then the GOP will likely still have at least one half of congress, that's hardly "chump change".
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2016, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Frankly, I don't believe she can get through the debates without a major lapse of some sort, which would do irreparable harm to her campaign. If, by some miracle, she does win, then the GOP will likely still have at least one half of congress, that's hardly "chump change".
Did she have any lapses here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpCRL_KVC1k

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2016, 05:44 PM

This reminds me of you right wingers making the claim that Obama is actually inarticulate and can't speak without a teleprompter, despite the hours and hours and hours of evidence that he generally does fine without a teleprompter.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2016, 05:51 PM

And here is another 3 hours, opened by mention of Clinton being healthy again in 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQjnPeFRTLE

So, you guys are saying that Clinton had a concussion in Dec 2012, recovered adequately enough for these two hearings, one of them in Jan 2013, but has since mentally deteriorated to the point that she would have consistent problems with doing the job?

You guys are loony tunes. There is PLENTY of other stuff to use against her, you don't need this fluff.

And please don't look for videos where she "ums" and "ers" or pauses trying to find her words, because we all do that. I'm looking for evidence that she has complete lapses that she simply cannot recover from.
( Last edited by besson3c; Sep 4, 2016 at 06:09 PM. )

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2016, 06:09 PM

Clinton and McCain on Benghazi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liU-bSjEjIo

any mental lapses here?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2016, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post

"I don't recall..."
"I don't remember..."
"I'm not sure..."
"I'm unaware..."
"My client needs a break." (Every 30-45 minutes.)

All while wearing her Fresnel prism glasses, used by people who have double vision from brain damage.

Seeing double: Clinton spokesman confirms new specs are related to head injury - NY Daily News

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2016, 12:36 AM

"You people are nuts!" I guess we'll see what comes from this, but it isn't going away until she has a full, unbiased psych eval from a qualified, respected neurologist and has those results publicly released. Or she "pops" in public, like during the debates.

(I think she'll try to find a way to avoid the debates, and make some excuse about Trump.)

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2016, 08:38 AM

Where is her flag pin?

Anyway, I'm derailing my own thread.

They tried running a guy that people generally thought of as moderate in the establishment, they tried running a rich articulate guy in the establishment, now they are trying a rich inarticulate guy outside of the establishment with some extreme viewpoints.

What's next if this doesn't work?

If it weren't for the attacks on Clinton's character and corruption I think her lead would be even larger, so I think if she doesn't win this will be more of a statement against corrupt establishment politics rather than the majority of her specific policy positions and her rhetorical approach.

If Trump doesn't win, I think there will be far more questions, because of all of the different personas and rhetoric that have tried and failed, and that his specific policy positions are largely unclear.

Where will the party go, and where would you like it to go?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2016, 11:06 AM

And here is another 3 hours, opened by mention of Clinton being healthy again in 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQjnPeFRTLE

So, you guys are saying that Clinton had a concussion in Dec 2012, recovered adequately enough for these two hearings, one of them in Jan 2013, but has since mentally deteriorated to the point that she would have consistent problems with doing the job?

You guys are loony tunes. There is PLENTY of other stuff to use against her, you don't need this fluff.

And please don't look for videos where she "ums" and "ers" or pauses trying to find her words, because we all do that. I'm looking for evidence that she has complete lapses that she simply cannot recover from.
Clinton and McCain on Benghazi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liU-bSjEjIo

any mental lapses here?
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
"I don't recall..."
"I don't remember..."
"I'm not sure..."
"I'm unaware..."
"My client needs a break." (Every 30-45 minutes.)

All while wearing her Fresnel prism glasses, used by people who have double vision from brain damage.

Seeing double: Clinton spokesman confirms new specs are related to head injury - NY Daily News

Bess, you do realize the most recent was almost two years ago? That is plenty of time for underlying undetected issues to manifest themselves.

Hillary can't have it both ways. She tells the FBI oops can't recall due to head trauma from the concussion, they say there is no health issues.
45/47

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2016, 12:28 PM

I feel like you guys are giving me brain trauma.

I'm too lazy to dig up those quotes to the FBI, but I'll take what you are saying at face value. Is it not possible that her concussion made it difficult for her to remember things temporarily? She obviously healed enough from her concussion to testify for 11 hours unscathed. Wouldn't these same questions have resurfaced then?

You guys are mixing all sorts of arguments up. Is it possible that she used her concussion as an excuse to cover stuff up? Sure, I wouldn't put it past her. But does this mean that she is still suffering from her concussion today? This is where your evidence gets really fluffy, which is my point.

I'll leave it to you guys to figure out what happened 2.5 years ago. I would say that if all of the Republican party and all of these hearings turned up nothing, there is probably nothing there except wild conspiracy theory.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2016, 12:39 PM

Do you guys want Trump to win the election? Why not stick to the issues? You tried fluff in the presidential elections against Obama. You have years and years of substantive stuff to use against Clinton, including her Iraq war vote which nobody seems to talk about at all.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Sep 6, 2016, 07:47 AM

Illustrating the general problem with liberals is they are extremely bad judges of others character.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 6, 2016, 08:27 AM

Do you guys want Trump to win the election? Why not stick to the issues? You tried fluff in the presidential elections against Obama. You have years and years of substantive stuff to use against Clinton, including her Iraq war vote which nobody seems to talk about at all.
Hillary should take your advice. Instead of talking about the fluffy mean things Trump has said, she needs to talk about her SOS successes, like Lybia, Syria, Egypt, and her brilliant "Russian reset"

Then again, maybe she can remember them, like she can't remember getting training on handling classified material (or what happened to 13 Blackberrys and two iPads, and a lap top filled with classified material) She thought "C" is for cookie, that's good me.
( Last edited by Chongo; Sep 6, 2016 at 09:14 AM. )
45/47

Forum Links
Forum Rules